A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 6 February 2019

WOYWW #505-The REALLY Untidy Edition!

I know, that doesn't look too bad, don't worry, I'm saving the best- or worst- till last!
 I'm having a go at a technique I've seen used by a lady on Facebook, but- wisely, as it turned out- I decided to have a practice at it in a journal first. I've used this journal a lot for trial runs/practice stamping, and it's useful.
Linking at Julias place, The Stamping Ground, as always.







I'm using my good old Adirondacks- I think what everyone used before Tim and Distress!
 Anyway, the stencil I cut on my Silhouette, using OHP film. I got a great deal on a couple of 100 packs when our local Staples was closing down, and it's great for making your own stencils, either  with a digital cutter, or dies. Although I find with the dies, they cut best if you're using the Precision Baseplate for Intricate dies. Probably because dies don't actually cut through material, they crush their way through it, and that doesn't work so well with the film.
 Anyway, got my base inking down, so the second part is adding in more colour, like this, using a circle mask.Not happy with it, needs more practice. And I'll watch her video again tonight, lol. Link for that is HERE, if anyone wants to see it done properly. 😃 She also has a link there to the blog she first saw it on.


So, what else has been going on. Some Bleeding Art Tissue over the weekend, for starters.





Made up 4 or 5 sheets, using various colours. Brilliant for making random backgrounds. I got mine from Amazon, Not expensive, and you can use the pieces more than once, although they will start to get paler after about the second use.



I want them to stamp some Woodware Bird stamps on I bought back last year.
What I've done is make use of that OHP film again, and stamped the images onto that, so I can move it around on my background to find the sweet spot.
 This is one of the Quirky Birds, I've a second, and also an owl.


Speaking of Woodware stamps, got these in sales online this week. Reckon the Butterfly will work on this background too.
So, that Untidy Edition bit? Well, over the weekend was the latest Christmas Card Club Challenge,(post below), and my desk from then ties in really nicely with this weeks And Finally. Bit like an explosion in a craft factory.









Inks, stencils,stamps,paper masks- notice the moon mask stuck to my craft tidy, so I didn't lose it?



So here it is, this weeks And Finally....................................







Plenty of potential for fiasco on that desk, I reckon!

Oh, just remembered this- You probably know by now that Google + is finally being withdrawn. If you want to check out what you may need to do with your Blogger settings, I'll share THIS BLOG that one of the CCC ladies posted. She gives clear info, with pictures on any settings you may need to adjust.

24 comments:

Helen said...

your desk explosion is busy but not that bad... just been commenting on Neet's "untidy" desk... you must all think I am a right messy wotsit! Have a great week Helen #?

Sarah Brennan said...

Thanks for the link Shaz it was really helpful. I've changed my ID to blogger now. Look forward to seeing the results of your practising. Happy WOYWW Sarah #4

Mrs.D said...

Hi Shaz, untidy desk, so what, you are also producing some good crafting on some of your work space. Love using acetates for masks, haven't done it for ages now, maybe I'll have a play later today, thanks for sharing,
Chris #8

Julia Dunnit said...

well I like the gentle introduction to a last minute feast of a desk! Love the Bleeding Tissue, forgotten that and it’s a great way to showcase those stamps. This new technique you’re trying with the brushes looks hard....you’ll be surprised to read that I’m gonna wait for you to tell me exactly how to get it to work before I try it! Your desk isn’t so bad you know, at least it’s all in use rather than abandoned!

glitterandglue said...

Morning Shaz. I'm sitting here laughing out loud at your "and finally" - that is exactly how half of my desk feels today - not bothered to tidy up, and simply started something else on top of the chaos - oops!!
Must look up this bleeding tissue idea - sounds like something I did in my C&G when I used silk painting inks on tissue... off to look!
Take care lass. God bless you both.
Margaret #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, If you don't make a mess then you're not doing it right. That's my belief/excuse and I'm sticking to it Lol! Look forward to your results with the bleeding tissue, nice lively colours. Have a good week and a happy woyww, Angela x12x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lol at the And Finally....oh, there's been craftastrophes many a time in the JanCave, :-D. Thank you for the link to check out how to de-Google+ the blog, I think I'm ok but am going to nip over just to be sure. Poor old Doug, I feel for him, it's been a humdinger of a cold...I've just got to the hacking chesty bit...lovely....;-)
Hugs LLJ 14 xxx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...


Lots of colours in those bleeding tissues and it’s always fun to try a new technique. Love the word craftastrophe – I think I’ll start using it! Thanks for your visit Shaz – now that all the other comments are gone, you get the badge of being my first ever commenter ! zsuzsa #17

J said...

Hi Shaz, well you desk certainly looks busy, not a shock to me as mine very often gets like that when I'm engrossed and get carried away.

I will check out the info on Blogger, thanks for sharing.

Jan no18

Annie said...

I'm late joining in the fun today cos I've been really busy with a steady flow of customers plus been finishing off my 7 bears....it's all go here.
I think my life goes from one craftastrophe to another....love that word :-)
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Belinda said...

Shaz you are an enabler! Why'd you have to mention a coloring book I don't own? I'm going to be strong and avoid looking it up!! ha ha I really like the mask you made and what a great idea to have a journal just for testing techniques. I might have to do that. Enjoying your word of the day. Think it sums up many of my adventures in my craft room.
I'm also loving your new stamps especially the butterflies. I love butterflies. Thanks for visiting me. Oh and since I haven't been around in a couple months, Happy New year my friend!
Belinda #24

StampinCarol said...

How fun to see that I'm not the only one with an exploding desk! LOL! Love your Bleeding Tissue backgrounds. I have some of that tissue in a drawer... somewhere... Love your Woodware stamps and I agree with you about your second part of the coloring. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Carol N #21

Christine said...

First of all, THANK YOU for the link... it was a big help.

Great activity on your desk, as always, will visit the utube later.
Enjoy your week
Christine #29

Caro said...

Busy desk, but I've seen a lot worse! Love the bird with the bright background- fun idea. Thanks for sharing. Take care and have a nice week. With love and God bless, Caro x (#30)

Stacy Sheldon said...

ooh that looks like a cool thing to make your own stencils :) and I really like how the colors pop on the tissue bleed backgrounds a lot :) ~Stacy #25

Sue said...

Hi Shaz, I love your various backgrounds. The stamp looks great on those colours.


Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #15

Darlene said...

hahah lots going on there - think I may have to share your word of the day LOL
Darlene #25

My name is Cindy said...

Love the last desk photo - that's what mine looks like most days. Will check out that tutorial (weirdly I did a little make n take with that exact same stamps set at AP the other year) and what is this bleeding tissue? something else I've got to find! Keep the ideas coming, I have less time to trawl these days. Thanks for the visit, Happy Wednesday Cindy #20

Lindart said...

The tissue paper pages are awesome, I love how the bird stamped on it, I can definitely see the butterfly and even the Happy Birthday stamped on it and cut out, gorgeous! very interesting technique with the Distress Inks, I can see it would take a bit of practice! I love those Lavinia stamps - must get some! Thanks for your visit to mine, have a wonderful week, Lindart #27

Marit said...

I LOVE the bleeding tissue pieces! I may want to fool around with backgrounds too this upcoming weekend 'cause my mojo seems to have flewn out of the window... making colorful backgrounds could be just the way to get her back. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day, happy ~ belated ~ woyww. Hug from Holland, Marit #16

Shoshi said...

Hi Shaz, lovely busy desk and lots of colour and interest! Thank you for the link re Google. My blog wasn't linked to Google+ and I didn't use it although I did have an account. I have a major problem now that a) using Open Live Writer for my blog posts, I can't upload any posts with photos or they won't publish - found a workaround online which works, but very time consuming, and b) ALL my other photos on my blog have disappeared!!! I know how to restore them but I've had my blog for 8 years and the amount of time it's going to take to restore them all is quite unimaginable... I am spitting tacks at %*&(!" Google. I'm fed up with being messed around by them. They don't care about us - faceless corporation grrr grrr grrrrrrrr. Rant NOT over!!! Poor Zuszsa's lost all her comments so she's not best pleased either. Thank you for your visit - like yours, our loo is tiny with no room for a hand-basin so I think the basin on top of the cistern will work very well. I'd love to compare notes when you get yours done! Glad you like my scarf.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #33

Neet said...

What a great enabler you are Shaz. Will have to check out that link for Google.
Love the idea you started off with - another link to follow.
I was never that overjoyed with my bleeding tissue technique but i love yours with the stamp on - might just have to revisit that one now.
Thanks for all the help you give us week in week out.
Hugs, Neet xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Thanks for sharing this post Shaz, love the technique, popped over and looked too, I love the first colours that Gerry used myself! And circle think lent it better design wise in my inexpert opinion, ... and also in I think your desk doesn’t count as very dirty or messy when you can still see some of your desk!
Now that’s what mine is!
I’m supposedly doing some sorting again too.
Happy belated WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

Twiglet said...

Late getting round again. I blame my cough - been feeling horrid but it will get better soon I hope. Yes I thought about the possible craftastrophe I might have had in my kitchen - ivory tiled floor (big mistake anyway!) carried some hot dye liquid to sink - bright green and thought what a mess it would be if I spilt it - thank goodness I didn't. xx Jo

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...