A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 3 April 2019

WOYWW #513- The Bit Boring Edition.

Definitely a bit boring this week. Nothing of excitement on my desk, just a few purchases.
These sentiment dies, in a sale at Craft Stash, all around the £3 mark. They have lots more besides these.

As always on Wednesday, we are meeting round at Julias place, The Stamping Ground, to view desks with a lot more interesting things on them!



 A box of Number 11 blades for my scalpel- still my preferred crafting knife. Scalpel blades work out much cheaper than branded 'craft knife' blades, and because they aren't the expensive part of the deal, you're not tempted to use them past their best.

The T'GAAL pencil sharpener is a gem! I bought one for sharpening my Prismacolor pencils, and love it so much more than my battery operated one. You can dial the sharpness of the point you prefer/need, so can have anything from a gently rounded tip to something you could use as a dart,lol. Available from Amazon- of course- they come in a range of colours. The prices seem to vary with the colours, and some only have free delivery on orders over £20, but it's something you can wait until you order something else, or wait a few weeks for it to come from Japan. Which I did with the black one, when I realised they would be amazing for make up pencils.
 I finished the Wedding card, and I'll put it down here, as it was made for a work colleague getting married for everyone at work to sign, and I expect  they're on Facebook.
 Gold and white, which seem to be a traditional thing for Polish couples, as do the Doves.


I forgot to post this pic from Wales last week.
 This is Rhuddlan Castle, and was literally over the river from the Premier Inn. We thought we'd go have a look around when we left on Sunday, but sadly it was closed from November till the end of March, so we were just a week or two too early.

 It seems that between us, Marg & Lynne complaining to Facebook, the matters been sorted finally, and Lynne can post her blog links. So thanks for all suggestions.


And thats it, I'm done for this week. Which just leaves........And Finally......



Not the one I'd planned on using, but saw this on FB yesterday! Shame there wasn't a video of him coming home, that would have been priceless.My second thought was I was surprised all the neighbourhood cats hadn't moved in!


26 comments:

Helen said...

What a pretty wedding card! The castle is stunning, what a shame it wasn't open to visit. Have a great week. Helen #?

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

My thought was to wonder where she had hidden all those boxes before piling them up like that. That is a beautiful wedding card and I am sure it will be treasured. I also have a new pencil sharpener, which, very irritatingly, is an add-on item on Amazon, unless you want to pay £15. Have a great week. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter)

Sarah Brennan said...

Morning Shaz. Lovely wedding card. The Amazon boxes made me smile. Hubby is off work with a bad back at the moment so I have been trying to smuggle any deliveries past him lol. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Bridget Larsen said...

Those dies are to die for. Well sad truth is she did buy all that stuff, just not all at once
Bridget x 4

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, your desk us definitely more interesting than mine! Shame about the castle being closed, I love wandering round castles! I'll check out Craft Stash, although I think I might have blown my crafting budget at Honey Doo this month! The Amazon boxes made me laugh - I would have loved to see her hubby's face! Have a lovely week Heather x #14

Neet said...

How the heck had she stored all those boxes without hubby seeing them?
Love those sentiment dies - great idea to use them rather than stamping sentiments all the time.
Think I might look up on Amazon about that pencil sharpener - if you think it is good for your pencils (knowing how good you have become at using them for shading etc) then I reckon it is a worthwhile purchase.
I got a proper scalpel from a lady at at a workshop once and am wondering if those blades would fit it. It would be great to have the ability to carry on using it with a whole host of new blades. What do you think? Also, did they come from Amazon too?
Lovely card for the Polish couple and good to know they like doves and gold and white as I have a few Polish friends now.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Caro said...

Gorgeous card and the sentiment dies look really useful. I love castles and this one is fab...your April fools made me laugh! Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely week. With love and God Bless, Caro xxx (#10)

My name is Cindy said...

Some good stash recommendations there Shaz - I shall be checking those out, esp the pencil sharpener. Love the April Fol's photo! Think even my easygoing hubby would have flipped at that sight!! Happy WOYWW, Cindy #9

Julia Dunnit said...

MeBart would have a heart attack at that sort of delivery...I wonder where she kept them all!! That pencil sharpener looks amazing, and you’re right, for make up pencils the dial a tip will be most useful. So were you up with the lark this morning or is Bridget slacking I wonder?!!

Annie said...

Love the wedding card Shaz. I saw that pic on Facebook and sent it to my daughter cos as a business they have lots of boxes and I have a feeling she may use the idea next year ;-)
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

oh Shaz, such a fun post. I too saw FB photo and had a good chuckle ! I should do this for a get even kind of joke. Several trip we too have missed a place being closed, here things seem to be closed on Mondays, especially eating places. Beautiful makings for a wedding card. Thanks for the great tip on the pencil sharpener. I've wanted to give one to both sons family. Have a great week. Happy WOYWW.

sandra de said...

Clever April fool trick .... I wonder what DH will do in return? Must look up the pencil sharpener as I always struggle to get just the right point for detailed work. Have started to use a mechanical pencil for just that reason.
sandra de @19

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh my! that April fool joke is brilliant. Loving the wedding card which reminds me I have one.....well two actually to make myself and need to get them done sooner rather than later. Happy woyww, Angela x15x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Shaz
Well, you really are he best enabler, I’ve sent a link to my sister and am going it search too and see Sandra is too. Those dies are a bargain I’d be queuing for them too, shame re the castle maybe visi it again.
Hope and pray you’re well sending hugs your way. Happy WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x #13

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Christine said...

Wouldn't say it was a boring post - can't imagine you ever doing that.
Love the wedding card, great design.
Love the finally...
Have a good week
Christine #23

Diana Taylor said...

The wedding card is gorgeous - I love the hearts, that embossing makes them look really cushion-ey (hopefully you know what I mean!) and the gold and white colour scheme is very classy too. The castle looks lovely, what a shame it wasn't open. Love the April Fool's joke - I think my other half would keel over if he saw that lot!
Have a great week,
Hugs, Diana x #17

Plush Possum Studio said...

Lovely wedding card! Happy WOYWW
Rose #26

Stacy Sheldon said...

oh my gosh, can you just imagine? I love that shot with all boxes. and the wedding card and your new tools too :) still giggling, ~Stacy #27

Lindart said...

Hi Shaz! Nice post, lovely card! I would have loved to have gone for a tour in that castle too! You'll have to go back! I also love the boxes...have a great week, thanks for your visit, Lindart #29

StampinCarol said...

The wedding card is gorgeous! And I LOVE my T'GAAL sharpener! I bought a bunch and gave them to friends. Love the castle photo! I enjoy seeing scenery from "far away" (to me) places. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!
Carol N #25

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lol, I bet the husband had heart failure when he saw all those boxes! Rhuddlan castle is a beauty, shame it wasn't open...you did seem to have an awesome weekend though. Sorry I'm late replying, Owen is down for a few days and we went out!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Shoshi said...

Laughed out loud at your funny this week, Shaz, and even more at your comments about it!!! I think you should re-title this post as the "Not bit boring Edition" as it was all sooo interesting! That pencil sharpener looks amazing - I've never heard of an adjustable one before, and your tip about the scalpel blades was very interesting. I've got a handle and about one blade so rarely use it. Where do you get the blades from? My preferred craft knife is my Stanley knife. I'm not a good cutter because I find it hard to press hard enough and always go off with a regular craft knife, but the weight of the Stanley knife seems to help.

Thank you for your great comment and for your good wishes for my appointment next week. Whatever he decides, it will be interesting, I think. Yes, the kitties were so tiny! I've got them both on my legs beyond the laptop at the moment (I've got my legs up on the recliner) and it feels as if they weigh a total of about 2 stone!! They are really heavy and I can't believe my hubby could hold them in his hands like that! So glad you can see the photos OK this week. I'm still not sure what the problem is and they may disappear again, but I'm going to try and get the missing ones up on the previous posts as well.

You have a great week too. xx to you both.
Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #24

Twiglet said...

A lovely wedding card Shaz - you really do make some stunners. The April Fool prank is priceless. I only have to have one parcel and G's eyes roll as if I had spent a fortune! xx Jo

Annie Claxton said...

hehehe wish I'd thought of that prank - I would need to include a lot of little plastic bags from China too :o) Your new sharpener sounds good, love the idea of being able to control the degree of pointiness. HAve a lovely weekend! Annie C #12

Kelly said...

that card is gorgeous, Shaz! What a beautiful remembrance they'll have from the folks at work. Too bad on the castle snoop. I'd loved to have gone along. touring a castle is on my bucket list... sadly, I'd have to fly across the pond to do that. Thanks for the stop-by. Love seeing you. Creative Blessings! Kelly #28

Kelly said...

Oh Shaz!!! I love those stenciled background cards. I have to CASE LOL. Who was the concert? Thanks for stopping by, luv. Hugs & Creative Blessings! Kelly #30

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...