A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Monday 28 November 2016

Christmas Card Club- Mixed Media Trees

So, my second time of taking part, and I'm already late! I totally lost track of the days, and between hospital appointments and our weekend WOYWW crop meeting, only realised today I should have a card ready! This fortnights choice of brief was from Mary, Mixed Media trees.
Cue panic at this end!
 In the end, I used some mixed media, and some trees, and hopefully thats ok.



I started off using one of my offcuts I sorted recently, and taped it down using masking tape to give me a border. The Stencil is a Tim Holtz one, called Latticework.






Using some Cosmic Shimmer Glitter paste, in Warm Gold,  I just partially added it to the top right of the cardstock. Removed the stencil and put the card to one side to dry.
 Went off for hospital appointment! 😀







 By the time we got back it had dried, and I trimmed it square, then matted it onto some dark green cardstock. I cut two of Tims Woodland Trees Thinlits dies from the same cardstock.








Added the panel to a 6" square card base with DST.



Stuck the trees down with a glue stick, and put some weight on top to make sure they stuck. Went off for a coffee.😉


Next it needed a sentiment, so I chose one from a Phill Martin set, Scribbled Christmas Petite Sentiments, and Memento ink in Olive Grove to more or less match the trees and matt layer.
 So thats my card for this challenge, I shall try to be more on time with the next one. 😇





10 comments:

SumBunneh said...

Love the simplicity of it.. almost like a mountain blocking out the glittery sky with trees growing on it :)

MaryH said...

This is a perfect Mixed Media, and just stunning! Love the shimmering golden corner, and that's a very pretty stencil design too. Love those trees....(I bought that die after seeing a friend use it to cut shimmerz sheet...which are a sort of metallic mylar composition, and wafer dies do not like it). You did a wonderful mixed media Christmas card...very beautiful, and worth the wait too! Hugs & TFS

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Shaz worth the wait for this fabulous card, brilliantly designed with the lattice die, love your colours, especially the gold paste, love it all.
I hope your appointment went well, Kate x

dutchess said...

Oooh...tree envy,love those trees...see a purchase coming on!.great gold paste...using the lattice on the corner ...great design Shaz.....hope all went well at the hospital xxxx

Rita said...

Hi Shaz. What a stunning card. Love the simplicity of it. It's very classy and elegant. Hugs Rita xxx

misteejay said...

Beautiful card Shaz.
Toni xx

Zoe Tant said...

Love your card Shaz. I like how you used the mask to add the gold and like Margaret I've a bit of tree envy too! Let me know when you cave on the Lovely as a tree set and I can sort it for you. Wink wink! Good to have you in the CCC zoe x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

What a great post. So many fun things going on. I am running late, but wanted to say thanks for the visit last week, I appreciated very much all the kind remarks my WOYWW group left for me. I am on the wrong post but enjoyed both this post and the Woyww, crop photos. Enjoy

Mrs A. said...

Oh my I'm so sorry I nearly missed this post altogether. So glad I checked back to make sure. I love your Christmas trees. The shimmer on your card is fab. hugs Mrs A.

Carol said...

A super mixed media card Shaz, love the design. Carol x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...