A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 12 September 2018

WOYWW #484- The After Crop Edition.

Yes, it's the after crop edition, and a fabulous time was had by all.  From a lovely lunch supplied by Margaret- glitter&glue- to an extra special WOYWWer joining us- ShazinOz!
 I'm sure many of you have seen all the fab pictures posted by LLJ, who blogged it after the event, and I'll add a few at the end of the post. It's a bit photo heavy, so apologies ladies.


Some of us made ATC's, and others had something different to share. 😀
 These were the ATC's I made.


Instead of colouring individual cards, I cut down some Brusho backgrounds to ATC size.




 Larger image here, so you can see the stamps used.
  The stamps I chose reflect the feeling of WOYWW, I think.
 





 Across the Miles is from a Christmas sentiment stamp, and that's in honour of all the WOYWWers around the world.

 Let us be Grateful.... comes from a set by Chocolate Baroque, called Words of Gratitude. The word Friends came from a stamp block I bought many years ago at a craft fair. The WOYWW used up some more peel offs, and I finally added a couple of acrylic gems to the butterflys antenna.



ATC's & tags from the croppers.Clockwise from the left, ShazinOz, Sarah Brennan, Neet, Jo ,Chris (Mrs D),Christine (Bishopsmate),Margaret, and Heather M in the centre.



LLJ had spectacle cases as her swap, and Annie (Wipso) made a gorgeous tiny bear with his own little poem.




The case is now keeping my glasses clean on my workdesk, and the little bear had a fridge magnet on his back, so as my PC unit has a magnetic backboard, that's where he lives now.




There was a raffle, where we get to choose our prizes, and my choices were a Memory bear made by Annie- with a WOYWW tag!- and a little bound notebook, which I have just realised I forgot to photograph.


Annie said if she'd known I was going to get him, she'd have made him black, lol. But green is probably my second favourite colour,😀, and he's just gorgeous. So thank you for making him Annie. 😉
 I have to find him somewhere to sit where he can see the goings on, but not get inky!








ShazinOz gave everyone a little bag of goodies she made up. And no, I haven't eaten the chocolate yet!





I took colouring to do, as the amount of time spent crafting can usually be counted in minutes, rather than hours. Well- consuming all that coffee and cake, and all that chatting doesn't do itself you know! So it was something I could stop & start easily. And I needed some practice. Okay, a lot of practice. I took my Prismacolour pencils, as I hadn't actually tried them yet, I also took a selection of Promarkers, but to be honest, I loved the pencils so much, the markers never saw daylight.
 I was amazed how easily a blended look can be achieved with them, I've never, ever got results like this with markers. But that may improve with more practice.But I really loved the results here, and I can see me doing a lot more colouring in future.



This has nothing to do with the crop- I saw these in Poundland last week, a BIG bag of sequins, in a copper and a bronze colour, and will be great for shaker cards, amongst other uses.



Last week I showed those Wedding photos, and mentioned that Rich had carved the bench they sat on. It was hard to see much of it in that pic, but here it is.







And so, on to the roundup of crop photos:



Everyone looking very industrious- don't worry, it didn't last.😁


Annie,Jo & Shaz,Elizabeth & Hubby, LLJ, Mrs D,Sarah and Christine.

 We had a lovely weekend with Annie & Jo & the Hubbies, as we all stayed in the same Travelodge.




LLJ and the spectacle cases, and Sarah.





                                   Sarah again.






 Shaz & Shaz!
 Front row from left: Heather M, Neet and Chris (Pearshapedcrafting), and the two Shaz's again.




Team DougnShaz (Thanks for that Elizabeth!) and Shaz



The traditional group photo.

And the menfolk, without whom most of us would not have got there.There were another two, but they'd sloped off to a footie match, lol.

I'm sure you'll get lots more photos from the others, we all had a fabulous day.  Join in the blog hop by leaving your link at Julia's place, The Stamping Ground,and keep your eyes peeled for announcements for next year- maybe you'll be able to join us, meeting up with all these crafting friends is just the best. AND we raised almost £170 for the two charities being supported too!




And finally...........................








I forgot to say, we're off to the Netherlands this afternoon, so I'll visit as many as I can before we go, and I'll catch up with everyone else as and when Internet access allows!








26 comments:

Helen said...

I love seeing all the 'after crop' photos of friends having such a good time. some wonderful gifts, atcs and swaps; and what a gorgeous WOYWW memory bear! Helen #?

Claire said...

What wonderful photos! And so lovely to put some faces to names... Thank you for the Crop round up :)
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire, no. 2

Sarah Brennan said...

Morning Shaz, last one to comment on before I go to work. Love your photos of the crop. Such a fabulous day and it was great to see you and Doug again. Have a good week. Sarah #5

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I SO enjoyed all those photos of the crop. It's always great to see the crop from a new perspective. I LOVE the photo of the men. For once they weren't stiff and serious looking. Thanks for sharing the ATCs, the gifts, and the crop photos. Happy WOYWW from #3.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh the bear is a great gift, how lovely! Love the glasses case too, how clever of Jan, that fabric is lovely isn’t it. Just caught up with your post of last week...wonderful wedding pics...that bench is a beauty, what a fab day. I own those same IZ inks too, so am going to try and see what Eileen has been up to...thanks for mentioning them, i’d Sort of forgotten!!!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

The day looked fabulous Shaz, i'm so envious of your meet up. So many smiles and wonderful talents being shared. What a treat to have won the memory bear.
Thank you for sharing & Happy WOYWW Tracey #4
P.S That bench is magnificent..

Twiglet said...

A really lovely post Shaz - such a brilliant reminder of a great "get-together". Here's hoping we see you soon! xx Jo

Neet said...

The best day for a long time - such love and happiness in a big bundle! And little Shaz coming make it rather special as well. A day is just not long enough - if we had a weekend I might just get some crafting done and I realise now I never looked at your dies and could have done so much. I spend too much time with my butterfly mind flitting about.
Your colouring was astounding - I can still see it in my minds eye.
Enjoy the Netherlands, I find it hard not to say Holland but must get into the swing. I just love Amsterdam and the tram system is wonderful - be sure to get one of the tickets for unlimited travel. Cafe Karpershoek (sort of opposite Central Station which means across several roads) does a fantastic lager and is one of my favourite places to go for a drink. Got the oldest licence in Amsterdam and has sand on the floor. Love it, especially inside.
Must shut up or I will write pages about Amsterdam and its people who are so nice. I would live there in the wink of an eye.
Hugs, Neet 8 xx
ps sorry for rambling on x

Annie said...

It was so special spending the time with you both at the weekend. We really are blessed to be part of such a lovely group. Thank you again for all the wonderful fabrics....they may need a bit of stroking before I take my scissors to any of it.
Big hugs,
Annie x #14

Marit said...

Oh, all those photos I get to look at on all the blogs... I so wish I could have been there too! Maybe one day.... oh, and did I say that the carved bench is just marvelous! Have fun in Holland... today the weather is dreary but the predict nice weather in the upcoming days, yay for us! happy woyww and a big hug from Holland, Marit #18

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thanks so much for your google advice, Shaz. The problem is in the Linky Link and not my blog. Inlinkz, a link up group that is used by lots of challenge blogs, is not affected, just Mr. Linky. I tried to find something on Mr. Linky, but got nowhere.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Safe travelling and have a marvellous time! How lovely that you got to spend extra time with the Shrewsbury mob...I hear plots have been hatched for next year :-). Your colouring was amazing, the shiny hair was really good...you definitely have the knack! Great to see your pics, always fun to see the day from another point of view!
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, it was wonderful to meet you at the Crop. Your colouring is great - I see what you mean about the pencils blending so well. I too think there aren't enough pale colours in Promarkers, although I by no means have the full collection. I'll take a look at the Flexmarkers. Thanks for the tip! The triple stamped cards idea was from you - but last time I didn't colour the stamps in. The snowman stamp I have sadly lost - I had it last year, and this year it must have melted. I just had a couple of sheets of stamped images left. Oh well, I must take more care in future! Have a great time in the Netherlands. I've only been once, and that was to Amsterdam - thoroughly enjoyed it though! Have a lovely holiday, and a lovely week, Hugs, Heather xx #11

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Absolutely stupendous to meet ypu and Doug IRL dear Shaz. Margaret bagged up your bag of goodies and I've posted them to myself by sea mail.. 😀 as my suitcase has still some km to go. Will be a lovely surprise all over again when it finally arrives.
Thanks so much for a wonderfully special day.
Prayer hugs
Shaz in Oz x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

WOW so many fun photos. I love it that you all do this gathering. Your ATC's are really unique and I like the idea of a master background. Have fun on your trip, Safe travels.

Diana Taylor said...

I've really enjoyed seeing all the photos of the crop, and it's been great putting faces to names in a lot of cases. So glad it went well and how lucky for you to get Jan's beautiful specs case - I am totally in love with that fabric! The bears are gorgeous, I especially love that speckledy fabric of the green one - so lovely.
Hope you have a great time in the Netherlands,
Diana xx #17

Caro said...

I am so enjoying all the photos of the crop - it really does look as though a good time was had by all. The memory bear is adorable. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week. Caro x (#19)

Christine said...

Wonderful to meet up again with you both on Saturday, hope you have a wonderful time in the Netherlands and it stays dry for you.
Take care and enjoy
Christine #25

Sue said...

Hi Shaz, Thanks for sharing the crop photos. Glad you all had such a lovely time.

I love the memory bear and the items you received.

Have a lovely time in the Netherlands.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #12

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, thanks for sharing all those great photos with us. Lucky you for winning that gorgeous bear, it's lovely. I absolutely love your ATCs, have a nice trip too. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x13x

Paper Wishes said...

Great photos of the crop and all the names too. Looks like it was as good as anticipated. Hope you have a great trip. #27

Lindart said...

Looks like great fun had by all! I noticed on another blog of all of you taking a pic of the guys, that your hair is awesome!!! Long and colourful, that doesn't show in the photos of you face on! Love it! I am trying to label the pic of everyone, I think I have them all except the person between Christine and Shaz in the blue, and the person behind her to the left. If you could help, that would be awesome! Have a great week! Lindart #23

Kyla said...

Fantastic update and enjoy the gig.
Kyla

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. I am REALLY late getting around this week - been so busy hosting Shaz in Oz - but she is now safely tucked up with a friend in America, so I can begin to think...
So glad you had a thoroughly enjoyable day in LA! Great fun was had by all, I think. You got some super pics - well done.
Take care girl. God bless.
Margaret #20

Aimeslee Winans said...

Well, I'm so jelly I could spit. Wished I could go to a crop like that. Plus, The Netherlands! My ancestors and Honey's too! One Day! Saw on Facecrack your marvelous commentary of the trip and am glad y'all had fun. This crop looked fun as well. Bet you are tired enough to sleep a week! Take care and do just that if you need to! Hugs, xoxoxo PS caught up reading your posts since Aug.2 , ashamed to say. I get behind so easily, please forgive me.

Jan said...

Happy WOYWW xx Jan (14)

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...