A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 5 January 2020

Christmas Card Club 2020- #1 Angels or Fairies

 Back in with making Christmas Cards for the Christmas Card Club Challenge, and I've used both themes for my cards, and made a total of 10 cards.


The ones on the left are 4 6" square cards, and 4 'notecard' size, which I make by cutting a sheet of A4 cardstock in half on the length, then folding to give me topfold cards, or landscape sidefold.

The Fairy and large tree are by Lavinia stamps, the treeline and small deer by Cardio/Majestix.
 As a finishing touch I added an acrylic star to the top of the tree, and some dots of Stickles for fairy lights.


These two are A4 cardstock folded, and use a very old stamp in my collection, called Angel Chorus Collage, by Rubber Stampede. It was stamped onto cardstock, then also onto vellum, and the vellum was torn around the design and added on top of the cardstock with a small amount of adhesive. I also added some colour to the back of the vellum image first. A few die cut flowers, and a couple of again very old backing papers, and they're finished.




To make the bauble shapes in the first four cards, I used a variety of stencils.The very top two are using a Clarity bauble stencil. The other two square ones use a stencil cut using a Spellbinders Ornament die, 2011 Heirloom Ornaments.
 The final 4 use a stencil cut using Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments 2010.

 DI Broken China & Tumbled Glass were brushed over the top edge, and  I used a torn paper mask for the top hillside. I used the cheap 'Toothbrush style' make up brushes to add the ink.
 The remaining ink on the stencil was dragged around the edges to define the shape, using a dried baby wipe, which I also used to add the ink over torn paper to make the hills.








 This is the Clarity stencil, and I also cut a copy from thin paper to use as a mask when stamping in the trees. The paper is thinner than the stencil, so the stamping is easier to do without having a big gap caused by the depth of the stencil.





















The Poinsettia is another Spellbinders die, and I believe the flourishes are by Cheery Lynn.














9 comments:

Rita said...

Stunning cards Shaz. Lovely to see you back among us again. Here's to a better year for us all. Hugs Rita xx

dutchess said...

Happy new year Shaz......and a great start with all your lovely cards...loving the Lavinia stamps.....xxxxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Happy New Year Shaz.
Lovely to have you back with us and what a fabulous array of cards you have created for our first challenge. I especially love the stenciled bauble ones, a very elegant design.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

Welcome back to the fold Shaz with these beautiful cards. Love the fairy in the bauble. Great idea. Hugs Mrs A.

cuilliesocks said...

Happy New Year Shaz and it's just lovely to see you back with us.
Your cards are wonderful, I love the Lavinia fairy and the magical scene you've make with the bauble, beautifully composed and coloured.
Your other cards are equally as gorgeous, love the vintage design and colours.
Keep yourself well, Kate x

rachel said...

Amazing cards Shaz - so many of them! So good to see you back! Happy New Year! Hugs rachel x

Granmargaret said...

Welcome back. Lovely cards. Happy New Year

Gibmiss said...

Hi Shaz
Nice to have you back
Fabulous cards
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, fabulous cards - lovely fairy images. I like how you created the background with the bauble stencil. Stamping through a stencil is always a problem but the thin paper is a great way round it. Hope you are keeping well and Happy New Year to you and Doug. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...