A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 19 February 2020

WOYWW #559- The Return to Normal Service Edition.

And of course, by that I mean a bit of enabling to share on this weeks desk sharing link up, hosted as always by our beloved Julia, over at The Stamping Ground.
 But the first thing on my desk this week is some home cut stencils/masks.


Cut on my Silhouette, using Mylar stencil sheets.I buy them off E-Bay, and they are a great price. I buy the 125 micron as that seems fine for my uses, which are mainly to ink through. I'd possibly say you may want the thicker 190 micron (also available on E-Bay) if you wanted them to put paint or stencil paste through.






I used  deckle edged cutting files for these, just for a bit of a change. I'm intending to do some more Christmas cards (and probably others) with these, based on a design I saw posted on FB, and the maker very kindly said it was fine to CASE them.







Last week being Valentines day, and here is Hubbys card. Also inspired by something similar I saw on Fb. That one used punched hearts, in 3 rows. I made some hearts using cardstock & UTEE. some of which had glitter sprinkled in, a couple have stamping on the cardstock, and one had the impression from a crackle stamp in silver impressed in it.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for.....drum roll....the Enabling!




 A couple of new stamp sets from VI, there are more but these two were the ones that grabbed me.



And a 3-D embossing folder from Tim Holtz,called Mechanics. Gives a great impression of riveted metal pieces. Be cool for masculine type cards.








A bunch of Christmas cards made, based around the star one from a couple of weeks ago. I found a pad of vellum in with my Christmas stuff , have no idea how many years ago I bought it,but I'm trying to get stuff thats been here years used up! I just used bauble die cuts instead of stars. Post is below this one.



So thats me done, just leaves room for.....And Finally......




25 comments:

Helen said...

Love the valentine card! looking forward to the hand cut stencils being put into use. Great enabling (I haven't done any today) Happy WOYWW Helen #?

Sarah Brennan said...

Nice enabling Shaz. I particularly like the stamp set on the right. I have some mylar which I use with my Cricut and Brother Scan N Cut for stencils occasionally. I must have another go. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Lillianb said...

Happy WOYWDW

Great valentines card. and the Tim Holtz stamps look as thought you are going to get a lot of use out of them. what a great embossing folder. and a great bunch of Christmas cards

Lilian B #8

lisa said...

Lovely to see you Shaz and love what you've been up to. Thank you for the tip on the mylar, that's something I'm looking for but the stronger one for putting paste through. A trip to ebay may be my next port of call.

Hugs Lisa xx #12

Catriona said...

You have been very busy this week and the Christmas cards are great. I’ve done a little bit of paper crafting but the sewing machine is calling me.

Annie said...

Love the Valentine card you old romantic :-)
The and finally made me chuckle.....I'm sure many really thought it but of course I knew it was only sleeping ;-)
Hugs,
Annie x #6

Sue Jones said...

Gorgeous Valentine card. Love the new supplies I am so looking forward to the new TH dies coming out soon . Have a great week . Soojay #11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That's a great idea for the Valentine card and the Christmas cards too. I really must use up some old papers to make more space, just don't know why I hang on to these things! Have a lovely week and a very happy woyww, Angela x15x

Belinda Basson said...

I also cut stencils on my silhouette... Great little machine. I too have Mr Holtz's embossing folders, its one of my faves.

Glenda said...

I always love to visit and see what is going on in your world...I think it is wonderful that you have Christmas cards showing now. Happy WOYWW!
Glenda #19

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lol at the And Finally - that makes me feel so much better!! I didn't realise that your crafting could be so dangerous that you required body protection....no wait, that's Kevlar...sorry. Is Mylar the same thing.....;-)
Just ignore me.....
HUgs LLJ 5 xxx

lisa said...







Just had to pop back to thank you, Shaz, that is really kind.

Hugs Lisa xx #12









Shoshi said...

Great post, Shaz. Love the Valentine card! As for the enabling, I like the look of the TH 3-D embossing folder, and the Mylar for stencils. Is Mylar the stuff they make polywallets out of? It's much softer than acetate which I hate cutting with my machine as it blunts the blade, and is too brittle in use, I find. Thank you for your visit, and your very helpful enabling! I have had bottles from Ampulla before, and had forgotten about this company! Nice to know that the spray is guaranteed to be nice and fine, because previous spray bottles I've had from Ebay have made a lot of splattery mess. I've got some of those pen misters (can't remember where I got them) for small amounts, as you say. Anyway, I shall definitely be going the Ampulla route! Thank you.

We only ever have the same 2 craft shows in Exeter, but they are always worth visiting. We don't get the big names, of course, because we're practically falling off the map down here in the Westcountry. They do have new exhibitors most times, and this year Dawn Bibby was there, if you like her sort of stuff. In this particular craft show they didn't have the usual exhibition area, which was a disappointment - at the one I went to in Sept., they had quilts and 3-D embroideries which were stunning.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #20

StampinCarol said...

Great tips and enabling!! Love your Valentine card and what a big start on Christmas 2020!
Had a good laugh on your quote. Thanks for popping by!
Have a wonderful week! Carol N #21

Caro said...

lovely enabling this week... your valentines day card is stunning and I love your Christmas cards as well. Happy WOYWW. Have a wonderful week. With love and God Bless, Caro xxx (#8)

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, good to see enabling us back even though I'm on a spending freeze because I have so much old stash I need to use up too. The Valentine's card is beautiful and I loved all those Christmas cards. Hope you are keeping well. Hugs, Elizabeth x #22

Neet said...

Oh Shaz, I just adore that Valentine card you made for Doug. It is beautiful. What a lovely idea and what lovely ideas you had for the variations on the hearts themselves.
Lovely VI stamps and I can see you having lost of uses for the second one. I want, no need, the TH embossing folder - it is fabulous! Just up my street.
Cannot believe how many Christmas cards you have made and are planning on making - there will be no catching you out. Do you know how many you are planning? You are tremendous!
Incidentally, the relief fro back pain did not last - today has been awful!
Hugs, Neet 10 xx

Stacy Sheldon said...

ha, evidently I was under a rock when the dinosaur story was happening that is a new one to me. ( I smirked ) I love the glimmer and shine those Christmas cards have Shaz, and that seems really smart to cut your own mask's too. ~Stacy #23

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, love the valentines card, and your enabling! The 3D embossing folder looks interesting. Male cards are the ones I struggle with most. Have a lovely week Heather xx #26

R's Rue said...

Beautiful card. So nice.

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. Cutting stencils is one thing I want to get back to - with my Silhouette and the new Cricut. Christmas cards! I am not even thinking of Easter yet. I get more laidback every year. Ali x #13

craftyani said...

Gosh all those Christmas cards and it's only February! Living here in Spain I am really out of touch with the advancement of card making. Had to Youtube Myler to see what it was. No good for me as I havent the correct machines. Love the Valentines card. Have a good week. Ani#7

Lindart said...

Beautiful Valentines card! And I LOVE the stamp set with the book and the bird, awesome! Great Christmas Cards, I really MUST make some as I clearly can't do it December! And as far as the killing the dinosaur - I'm sure you could easily convince Trumpers...Trump would probably even lift the ban on killing them...LOL! Thanks for your visit, and have a great week, Lindart #24

Kyla said...

ooh your blog needs to come with a warning.....that TH embossing....oooh I can think of SO many good things to make with that!! Darn it!

Loving your Christmas cards you have made, so many different designs and some lovely backing papers too really pulling them all together.

kyla

Aimeslee Winans said...

Mama Mia, Shez, I wish I could spit out 15 Christmas cards as gorgeous-looking as yours! I know that has to feel good using up old stuff, happy for you. XOX

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...