A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Monday 1 October 2012

Love this- Triple Stamping from Frenchie

I came across this technique in a post on the SCS forum, and I love it! The technique is demo'd by a lady called Frenchie on her blog,and she has put a video up showing how it works. It is really easy to do,and it exploits the 'halo' effect you get by stamping over more than one layer of paper, a mask, for instance.IMG_6695 w
If you work off the instructions she gives, bear in mind that American cardstock sizes are slightly different to ours, so you will need to make some adjustments. I will list the sizes I used, which should give you the idea.The card here is 6"x4", and the base card forms the final matt layer, so your matt card needs to be the same colour.  So, to make this card I used:
Base card 6x4 , First matt 5" x 3", second matt 4" x2", all in black.
Then three pieces of white card to stamp on,
First piece  5 3/4" x 3 3/4", second 4 3/4" x 2 3/4", third 3 3/4" x 1 3/4".
The first thing I did was to flip the white card over and write a small 'T' at the top of each one. You need to keep all the layers the right way up for this, or the image won't marry up, and when you come to matt the pieces it is not easy to tell which way is up.IMG_6698 w 
         Next, layer all the white pieces together, keeping them equally spaced, using some repositionable glue or tape. Now choose your stamps, you want probably two, and a sentiment.
For my card I used a Butterfly Kisses Happy  Anniversary stamp, one called Sakura (the flower) also from Butterfly Kisses, and a flourish stamp.
IMG_6692 w
Mine is slightly different from the ones on Frenchies blog, I used the sentiment stamp as the main focus on the top piece of card. Then I stamped the flower, and finally the flourish, making sure they all overlapped the three pieces of card. Don't worry about the 'breaks' in the design, this is exactly what you want.
Next you take the three pieces apart, and matt each one onto its corresponding matt. You can see how its hard to tell up  from down !
IMG_6693 w
IMG_6694w
 








When you put the layers together, your eye just completes the image. To embellish I stamped the Sakura flower a couple of times, heat embossed with a sparkly powder, then cut them out & layered them up with silicone glue.
IMG_6700w
This is such a simple technique, yet makes, I think, a really stunning card- perfect for fast cards! I'm thinking this could be great for Christmas cards this year Open-mouthed smile 
I got a bit carried away, and did a few more:
IMG_6699 w
IMG_6706w
The Blue card uses a DoCrafts Whispers Words stamp, 49902, for the sentiment, the Sakura flower again, and another swirl. The Best Wishes is another Butterfly Kisses stamp.
I then wondered about other shapes, so did some tag shapes, sponging them in Oranges & Yellow Distress Inks. I've overstamped them with a Crafty Individuals stamp, CI305, for the central image in Adirondack EspressoIMG_6709w,and the cogs are from PaperArtsy, Clocks Plate 5, the clock and cogs from Clocks Plate 3, in Versafine Sepia.IMG_6710 w






I shall be matting these up onto a dark golden brown card.
I also thought that maybe Nesties shapes could be good for this, and have cut out some Octagons, which I haven't stamped yet, and some labels which I have. Just need to add some colour to those.IMG_6711 w

4 comments:

Scrap Affair said...

THANK YOU! I was wondering how to do that. And welcome back, I really missed your tutorials and work, nice to see you back!
Nadia

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Shaz,

Very cool. I don't think I'd have the patience to do it though..... but love the effect.

Hugs,
Kay

sistochris said...

I'm going to have to try this technique! I LOVE the look! Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Love the technique here and how these cards look. Did you mask the sentiment before stamping the flower?
Lynn x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...