A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 5 September 2018

WOYWW #483

Well here we are, Crop week at last! Mind you, I think this whole year has passed by almost in a blur! Have to get the suitcase packed, as we're staying in Llandudno Friday & Saturday night, coming home Sunday.  Also have to put together everything I'm bringing, I've decided to go with colouring, as I spend more time chatting than crafting anyway, so I have that to sort out.
 I'll bring my dies, and also all my envelopes of card & paper offcuts, so if you forget card, there will be some available.
Then it'll be packing again, as we are off on holiday to the Netherlands next Wednesday. Driving down to Dover, ferry across to Dunkirk,then up to Tilburg for 3 days,then on to Amsterdam for another 3,back down to Bruges in Belgium for 1 day, then back to Dunkirk for the ferry back to Dover!
But, to the desk! Tickets have arrived for Happy Stampers!
 You may remember a couple of weeks ago, those TH Snowflake dies I bought? Well, on closer examination, they actually work with a couple of stamp sets, as the dies only cut out the basic shape- note to self: Read the pack next time!
 So, I had to get the stamps!






Visible Image have a summer sale, so I got the two stencils, and a Snowflake stamp set I meant to get last year.


 Bought 3 round acrylic blocks from EBay- cost me £7 for the 3, which I thought wasn't bad at all.








Yes, I know, I don't need inkpads- but I saw Eileen Godwin using these IZink inks, and was amazed at the vibrancy of the colours. But I was good, and resisted rushing off to order some. Until I came across them, whilst looking for something else, and found out they only cost £1.50. So, yes. I did. I went there.


These are the colours I bought, this pic taken straight after I'd swiped them on the card. The thing that really amazed me with Eileens video, was how vibrant the colours stayed, (even though she used water with them,) after they had dried.



This pic was 4 hours later, so totally dry. And they look exactly the same as when they were first laid down.




Finished another big batch of the Mixed Media die cards.












Now, I came across this subject on You Tube, quite by accident, but it seems really useful, so I'll add the links here. Apparently, a lot of people are switching out their cutting plate, especially if they have become very marked and bent, and using one cut down from a Self Healing Cutting mat in it's place. I think there is some change in the sandwich, but I haven't watched them all yet. However, the ones I have seen all report that not only does it work well, they are actually getting a better cut from those dies that normally cause problems. And it's way cheaper than keep buying replacement plates, which is always a good outcome.
 Anyway, here you go:        Link 1,          Link 2( Gemini)    List of all videos  





Spent Saturday evening at the Wedding Reception of some friends, Rich & Ellie. Ellie is a hairdresser, and has her own salon,and she and my eldest son were at High School & college together, so I've known her for a lot of years.  Rich is a guy who works in wood, and also forges the tools woodcarvers use,so both very 'hands on' in their work.









 If you enlarge the photos, you can see Rich's buttonhole more clearly. It's carved from wood! Just sort of shaved down to create petals.







He made the bench in this photo for the ceremony.



















The cake was made to resemble Silver Birch logs- and they had an AXE to cut the cake with!
















Ellie is a real 'Live life to the Full' person- she likes to learn new stuff, and a couple of years ago, learnt to play the Double Bass. So she joined the band for a while during the day.
















Bit of lens flare in this pic, but it's me, My DIL Becky, Granddaughter Merlin, Eldest Son Ant and Grandson Mortimer. He's off to Leicester Uni at the end of September. Told Merlin she's getting far too tall!





And finally.........................
Courtesy of FB!












So, I'll see lots of you on Saturday, and everyone else, I'll see you next week! Link up at Julia's, The Stamping Ground, and come see what we get up to. 😀



24 comments:

Helen said...

what a happy post and what a fabulous talent Rich has. I do love wood.. Enjoy the crop, and your holiday... you gad-abouts!! Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

Well that bottom sentiment isn't ever going to happen Shaz lol. Thanks for the heads up about the cutting plates, I intend to explore that more thoroughly. Looking forward to the crop and so glad you and Doug will make it this year. See you on Saturday. Sarah #4 (just about to leave for work)

Claire said...

I love seeing wedding photos :) That cake is brilliant!
Happy WOYWW!
Claire, no. 3

Neet said...

So glad we are having time together on Saturday with me not being at Port Sunny this year.
Love your cards, so effective and I just can't get over the cost of those inkpads - what a bargain!
Great wedding photos, love the brides dress and her hubby's buttonhole. Such a skilful man making it himself and so original as well.
See you soon
Hugs, Neet 8 xx

Frayed Round The Edges said...

Lots of interesting g new toys this week. Good tip about the cutting mats, I must do some research on that. Karen 15

glitterandglue said...

Morning Shaz. Wonderful "and finally" this week!! That day will struggle to arrive in this house, I'm afraid! Must look up about the cutting plates - because, yes, they are extortionately expensive. Your cards re beautiful - well done. Great fun was had at the wedding of two lovely creative people.
Seer you Saturday. Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Annie said...

What a wonderful wedding...stunning dress and that wooden carved flower is gorgeous. So excited about the weekend....can’t wait. My saying is that I have a lifetime of fabrics....I’m just going to live a very long time 😂😂😂😂
Hugs,
Annie x

Diana Taylor said...

Great post today - love the new stash, especially the large butterfly stencil - it's certainly a stunner. The info on the cutting mat is really useful as I'm just at the point of needing to replace my warped cutting plate, so a huge thank you for that info, it's much appreciated. I haven't seen the IZink inkpads before but have recently discovered the IZink texture paste which I love and I've also used their little bottles of acrylic ink for a long time now - all very vibrant and good quality I find. Thanks for the heads up on that also!
Hope you have a great time at the crop,
Hugs, Diana x #18

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I don't blame you for getting those ink pads - at that price they're a steal! I think I have a couple of that brand - they came with a magazine. I haven't tried them yet - then again I'm not a big stamper - just a collector LOL! I LOVE that wedding card - it goes with the colourful bride! I LOL-ed at the quote at he end - I don't think that day will ever come! Thanks for your visit, Shaz! Hope you have a good week and a great time at the crop and then travelling around. Sounds like you have everything all planned out! zsuzsa #21 xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you are ready for the crop, too. It will be good to see photos and a few different people this year.

Those new inks are gorgeous and even at British prices they are far less expensive than the big brand name. Your stencils are amazing, too. I guess I don't understand about the die cutter, because those plates are thick and my cutting mat is slightly thicker than a piece of cardstock.

That wedding sounds wonderful and unique. Thanks for stopping by while I slept. Happy WOYWW from # 5.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I loved all the personal touches at the wedding and especially the bride's dress AND the fact she plays double bass - awesome gal!! Congrats to Mort, so pleased he got what he wanted to get to uni. Those new stamps are really lovely, bet you'll use them loads and the oxides are so vibrant....I love 'em!
See you soon, can't wait :-D
Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

Sue said...

Hi Shaz, You'll have fun with the new stash.

Loving the bench at the wedding and the brides colourful dress.

Hope you have a lovely time in Wales.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #16

Dorlene Durham said...

Great post! I love your goodies and I really love the photos of the wedding! I love it when people do what they love instead of sticking to traditional weddings. So fun! Dorlene #31

Shoshi said...

What a great post, Shaz. I really enjoyed reading it. All your fabby supplies - I think I've now heard all the excuses for buying new stamps lol lol!!! Those inks certainly are bright, and the cards you made are all gorgeous, as always! As for the wedding, how fascinating it all looks, so unusual. I'd love to see the carved buttonhole close up. What a talented couple and I loved the cake and the axe!!! A lovely family group photo too, and nice to see Ant of the Green Beard once again! What a lovely day that must have been.

Thank you for your visit - yes, it seems to be one thing after another with my health, practically ever since we moved in 2013. As some things get better, other things come along or get worse... I think my leg is slightly less painful now but I think it will take a day or two more for the meds to kick in fully. As for the kitties, Ruby sat there looking so innocent as if she couldn't understand what all the fuss was about! The little baggage.

Have a great time at the crop - I look forward to seeing LOTS of photos of you all! Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #24

Lindart said...

Love the wedding pics - what a great dress! And I always like a man in a kilt ;-) The whole wedding sounds awesome! Did you make the card? Fits the theme so well! That new ink is gorgeous - I haven't bought any ink except Distress for years, except for black. So many awesome new toys to play with! Have fun at the crop, wish I was going too! Thanks for your visit, and have a great week! Lindart #23

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, lovely wedding photos, thanks for sharing them. Lots of goodies for you this week. I have a couple of those inks, free with crafting mags, but have not used them yet. Bargain price though, and great that they stay so vibrant! I must try them ... Thanks for visiting earlier, looking forward to meeting you too! See you on Saturday, hugs Heather x #12

Paper Wishes said...

Busy week and busy post. I admire anyone who can produce a decent pile of lovely cards! Happy post too its looking like a great week for you. I am sure it will be good. #35

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That sounds like a very busy week you have planned, you'll be shattered at the end of all that. So wish I could make the crop, I'm well jealous and sad to that I still haven't met everyone. Nice collection of new stash too and will be going back to look at those links. Nice wedding dress too. Have a happy woyww, Angela x17x

Angie said...

Wow, the travel sounds amazing. I'm not shopping no matter how badly I want something until I've used up some of what I have. I changed out my cutting plate for a self-healing magnetic mat from We Are Memory Keepers, best thing ever. I love that the dies don't move like they did on the magnetic platform. Thanks for stopping by!
Angie #28

Cardarian said...

Loved to read your post - Enjoy the crop! So sad I won't be attending this year! The wedding you went to must have been amazing - the groom looks like a real master with wood and the brides dress - ah stunning!
I love how you always give us a good report on the crafty goodies! I love vibrant colors so I think those inks will be on my list! :-)
Love and hugs
DOLORES

pearshapedcrafting said...

My Goodness Shaz - you have been busy! Bargain hunting too! Looking forward to Saturday! Yay! to the Port Sunny tickets arriving! Hugs, Chrisx

Anne said...

Hi, didn't even manage WOYWW this week :-( wanted to say have a great time on Sat at the crop, I know you will! Sad to be missing it :-( Safe travels. Anne x

Twiglet said...

Such a wonderful, very special wedding with all those fab ideas so beautifully done. Looking forward to Saturday!! Make sure little sis behaves herself on Friday night! xx Jo

Marit said...

I would LOVE to meet you at the crop but I will be there in thoughts... have a fun time!!! And what are you going to Tilburg for? I lived/studied in that city, there's nothing there... I reckon you know people overthere? Anyway, have a great time, big hug from Holland, Marit #25

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...