A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 26 September 2018

WOYWW #486

....And I'm back in WOYWW land! Had a great week away, weather was awesome, sleeveless tops everyday. I'll put some pics at the end, so you can just bypass them if you want to get around to the other desks.
This is my desk right now, after some crafting on Sunday & Monday. A handful of cards in the middle made using stencil paste & Tim Holtzs' Flourish stencil. In the post below.
 Some sentiment dies,dst, a few more stencilled pieces waiting to be finished. My craft tidy, with beads in. Didn't use any, but the tub they were in had it's lid come off in the drawer, so they were loose in the bottom. Hence the need for some re-tidying.
 Nice and sunny today, after the last few days rain.

  Other pics you may be interested in:
 
Stuff that arrived while we were away, 3 new Oxides, Mermaid Lagoon,Hickory Smoke & Shaded Lilac.






Two Paper Artsy Fresco paints, Snowflake and a Frosting Glaze.








A great stamp from Bee Crafty.








One purchase from Tims new releases- loved the look of these starry trails when I saw them in the pre-release video.











 This is what the dies actually look like, you have a circle spiral star trail, a wavy star trail, and 7 different sized and shaped individual stars.




Now here's a product that may be useful on occasion. I had a couple of dye inkpads that were not very well attached to their bases anymore. I'd tried silicone glue, and hot glue, but neither worked. Then I saw this mentioned in a forum, when a similar question was asked. This Original Gorilla Glue is activated by misting with water, so works well in any situation where damp is an issue. Couple of blobs onto the inkpad base- no need to mist with water as the pad is wet- and hey presto, job done. Available from Amazon, of course.
.............And finally................................









Leave your link to The Stamping Ground over at Julias place, and we'll all come visit you. :)






So onto some pics from The Netherlands.







  You know you're in the Netherlands when you see Windmills. What really surprised me, as we were driving along, is how much sweetcorn is grown in Belgium and Holland!  Miles and miles of it.






We had a stop off in Bruges on the way up. Amazing buildings to be seen, and this fantastic sculpture made from plastic rubbish, all from the beaches of Hawaii.
 Not entirely sure why they had to import plastic waste, lol.


Look at the detail in that brickwork!






Whilst in Amsterdam, we visited the Madame Tussauds there, as well as the Dungeon. Not so keen on that, but the Tussauds was great.


Closest I'm ever going to get to Johnny Depp!



The names Brooks, Doug Brooks!





Hannibal Lecter.



Dali, left, and Van Gogh, below. We also visited the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam, and the Dali one in Bruges on the way home.


Pretty much all the waxworks were incredibly lifelike. So much so, you found yourself half expecting one of them to be a real person, who'd suddenly move & speak. Quite disconcerting, I can tell you.











Loki was a must see, and there were a few other Marvel superheros, and the props from others.




Finally on the way home, we had an overnight stay in Bruges again. This amazing building was directly opposite out hotel.
















And of course, you can't possibly leave Belgium without taking some chocolate home.  There were amazing window displays of novelty chocolate products, I particularly like the Rubber Ducks.

25 comments:

Di said...

Hi Shaz. Super holiday photos. What you probably saw growing was maize, its processed and used mostly as cattle feed. Germany is the same,especially in Southern Germany. Surprised me too!

Di x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I really enjoyed seeing the pics of your trip on FB and here! You really were lucky with the weather seeing as how rubbish it was here :-D. I really like those swirly stars, they'd make a great Christmas card!!
And the And Finaly REALLY struck home this week.....sigh...... :-D
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Annie said...

I think your....and finally....will have registered with many of us this week Shaz. I loved following your trip on Facebook and the wax works pics are amazing if but a little spooky.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

Kathyk said...

Don't those ducks melt in the bath?!?!?!

Lovely pix of your break and desk - thanks for the heads up about the gorilla glue too

Happy WOYWW

Kathyk

Diana Taylor said...

Lovely holiday pics, Brugge is so picturesque. I love the swirly star dies - I wish TH didn't keep bringing out new stuff, I had just thought I had everything of his that I needed!! If your Gorilla glue is as good as their double sided tape then it's going to be excellent stuff - I really rate their products.
Hope you have a great week,
Hugs, Diana x #13

Shoshi said...

A lovely name-dropping post, Shaz, lol lol!! Fancy that, standing alongside so many famous people! It looks as if you've had a fabulous time in Belgium. I couldn't have resisted the Belgian choccies either. You took some awesome photos! I love all your new stash too and what fun you are going to have, playing with that little lot! Thank you for your visit - I'm also glad to have the scan appointment at last but convinced it's going to confirm I've got my hernia back. I hope the surgeon decides to leave well alone as I don't think I can face another operation after everything I've been through!!! Glad you enjoyed my relaxed carrot. I love wonky veg.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #9 (goodness did I really beat you to it today? Lol!)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, I will pop back later for a good luck at your picks. Pleased you had a good time. Wish I'd not seen the Tim die though, quite like that. The Gorilla glue is amazing. I got some ages ago when we had tried to get a towel holder to stay on the tiles in the kitchen but it kept falling off then used this stuff and three years later it's still there. Now you can also buy all kinds of Gorilla stuff including tape which is just as good. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great woywww. Big hugs, Angela x16x

Helen said...

Love the photos from Holland and Belgium. the "rubber" ducks look fabulous. I think I might find myself ordering that Timmy die too... I thought it was good on the video.... lol Helen #7

Lindart said...

What an awesome trip! The wax museum looks like so much fun (especially Johhny Depp!). I remember going to the wax museum in Niagara Falls as a teen, and they had a guard who was so still, I thought he was wax - until he moved! Jumped right out of my skin! That TH die set looks awesome, I wonder if Michaels has it. . .and the raven. . .so jealous! LOL! it's getting cooler here, and lots of rain (and I just heard some thunder as well). . . last week 6 tornadoes went through just north of us, pretty much unheard of in this area (yikes!). Happy fall, have a great week, Lindart #21

Caro said...

Lovely holiday snaps! What gorgeous goodies - especially that new die set. Have fun playing and I look forward to seeing creations made with them. Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely day. God Bless. Caro x (#23)

Sue said...

Hi Shaz, Thanks for sharing your lovely break away in the Netherlands.

I see windmills......living in Norfolk:)

Enjoy your new stash.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #11

Julia Dunnit said...

Bruges seems quite lovely, I shall be talking to Mr Dunnit about it very promptly! Great tip with the gorilla glue, disappointed to say that my new InkiZ pad are loosa after just one use. Hmm. Love the sight of the sunshine on your desk, and actually the sight of your desk doing what it should, looking as if you use it! Like the dark ATG case too....pink was just not going to work in your lair!

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Shaz, glad you got back safely, did any of the chocolate make it all the way home lol? I went for one of the Bee Crafty stamp sets too, but I couldn't resist the 3 skulls and the sentiment 'Patience: what you have when others are watching.' Some great photos of your holiday. Thanks for visiting. Sarah #2

Twiglet said...

Fab post Shaz - looks like you had a wonderful time - so much to see and do and glad the weather was kind to you. Beautiful day here today so we managed our game of cricket - he's a brilliant little bowler and bowled me out easily! xx Jo

Christine said...

I love those stars.
thanks for sharing your Netherlands break, loved looking at them all and am so pleased that the weather held good for you.
Enjoy your week
Christine #22

pearshapedcrafting said...

Bruges is on our list so thanks for these photos(wish I could access FB but I won't be joining!) The TH die looks great but I enjoyed your photos more! We had super weather too - didn't wear a cardi or coat the whole time but needed both when we got back to Manchester! Hugs, Chrisxx24

StampinCarol said...

Great pictures! Glad you had good weather! I'll have to remember the Gorilla Glue as I have a pad that's come loose from the base. Anyway, your desk looks nice and busy! Thanks for popping by and have a great week!
Carol N #18

Stacy Sheldon said...

Oh WOW Shaz, that looks like a trip of a lifetime ( well you know I live in the sticks on the far side of the states right? haha) Sometimes when think daring vacations I think UK or Ireland or Australia just because, they speak English there... and I think that swirly star die looks so cool, it will be fun to see what you do with it.
~Stacy #20

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your holiday photo's are fab Shaz, I always think the same with waxwork figures whether they resemble the person or not hee hee..Glad you had a good time.
Love the look of that TH new Die & great choice with those Oxide inks. The Gorilla glue reminds me of the brown glue we used at school many many moons ago.
Happy WOYWW Tracey #4

Claire said...

Wonderful photos!! Thanks for the visit :)
Happy belated WOYWW :)
Claire no.3

Marit said...

I love the stars!!! I burned a hole in my fave shirt the other day (yep, I'm still a smoker... trying to quit!) and bought a little fabric start yesterday and sewed it on the hole, my fave shirt is even more fave now! I love the photo's from your trip and had to smile when you state that the statues look like 'they are going to move'... they actually did that a while ago, they made a wax statue of a famous Dutch person and that was 'presented' on a certain day... instead of the statue, the real person stood there and when visitors came to see the new statue, it (he) suddenly moved! The filmed it and it was fun to see the reaction of the visitors, it scared the hack out of them! I'm late 'doing the round' as it's always weekend already... enjoy! Marit #8

Neet said...

Oh dear, I can see those falling stars falling ... into my shopping basket some time soon.
Love your windmill, I do like windmills. Thanks for the amazing facts Shaz, never knew that about crops.
Great sculpture but like you - why import from Hawaii? In Corralejo they have some big metal shapes that have rusted really nicely and people put rubbish in them, bottles, sweet wrappers etc etc and they end up as a colourful structure. Presume they empty them when they get to the top. Nice to encourage folks like that though
So glad you enjoyed the Netherlands and its people.
Hugs a very late Neet at 27 (only home this morning at 3 am)

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. Love the star trail dies - they are great. What a wonderful time you had away - Bruges is indeed a beautiful city - we thoroughly enjoyed the day we had there many years ago!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Christi Conley said...

I've been lurking on your page for quite some time & I felt it was time to say hello!! I absolutely adore your card designs, pictures and tips! I even read your entire rectal cancer story & I'm hoping things are much better with you - You are amazingly brave & honest, and I totally appreciate that! Hugs, Christi

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are a superb set of cards Shaz, I really love the large letter dies so that will be another one added to the shopping list, lol. It's good to have the Anything Goes option this year too.
Lorraine

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...