A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 16 September 2020

WOYWW #589- The Inking & Stamping Edition.

Well here we are again, another Wednesday has arrived. Another weekly link up over at Julias place, The Stamping Ground, to bare our desks to the world.


Two shots of my desk this week, this one a long shot, as I can't actually get far enough back- the desk behind the desk is in the way- to get a close shot.





This is a bit more of a close up on what I'm working on. I wanted to do some masculine/teen cards, and I'm getting there. The partial stencil on the card is another Eileen Godwin technique- if you've not seen her stuff, look her up on Facebook or she now has a You Tube channel of videos. She does amazing work, she really does.

The card with the drum kit at the back had to be coloured as it was a simple line stamp, a magazine freebie. I couldn't find the one I wanted- found it now, lol. You can see the VI stamp on the left of a drummer & drum kit.



These were the partially stencilled cards, using Oxide inks. I'll list all the stencils & colours when I do a blog post for them.










I think I've been very restrained during this lockdown, my crafting purchases have been few and far between. So, before I forget, here are my two most recent purchases. The Lines stamp set is by HoneyDoo, and a Christmas Bauble from Sweet Poppy. I think there are going to be a huge number of people getting Christmas Cards with this bauble on- anyone on Facebook will have seen a lot of fabulous cards made, and Lucy at Sweet Poppy has been really struggling to meet the demand for it. I think it's back on pre-order again, for the end of the month.



MIA  last week, you may recall I mentioned the kidney stent looked to be blocked on my last CT scan, and that most probably ties in with the UTI. The Urology team said they'd get me in in the next few weeks to change it early, as it's not actually due it's 12 month change till December. Anyway, the Friday after the last WOYWW I did, I had a phone call to say they'd had a cancellation in the theatre list for last Tuesday, and could I take up a short notice appointment. No problem for me, so of course took it. I did have to go and have a Covid test first, and that came back negative, so clearly what we are doing to shield ourselves is working. Anyhow, stent changed, so hopefully that'll put a stop to any uti's.

Which just leaves .........And Finally............( apologies to anyone who doesn't get it, it's a song by AC/DC, a band I desperately want to see live).

20 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Shaz and good news re the op- let's hope it sorts the issue. I agree, your purchases have been very restrained - I do like those line stamps. Fab set of cards on your desk. Happy WOYWW Helen #?

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I've missed your and finalies (finaly's) can't spell not sure it's even a word hee hee... but it raised a smile my way hee hee! Great background stencils, awesome way of getting a card done quick with BIG impact. I too have been very good during lockdown with the purchasing but fell off the wagon recently. Those line stamps will be so useful. Hope the op helps now Shaz, you rest and take care, i'm sure Doug is making sure you do just that.
Happy WoywW Hugs, stay safe Tracey #6 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Am glad about the early stent, hope that stops any discomfort. I wonder if you’ll get a letter in December about having it’s routine change?!! I have to put Sweet Poppy on my list of things to check out, although I’m not a natural stencil user, so I might be able to resist having to join a waiting list for once!! Love love the stencilled backgrounds you’re coming up with, its a grand technique that is. I think you should show the Bisibke Image team what you’ve been using their stamps for, they are such great cards.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love those partial stencilled backgrounds. Beautiful!
Looks like you have made a good set of cards too...
Happy woyww! Susan #8

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. I, too, was MIA last week - but not for your awesome reason! So glad the stent was fitted so very quickly - trust you will now have no more lingering UTIs!! Love the cards with those great backgrounds - which reminds me I must pull myself together and make a couple of birthday cards - one for a guy, so must hunt the stamp draw...
As for your "and finally"... brilliant. Where do you find them all?!
Take care of yourselves - and well done on the shielding methods. Obviously working.
God bless.
Margaret #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Blimey, AC/DC really nailed that lyric.....so very true about so many things in these crazy days. You will get to see them one day. Love what you've been working on, the distress oxide stencil backgrounds are just fab, the Sun ray one especially caught my eye. Yay to having the stent changed early, hope you're ok and that knocks the UTIs on the head!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Annie said...

I'm so glad they have changed your stent...I really hope it sorts out the UTI problems for you.
Love the and finally this week....it's so true.
Hugs
Annie x #9

Twiglet said...

I love the stencil backgrounds - lovely colour combos and the male cards will be really useful too. So glad they got you in quickly for your stent op - let's hope you don't get any more problems with it and get to feel much better. xx Jo

Neet said...

You two shielding like we two is paying off dividends. Even though we are away it is just swapping one abode for another - change of walls and scenery outside. We haven't been anywhere and don't particularly intend to. Just feels good to be out of the number one spot for covid for a few days although it makes little or no difference really.
Love Eileen's classes, she is a very talented lady and I particularly love the techniques you have been using - it is one of my favourites of hers. Really should knuckle down and do some myself.
Yes, that bauble has certainly proved popular but then it is so beautiful what can you expect when Eileen does such a good job with it. Looking forward to seeing your makes - I know they will be special.
hugs, Neet 12 xx

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, so pleased you got your op done quickly, and as you say hopefully that's an end to the UTIs. I'm waiting for a call to go in for a CT scan. I like all your cards - I think I have the same free stamp set with that drum kit - used it once! I'll check out the YouTube videos - I like the look of the partially stencilled technique. Thanks for stopping by, and the advice on my slate issues - I have a few suggestions to try, I'm sure one of them will work. Have a lovely week, Heather xx #11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, that's great that you managed to get the hospital appointment and fingers crossed that it worked. You're doing better than me crafting wise as I just seem to have lost my spark (in modern terms Mojo's gone walkabout!) at the moment and just can't get my head round anything so I've bought some new stamps and stencils in the hope that will entice me to do something soon. Sending woyww hugs, Angela x16x

Debbie Rock said...

And here was me thinking your UTI problems were sorted only to see you have been through the wringer again. Hope this really now sees you back on your feet. It is just dawning on me that I might not be using the new blogger thingy after all - it is certainly different to previously but now seems a bit too familiar for it to be the new one. Time will tell I guess but if I suddenly disappear again you know why. Much love to you & Doug. Xxx

StampinCarol said...

Glad you got your stent changed so quickly! And you're healthy!
Your cards are fabulous! Love the stenciling!
I think many of us are kinda restrained in buying goodies! I just haven't found much I wanted so that helps.
Great quote!
Have a wonderful week!
Carol N #22

Catriona said...

Busy desk with lots to look at. Glad the stent changing went well and you are recovered? X

Magic Maggie said...

FABULOUS - I am so chuffed you got the bow/bauble stencil, I got mine a couple of weeks ago after looking at Eileen Godwin's blog - I tried nearly all my stamps with it and found a VI one with the words 'Smile, Sparkle, Shine' works nicely - as do nearly all the Card-io ones! I'm also chuffed you have the VI drum kit, so do I! - I think this is why I like you, we seem to have the same bits of kit - pardon the pun - (my stamp press is on the desk too at the moment, I'm trying, and failing, to make a card for my next door neighbour. She is from New Zealand and, over there, she was born in spring. But here her birthday is autumn!) I'm using Inkylicious Windswept stamp. I still have 2 days to go, so it will probably change many times before then.
Glad you are a bit improved.
Love
Maggie (Bendy Yorkite)
PS regarding your comment a little while ago about white pens, can you suggest a reliable one please (I imagine you have put them to the test!)

Karen said...

really great backgrounds ~ Love the colors and designs. laughed at your funny too!

Crafting With Jack said...

Love that stamps set, I am sure that will be very useful. Very glad your stent has been sorted Angela #27

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry I missed you last week Shaz due to the Linky shenanigans. So glad your op went well and hope it sorts out the UTIs. Fab selection of cards. The partial stencilling technique of Eileen's with the silhouette stamps looks fab. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Dorlene Durham said...

Love the teen/masculine cards. Great looking partial stencils. I like that technique, I’ll have to try it. Also, love the AC/DC reference...hilarious! Have a great week. Dorlene #24

Shoshi said...

Lol at the funny, Shaz - brilliant!! Sorry to hear you've had to have your stent replaced but hopefully it will sort you out now. I adore your partial stencils - just gorgeous, really subtle. Oxides are great, aren't they. It looks as if you are being really busy and productive.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #15

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...