A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 10 April 2019

WOYWW #514- The Return to Glitter Edition

Gooooood Morning People!!!!!!!! WOYWW speeds round again, and time to link and visit desks around the world in all their glory. Hosted by our lovely Julia over at The Stamping Ground as always.
 I have to take the picture from the side to get most of the desk in.
 Littered with the makings of cards from those glittered medallions.
 Front corner, a stack of pastel square card blanks. Do not ask how long I've had those, the memory doesn't go back that far.

 Next to them, some embossing folders, of which more later on.  A handful of cards mounted, needing sentiments on. To the back, a bunch with their sentiments, and next to that, a half dozen not mounted yet. You can see my little glue bottle next to the stack of finished cards. Still using those small bottles, and they are working great. Nice and soft to squeeze, and as yet- and it must be 6 months- I haven't had any issue with the fine nozzles blocking up. Just wipe them with a baby wipe, and make sure the nozzle is cleared with a pin before putting the lid on. An EBay purchase, £3.14 for 10.



I'm die cutting sentiments for these.







These will get added to cards after I've finished with the first lot.




 And so, on to the Enabler Extraordinaire Award, which this week goes to Kathryn, ( Frantzlady) who joins us via Instagram.
 Those embossing folders that were on my desk- 3D ones from Crafters Companion. Two are 5"x7", and one is 4" x 6". Kathryn had shown the one on the left, Studded Leather, in her post, and when I went looking for it, I also saw the other two. I did go to Crafters Companion for them, but had way too much trouble with their checkout process keep changing my payment method, so I went looking elsewhere. Which turned out to be a bonus, as I found them slightly cheaper at Craft Stash!.

 I've run them through using a white Pearl card, and they look fabulous. Had to figure out the right sandwich, as 3D ones are a bit thicker than normal folders, and it really does help to lightly mist the cardstock first. The top right I think still needs a slightly different recipe, as some of the card surface has split, but I have found that with the 3D ones, one recipe doesn't work for all.


Here they are individually, so you can see the texture. The folders are: Top Left, Studded Leather, Top Right, Seamless Waves, and bottom, Isometric Cube.

A few people asked me last week where I get my scalpel blades from- well the company is called Scalpels and Blades.
 They have a huge variety of blade shapes, my personal favourites are the Number 11 on the left, and the Number 6 on the right.  They also do a pack with a blade assortment, so you can try them out to see which you prefer. They come in Sterile or Non Sterile choices, and I only get the Non Sterile, which are the cheaper of the two. There are two handles available, a size 3 and a size 4, and you buy blades accordingly. If you already have a handle, the number should be stamped into one side of it. There is also a small blade remover, but I just use a small pair of jewellery pliers, and despite being reasonably clumsy, I've never cut myself yet! I have a small plastic tub that I've cut a slot in the lid, and I've been using that for my old blades for about 5 years, and it's not even close to full.
So, after all that, it just leaves.....And Finally......



Ha Ha Ha Ha....if I did that, I'd never get out of the house!!



Oh, and your countdown starts now! Did you realise it's the 10th Birthday Crop in 8 weeks?

26 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Morning Shaz, love the glitter cards especially against the pastel cards. Useful tips regarding the embossing folders. I am really looking forward to the crop too. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #?

Helen said...

Loving the glittery medallions! great enabling too. Helen #?

Neet said...

"I have a glittery medallion card, I have a glittery medallion card" - and it is gorgeous! Thanks Shaz!
I have sent off for my blades, thank you so much for the links and information.
Love those 3D embossing folders, I first saw them in Nijerk last year (sadly not going this weekend on account of health probs) and was a bit blown away by them, but I resisted. Do I regret it? Probably when I see your work using them. Thanks for the heads up about the sandwiches just in case I succumb.
Hugs, to you both - got my ticket - see you soon.
Neet 3 xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Don't those glittery card look smashing!! There's something quite pleasing about seeing a lots of completed card together, so rewarding. Those 3D embossing folders look fab, like the quilted look they give. I have a few other 3D's in my collection but shamefully hardly use them but as we crafter's say they are there when I need to :))
Happy WoywW Hugs Tracey (5)
P.S It's friendly stuff is glitter :D

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I like the effect of those embossed papers, one reminds me of a 50s bed headboard (in a good way!!) I bet you'll get a lot of use out of those beauties. The medallion cards are so gorgeous too and great that you're resuming those old card blanks - a win-win situation there.
8 weeks -woohoo - am doing a happy dance!!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Annie said...

I've used many a scalpel in my former life but never thought to save one for crafting but I still use my artery forceps on a daily basis for stuffing my bears....invaluable. I could do with a spare pair though cos I'm always losing them and have struggled to buy another pair the same.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

Glenda said...

Your glittery pieces are beautiful! Also love those embossing folders. It looks like you have been super busy! Happy WOYWW! Glenda #9

Marit said...

A desk full of happines today Shaz... love it! I might go look for a small glue bottle too, see if I can get those in Holland. I use my bookbind-glue and/or mod podge and a brush, but that's not so simple to use when it comes to glueing little pieces. Happy woyww and a big hug from Holland. Marit #17

glitterandglue said...

Morning Shaz. Teehee!! You wouldn't be the only one to be confined to the house trying to work out what to do with the glitter... Great cards - you do so many - you must work non-stop in your little craft den! Well done.
See you at the crop.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Shoshi said...

These are utterly gorgeous, Shaz. Thanks for the info about the scalpels. I'm in a rush just now, ready to go out but I'll come back and have a closer look at your post later. Many thanks for your visit and for your good wishes for the appointment this p.m. I've now uploaded my first Wordpress post here: https://shoshiplatypus.com where you can see my WOYWW post with photos.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #23 (new number for Wordpress post)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz. Great post today. I agree with you on the 3D embossing folders you cannot use the same sandwich for all but they do look stunning. I've been decanting glue into some smaller bottles that have very fine metal tops attached and they're good for very small die cuts and the like and never seem to block....just wish I could remember where I got them from Lol! Happy woyww, Angela x16x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Had a chuckle at you saying you and I think alike.. all in the name ;-)
Funnily I was wondering yesterday how your bottles were going?? I’d see them when you bought them and marked them but I’ve bought three or four duds so hadn’t bought them yet... now just may do it after your success!!

Love the glitter cards, I do so like square cards, BUT we’re penalised in mailing them so need to put them in legal size envelope to mail.


Welll best wriggle on am two hours behind your pre daylight saving time cause we turned our clock back and hour.. so your 6am was our 5pm but now is 3pm when I was at dentist having a big molar filling. No needle too and find it’s better, tooth nerve is part dead anyway I think.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x #15

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow, glitter galore - they look magical - they remind me of stained glass a little just with a bit a sparkle. I'm always amazed how well embossing folders work - how on earth did I manage without them years ago? I was so deprived back then LOL! Thanks for your visit Shaz! Happy #514! zsuzsa #21

Lynne Bishop said...

Glad you have not cut yourself, I am always very wary of scalpels. The medallion cards are looking great and don't we always have glitter everywhere even when we have not used it for a while. xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I love medallions, probably because they are neat and finished. I haven't done much glittering or using my embossing folders for a long time. In fact, I was thinking of getting rid of mine due to the lack of use. Thanks for your visit. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter) #27

StampinCarol said...

Your glitter cards are wonderful! Whoever gets them will certainly be blessed! And your embossing folders.. LOVE! Not sure which is my favorite. Love your quote though I rarely use glitter. I wear contacts and glitter can be nasty on the eyes.
Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT week!
Carol N #24

Sue said...

Hi Shaz, Loving your cards.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #13

Twiglet said...

Oh we all love a bit of glitter - I used to drive my school cleaner mad at Christmas when I got my class making cards - little ones just love to load things up with glitter! Not long till the crop - yes we will have a raffle and let Julia choose a charity for any funds to go to. Getting excited already! xx Jo

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, great shot of your desk and you have been so busy making all those cards. There was me congratulating myself for making just one! I like the embossing folders - beautiful textures. Glitter gets everywhere. Have a great week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #26

Shoshi said...

Great that you can see the photos now, Shaz! I definitely think Wordpress is the way forwards. Bye bye Blogger.

Shoshi x

Anne said...

Hi Shaz. Thanks for popping in. Sorry I'm late. Love the cards and the folders ( I have similar, very effective)
Love, love, loveglitter! I used to use it atschooland drive cleaners nuts!!! Anne X 14

Kathryn Frantz said...

Enabler, huh? I don’t think we are even yet! I can’t begin to count all the things I “had” to find that you have shared. Mind you, I am not complaining. And I really don’t think enabling is a bad thing. I’m generous. I like to share, yeah, that’s right🙄

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. I am loving your glitter medallions. I still find glitter in my craft room when cleaning, despite not having used loose glitter for years! Ali x #22

Belinda said...

Hello my friend! Thank you for popping over to help me ooo and aahh over my new pencil sharpener, my new favorite tool. First let me say you are a card-making machine! I love all the beauties you shared with us. They are stunning. Now I am not much of a glitter girl because I don't like spending weeks in vain trying to clean it from every surface but I have to say I quite like what you have created. I can see you glittering from across the pond!! Confession, I even tell my boys not to both bringing home glitter projects from art class. I know, I know, I sound like a grump. I do have some glitter Stickles, pens and Nuvo drops but that is as far as I go.
Now you got me drooling over your scalpel and blades. I really like the shape and maybe it could help me improve my hand cutting skills! Thanks for the information since it sounds very detailed. Sunny day here today and I think I might crack open one of my coloring books today. Have a blessed day my friend!
Belinda

Lindart said...

Gorgeous metallic medallions! Those embossing folders look like fun - I got two of TH's for Christmas, I like yours too! I used to have a knife like yours, but it somehow got lost in the clutter - hope I can find it! Thanks for your visit and have a great week! Lindart #29

Stacy Sheldon said...

HI Shaz, those glittered panels look super on the card bases and I don't have any of that brand 3d folders but, I do have some sizzix ones and for me I just took the extra plate that is the same as a cut plate and the skinny die adapter plates out of the big shot to make it work but, I will give that misting the paper a whirl sometime :) thanks! ~Stacy #28

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...