A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 2 February 2020

Christmas Card Club 2020- #3 Stars

My these weeks just seem to fly past! Back with another Challenge from the Christmas Card Club, this time the theme has been chosen by Sylvie, and she wants to see stars- in the nicest possible way, of course! I've made a total of 11 cards for this, 2 sets of four, and one of three that I'm not entirely sure about.

The first set of four use a die set by John Next Door, called Sams Starz. The card base is 7" square, the background die does not cut the outer edges, so you can cut to any dimension you need.












The second set features a printed vellum panel and a die cut star.











The third set, which I'm not sure about. I think maybe the foil card holly is a bit too much. I may try removing it, and see if it looks better with just plain green cardstock.







This shot was my starting point- some image printed vellum I've had for more years than I can recall, a Stitched Stars die set- possibly from The Works- a plain star set from X-Cut,The John Next Door set, which has 4 dies in it, and two star wreath dies. I also used some peel off borders, and sentiments. Still tackling that peel off mountain!





 I started by adding DST adhesive sheet to the back of the vellum. This is a great way- at least against light/white cardstock- to adhere vellum without any adhesive showing. Bought this roll at the NEC.


After that, I added it to a sheet of white card. I cut this, which was roughly A4 sized, into about half,  then cut that half into 4 panels.

The panel was added to the card front, a top fold card, with DST.
I ran some glittery peel offs down each edge.











 At first I planned on using some of the 'scrap strip' sheets I made for the star, but when I tried it over the panel, it looked too busy, so swapped to stars cut from the vellum.











I cut a star 'frame' by taping together the size die I cut the stars with, and the next size down.






Bonus, I have some gold stars for another project!






Added the frame with Matte Medium.








Next I added some smaller fun foam stars to the back, for a little extra dimension. Then added the stars to the card front with some more Matte Medium.


Next up is the Star background die, and as I said, it has 4 dies in it. The background, the star with the trees, a large Star shape, and a smaller die with the images of Deer on.
 These three were all cut from White pearl card, the Star shape from Glitter cardstock.







I'd already made the red one, so decided to switch up the colours for the other 3, gold, silver and Royal Blue.









Layered the background onto a sheet of glitter card. Then layered the 'tree star' onto a glitter star too. This one I added over the centre star with some foam squares. I added the  Deer scene on top, after cutting it out with the Star shape.
Final touch was a peel off greeting, onto a small die cut strip.



















Sams Starz.



 The strip die cut is one of a big set of dies intended for use making slider cards. I don't make those, but saw Jennifer McGuire recommend these to use as sentiment strips.




This is the set, Honey Bee Straight Interactive Sliders. I got mine from Bumbleberry Papercrafts.




For the last three, I completely forgot to take photos! But I die cut the circular wreath from some dull gold card, and die cut an assorted bunch of stars, mainly using dies from the Tim Holtz Thinlits set called Swirling Stars.



I added some stars to the wreath, then decided to add some holly. It was die cut from green foil using a holly branch from another Tim Holtz die set, called  Winter Greens.






 I added a vellum panel, this time to the centre of the card, then placed the wreath on top.







13 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Shaz, goodness what a wonderful array of cards. Absolutely stunning designs, I especially love the first set with the lovely scene framed with the star. Your panels of vellum are gorgeous and make a glorious background to the wreaths. I love them all though, Kate xx

dutchess said...

Wow Shaz you have been busy, fabulous selection of cards....I love that John next door die, one of my go too dies....lxxxx

gwen70 said...

Wow you have been busy such beautiful cards. Love the John next door die set. xx

Rita said...

Hello Shaz. What a fantastic array of cards. I nearly did your first one too, but I used it a lot last year and so decided against it. Love the slider card idea sounds like one I need to try. Hope All is well with you both. Hugs Rita xxx

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Shaz you have been busy, these are all gorgeous! I love them all!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Zoe Tant said...

wow you've been busy. Super cards and really love that die with the flowers too. Like the use of vellum thanks for the idea. Zoe x

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh you super star. These are all fab, my word those John stars are super value aren’t they. Love what you did with the vellum; really thought you’d struggle with that, based on what would happen to me of course, but you’ve aced it. I like the metallic holly, but if you don’t, stick another of green card ones on top, save all the hassle and potential danger of peeling the metallic off!

Mrs A. said...

Yipes, 11 cards you really have surpassed the challenge. I like all three sets. Hugs Mrs A.

rachel said...

My word Shaz - thats a bumper load of cards - fantastic! I like the first set the best - they are beautiful! Hugs rachel xx

Elizabeth said...

All your cards are lovely, Shaz, and those are great dies - I can see how the slider die would be useful for cutting out greetings too. xx

Gibmiss said...

Stunning Cards Shaz ... you have been busy
Hugs Sylvie xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow! this is a bumper stash of cards Shaz, you have certainly been busy creating and I love them all.
Lorraine

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great collection Shaz, looks like you've been busy. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...