A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Tuesday 27 October 2020

Christmas Card Club Challenge #22- Snowman/Snowmen


Hello ladies, I'm finally here with Margarets choice for this challenge, Snowman/Snowmen. I wanted to keep these simple, just the snowman and a sentiment. I had to be quite firm with myself, as I have a tendency to start adding scenery behind, lol. The first snowman is from a company called Two Jays.All I did was add a little colour to his scarf and carrot nose, as well as the holly on his hat.

 I also added a little patch of blue to ground him.




 The sentiment is from Phill Martin, a set called Stately Christmas Sentiments.

The second set of four is using a really, really old stamp called Scribble Snowman,from a company called Funstamps. I've had him more years than I can recall, and he used to be a wood mount, and I do think he's fab. Again, just added a small amount of colour to his hat & scarf, and some grounding. For the fur on his hat I used some Inkylicious Puffy Stuff. It's a thick liquid in a bottle with a nozzle, and when heated it puffs up. 

You do have to be careful not to overheat it, and with my first one I did just that, and scorched the puffy stuff, and the cardstock! But it was a simple fix to cut him out then stick onto a fresh piece of cardstock. And that's why I'm not confident enough to work directly on my card base, lol.

 












5 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are fabulous snowmen cards Shaz, well worth waiting for :) I love the chubby snowman with the twiggy arms :o)
Lorraine

dutchess said...

Great cards Shaz,such great snowmen...glad you feel a bit better and able to do a bit of crafting ...take care xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Shaz your cards are fabulous, love your sweet snowmen and the cas design, the little pops of colour are great.
Hope you are feeling better now, Kate xx

Mrs A. said...

Glad to see you back posting again. These bugs lurking around are becoming a right nuisance. Not even safe in your own home. Your snowmen are all lovely. I think I have the two jays stamp which I bought before lock down. Love your old wooden stamp. He is a cutie with his nice warm woollen scarf. The only time I used that puffy stuff I burnt the page too. Quite put me off trying again. Hugs Mrs A.

Rita said...

Fabulous Snowmen Shaz. Love them. Stay Safe. Hugs Rita xx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...