A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 14 April 2019

Christmas Card Club Challenge #8- Christmas or Winter Scene.

So we're back for another Christmas Card Club Challenge, and this week it's my pleasure to have chosen the theme, which is a Christmas/Winter Scene, with the alternative of Anything Goes, if the theme doesn't work for you.

I've got two cards for this week, both using the Stampendous Snowy Postcard stamp.

In each case I stamped the image twice, then cut the centre oval out of the second image so I could pop it up with Foam Tape.
 Images were stamped with Archival Cobalt for the blue, and Versafine Sepia for the brown.
I worked through a range of blue DI's for the first one, and used a Twinkling H2O blue for the oval frame. I coloured the holly leaves with green H2O's, and Liquid Pearls in Garnet for the berries.
 The Paper covering the card fronts is from an old Papermania pad, and the embossed piece was done with an Appleblossom All Occasion  Merry Christmas folder.

The Sepia one used various Brown DI's, and a brown H2O,  otherwise all was the same. In both cases, I added some clear embossing ink to the roofs and ground, then sprinkled with Stampendous Sparkle Puff powder. It doesn't puff up as much as the Inkylicious Puffy Stuff, but it's perfect for when you only want a little dimension.

9 comments:

dutchess said...

I love this stamp Shaz ...one of my all time favourites and how different it looks done in different colours...beautiful cards xxxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thanks for a great theme this week Shaz and your cards are superb. I have this stamp too and it's one of my favourite, traditional scenes. I love how you demonstrate different styles that can be achieved with the same stamp here too.
Lorraine

Rita said...

Morning Shaz. Two wonderful cards and it just shows how the same stamp can be used for different looks. Loved your Challenge this week. Have a Great Week. Hugs Rita xxx

gwen70 said...

Two beautiful cards, great to see same stamp used in different colours

Christine Harrop said...

I loved your theme this time Shaz and also love your cards. I must try and get that stamp because it is fabulous although I know it has been out a long time. Maybe eBay. Hugs Christine xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Shaz, it's a fabulous image and looks quite different inked up in the two colours, super designs too.
Thanks for the challenge, I love it, Kate x x

Sarah Brennan said...

They look fabulous Shaz. I love how a change of colour scheme can make two similar cards look so different.

Mrs A. said...

I have this stamp too(along with the train) and love using it. You have given me new ideas though with the tinting of the whole background and cutting the oval out again to create the dimension. Love both of your versions. Hugs Mrs A.

rachel said...

Great theme Shaz - really loved it - and your cards are wonderful! Hugs rachel x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...