A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Tuesday 18 February 2020

Christmas Card Club #4- Christmas Carol/Anything Goes.

Righty ho, I'm finally here with my Christmas cards for this fortnights challenge.  Christine gave us Christmas Carol as our theme for this one, but I have to say I really have nothing that will fit that, so instead I've used our fall-back of Anything Goes.
I went back to one of the designs I did for the 'Stars' challenge, and made a slight change, this time using baubles instead of stars.
 In my box of Christmas papers, I came across a pad of vellum papers, most probably bought at a craft show some years ago. It has alternate vellum sheet and matching sheet of plain cardstock. I made the vellum panels exactly the same as I did before, using Double sided adhesive sheets, then edging with a sparkly peel off.
 I got three strips out of a half of the vellum sheets, and chose 3 card blanks for each to match.

By the way, the top right vellum with the small baubles I *think* came from a copy of Making Cards, probably a lot of years ago!
 
From the second half of the vellum, I die cut some Baubles. I used two different shapes,one is Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments 2010-the other from a Memory Box die called Globe ornament.






 The Swirl overlay on them is a Memory Box die designed to go with it, called Chambray Ornament.











 I used two of the Heirloom Ornaments- the one on the right- taped together to make a frame for them.







 They were added to the front using a circle of Fun Foam to give a little dimension.




I used glue in a fine tipped nozzle bottle to add glue to the back of the swirl die cut, and added the little 'hanger' that is also part of the die set.



Two done in gold, and one in silver.

Finally I die cut some banners from matching cardstock, and set a peel off Christmas greeting on them.


That gave me another 15 cards for my Christmas box, and is also helping to use stuff that I've had for more years than I care to remember!

5 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow! these are fabulous Shaz. I love the design and what a great way to make your vellum sheet go so much further by having panels of it on your cards.
Lorraine

dutchess said...

Wow Shaz you have been busy adding to your card stash....15 cards my goodness and all so lovely and yet different for each shape of bauble...loving your makes xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

OMGOSH Shaz, what gorgeous cards, love your designs and your colours are brilliant, Kate x x

Christine Harrop said...

Wow, these are fabulous Shaz! You have certainly been busy. Yes you are right about the paper coming from Making Cards mag - believe it or not I came across some of it myself when I found a mass of papers, mags etc in a cupboard I haven't checked in years!How about that for coincidence? They did it in vellum and paper . Take care. Christinex

Linda Simpson said...

WOW you have been a busy little bee. These are all fabulous.
Hugs
Linda xxx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...