A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 27 September 2020

Christmas Card Club Challenge #20- Gifts, Ribbons & Bows.

 Well another fortnight has flown past, and we are again showing our cards for another Christmas Card Club.

As well as the fortnightly theme, we also have the option of Anything Goes, and this challenge is Zoe's choice, she wanted to see Gifts, Ribbons & Bows on our cards. 

 I had a search, and couldn't find anything in my stash for gifts, although the new stencil I chose to use does feature a nice big bow, so mine are a bit of the challenge, and a bit of Anything Goes.

The Stencil is from Sweet Poppy, and many of you have probably seen a lot of cards made using it on Facebook. It's been so popular, Lucy has really struggled to keep up with demand.


The baubles are done by inking through the stencil, then adding some stamping to the centre. As you see, I did 3, but only have 2 finished cards. The one on the left wasn't going well, the image is actually set within an oblong frame, and I remembered not to ink the frame at the bottom, and completely forgot not to ink the top! Didn't like how that looked, so tried to fix it by inking the remaining part of the bauble with the same ink. That didn't go too well, it was drying out blotchy, so I thought I'd die cut a circle from double sided adhesive sheet, and sprinkle with Glamour Dust, which should even out the background a bit. I should have just tossed it in the beginning! Cut the sheet and stuck it down, grabbed my Glamourdust and sprinkled it- and it wasn't the Crystal Glamourdust that I'd intended to use, but a gold one that completely hid the design. So thats the point when I accepted every attempt to fix it just made it worse, and tossed it. But I will do some more, using that stamp, as it will look good, if I do it properly, lol.


So these are the two I ended up with. On the red bow I added a little Translucent stencil paste, and some crystal glitter. The stamped image is from Inkylicious.

The blue one is stamped with an image from a Card-io set, called Winter Fun. The set contains a few other images, and two sizes of this one, a larger and a small. This is the larger one. I matted them onto some pale blue card, added some silvery snowflake paper from my stash to the card base, then added a peel off greeting. 

12 comments:

dutchess said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Shaz...love that bow xxxx

Rita said...

What beautiful cards Shaz. Love the idea but nor sure I could get the stamping right. Hugs Rita xx

gwen70 said...

Two stunning cards, love them both xx

Gibmiss said...

These are stunning Shaz ...I have just received my Stencil.... there are some fabulous cards ...I have seen by other people Eileen included ....
Hugs Sylvie Xx

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous Shaz, loving the designs you have created.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

What gorgeous cards Shaz, beautiful images and designs, especially love the Card-io image, lovely colours too, Kate x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These cards are just gorgeous Shaz. You have used the stencil beautifully and created such pretty individual designs.
Lorraine

rachel said...

These are stunning Shaz - I love your scenes inside your baubles - beautiful! Hugs Rachel x

Christine Harrop said...

Stunning cards Shaz using a really beautiful stencil. The stamped scenes are great. Hugs Christine xx

Lynne Bishop said...

Fabulous cards. I have bought this stencil so it was lovely to see your take on how to use it. My first attempt did not go too well but know what I did wrong. Thank-you for sharing. x

Mrs A. said...

Two super cards. Not sure why you didn't like the the third one on the left as it looks good to me. Hugs Mrs a.

Zoe Tant said...

Stunning ornaments Shaz. Love how you used them to cover the theme. Really beautiful cards. Zoe x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...