A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 28 October 2018

Christmas Card Club #22- Winter Wonderland


Back with the Christmas Cards, for this fortnights Christmas Card Club, and this time the theme has been chosen by Christine, and she wanted to see a Winter Wonderland.
 I created 4 cards on the theme, all using Bauble stencils and Card-io stamps.



 The first one is using a bauble stencil from Inkylicious.
 All the sky inking was done in the same way, using a Clarity brush and Distress Inks. The colours were Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire, concentrating the colour at the top of the bauble, and fading it out as I came towards the torn paper mask made for the hillside.
 The torn paper was moved down the shape, and some Tumbled glass added over the edge with a dry baby wipe to create more hills.
 I'd added a moon mask punched from the sticky edge of a Post-it note before adding any ink.
 With all the baubles, when I'd finished inking the sky, I used the ink left on the stencil to gently drag inwards all round the stencil the define the bauble shape- a good tip picked up from Barbara Gray!
 Stamping is done in Versafine Clair Nocturne.
 The backing paper is from a pad I picked up from The Range, some lovely greys & silvers, including some with foil. Was only a couple of quid too. Made use of some more of those snowflakes, and a peel off greeting.
 The next one is done with a stencil I cut myself, with a Spellbinders die, Heirloom Ornaments 2011. I recently bought some stencil material from E-bay to do this sort of thing, so now I have a durable stencil. This is the largest die from the set, and I also cut it from copy paper, so that I could swap it for the stencil,and stamp right up to the edges, as even thin stencil material is a bit too thick, and leaves too much gap. Another piece of backing paper from the same pad, this one has foiled stars on.

These last two are done with another die cut stencil, this time Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments 2010. The backing paper is from a really old pack by Dovecraft, and I added silver & blue ribbon on the left.


Same stencil, this backing paper is so old I have no idea where it was from!
 Forgot to say, all the hillsides were outlined with a Quickie Glue pen, and Crystal glitter sprinkled on. I dotted some onto the trees, and also added it to the cabin roof.
 Also, the card bases are 8" square.

12 comments:

dutchess said...

Stunning cards Shaz...the cardio stamps are perfect for your scene building...great designs xxxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Well snap!! I've gone Card-io this time around too. Absolutely gorgeous cards Shaz, I love the different bauble shapes and your gorgeous scenes within them, wonderful stamping and colouring, Kate x

Mrs A. said...

I'm so loving these fabulous little scenes you have created. Each one a msterpiece. Hugs Mrs A.

Christine Harrop said...

Fabulous cards Shaz and perfect for my challenge. I love the scenes you have created within the bauble stencils. Sorry my card won't be posted till in the morning. We suffered a family bereavement over the weekend and I couldn't get my head round things.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Lovely scenes and very pretty Christmas cards. Blue white and silver look great together x

MaryH said...

The scenes created in the ornament are just gorgeous! I love the snowy drifts and the design elements are placed so perfectly on each snow hill! You've got some marvelous shading, both in the sky area and on the snow drifts...they look so realistic, and the shadows stayed soft. The background papers are great with the scene in each card. So beautiful! TFS

rachel said...

These are stunners Shaz - I love them all - the scenes work so well in the baubles - lovely! Hugs rachel x

Kyla said...

Shaz, these are fantastic, love the bauble and the delicate nature of the small images really comes together well, stunning.
kyla

Gibmiss said...

Hi Shaz
These cards are stunning... love the cardio Stamps... and your inking ... is fabulous... I didn't know you could buy Stencil material... will look into it
Hugs Sylvie xx

scrappymo! said...

These are all fabulous, Shaz. They are so delicate looking and very,very pretty. I enjoyed readying your tips for creating these scenes. I want to learn to make scenes and liked those tips you shared.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A super set of cards for our theme this time Shaz. Such lovely stamps and a great design using various bauble stencils too.
Lorraine

Karen E said...

Stunning cards x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...