A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 22 January 2020

WOYWW #555-The ' There was a sale on' Edition

Yes, there was, at Amelias. And although I visited, I was very, very restrained. As was Beloved Hubby, for a change. 😁

These are all my purchases-possibly because I had everything else! Hubbys choice was the Unicorn stamp, I spotted an old Lavinia Stamp I didn't have, a pot of Silver stencil paste- no harm in having a spare-and a pot of Sweet Poppy glitter in a lovely navy blue.
As I'd had to buy an Engagement die recently, I grabbed this Phill Martin set that was half price, as it has another larger Engagement in it, plus the Retirement one, and a small Crafters Companion Engagement too. And that was my lot. Possibly just as well, as I've been keeping up to date with new stuff being Demoed at Creativation, and there are some must haves for my wishlist. I'll mention a few, in case they appeal to you too.

Top of my list are Tims new Embossing Glazes. These are embossing powders, but unlike the usual ones which are opaque, these are translucent, so you can see the colour/image below them. These are the first colours to be released.


I'm loving the look of these, as I have a very old pot of something similar, a blue one that gives the appearance of blue glass. This is it here, used on a heart embellishment.
There's a link HERE to one of his videos, showing them off, and what you can do with them.
 There are also Alcohol Ink Alloys, which are different in the way they behave to the AI Mixatives.
A useful tool I think will be the Alcohol Blower. You may recall the 'puffer' gadget he brought out? This one is bigger, and I think will be useful to me, as I currently use a straw to blow the ink around, but have a tendency to run out of puff if I'm making a few backgrounds.💨
 The final item to grab my attention I think will be of interest to anyone who is interested in foiling.
 DecoArt make a Transfer Gel, which works great with foil, but needs to be heat activated. They have just brought out Deco-Foil Duo, which can be heat set, but can also be applied without heat by running through your die cutting machine. So that looks to have numerous possibilities.
 Not sure if they'll go on my wishlist, but there is also a storage tin for the regular size of Distress Inks. And they store on their edge!

Made some Christmas cards last week, in the post below, and also finished off these cards, using a smaller cover die than the one I did the Engagement card with. Again, left blank until needed. I ran some white card through various embossing folders as a background. The cards are A5 folded. I was MIA last week, as I caught a cold, which inevitably started to become a chest infection, and although I wasn't having difficulty breathing, I was getting short of breath far sooner than normal, so it took a few days before I felt like doing anything. But all good again now. I'll be adding my link over at Julias place, The Stamping Ground, and visiting later on. Which, at last, brings us round to.....................And Finally...................




26 comments:

Helen said...

I was watching the videos from Creativation with interest too..... agree about the embossing glazes looking fab, not that I do a lot of embossing these days so may manage to avoid those! Love the hearts cards. Helen #?

Sarah Brennan said...

Good to see you back Shaz. I have my eye on the embossing glazes as well. I've just bought a new alcohol ink storage tin, so I may have to check out the new range there too. Nice restraint at Amelia's lol. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Julia Dunnit said...

Wouldn’t it be great if the new embossing glazes sort of resurrected embossing? I do like the sound, I must say. And a tin to hold the inks would at this stage be the most useful tool in my entire arsenal! I haven’t and won’t be looking at Creativation though, I’m rubbish at waiting so will happily be ignorant of these thing till I chance across it all when you tell me or it turns up here whilst I’m browsing! Glad you managed to shake off the worst of the infection before it really took hold, blimey missus, you need a bubble to go out in!!

Lynn Holland said...

I had a chuckle at the carousel saying Shaz.
Keep well lovely lady there’s lots of bugs about just now
Lynn xx 7

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Good to hear you are back up and at em Shaz, nice bargain buys, i'd have jumped at phil's sentiments too. I'm waiting on those embossing glazes too, like you I have an old one that was translucent maybe judkins? It was like sea glass which I used on jewellery. It's taken me days to watch the release video's due to the migraine & eye strain but there's lots i'm eager to have in my stash this year already. Take good care of yourself & keep on with those Christmas cards, you'll be finished by Easter hee hee.. WoywW Hugs Tracey #10 xx

Neet said...

I just love your "and finally" - must remember that one. Will cheer anyone up.
Great post but I am restraining from buying as much as I can at the moment. Money is disappearing too fast for my liking on other things and I do so little these days.
Love your sale posting, especially the unicorn, but how do you remember which fairies you have from lavinia? I cannot keep track of my fairies and did a duplicate recently but also duplicated other stuff. I need a memory! Any tricks or advice?
Hugs, and have a good week the two of you
Neet 11 xx

Glenda said...

Interesting purchases you have there. I'm really trying to be good but I did buy one of the new dies from Heartfelt Creations. I also pulled two more boxes of stamps and dies that are retired from Heartfelt and I will be giving those to a dear cousin just starting to play.
Glenda #18

Diana Taylor said...

Ooh Shaz, more goodies - I love the sound of the embossing glazes and I'm definitely going to be looking out for them. I have a lot of different foil glues but like the idea of the one that goes through the die cutting machine - so that's something else to be on the look out for. Thanks so much for the enabling!
I'm very glad you are over the bug you caught and are feeling much better - there are some nasties around.
Have a lovely week,
Hugs, Diana xx #9

Christine said...

Wow! these sound like great new additions to the crafting scene, thanks for sharing with us.
Love those Holly cards you made a few posts ago .... I've been nosy and been reading back .....

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Always love to visit and see what's new on the market. I have yet to find any great, or even simple Retirement stamping items. Guess the new designers haven't thought about getting older. Thanks for the visit. I love your heart cards. I'd enjoy those for upcoming Valentine's for my grands. Have a great week, hope you feel fantastic and have sunshine you way.

StampinCarol said...

I looked for you last week and am glad you are ok.
I seen a couple things shared from Creativation that I may HAVE to get! LOL! Fun purchases! Hope you continue to recover. I'm just barely over a head cold.
Thanks for popping by! Have a great week!
Carol N #22

Ohhh Snap said...

What a lovely collection bought! I am really looking forward to getting some of those glazes too. Thanks for sharing! #28

Annie said...

I'm late visiting today but have been head down sewing all day and have now finished the next 5 Memory characters apart from their labels so have decided to call it a day now and will do them frest in the morning.
Sorry to hear you've had the cold....me too :-( It's made my asthma worse at the mo so maybe we are both suffering together [of course I'm nowhere near as bad as you but am feeling pretty washed out at the mo].
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Linda Simpson said...

A beautiful plethora of goodies, can't wait to see what you create.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kathryn Frantz said...

Embossing glaze.... I missed seeing those. Still wondering if I “need” any. But usually that isn’t a factor.
Glad you are feeling better.
Thank you for sharing today
Happy Wednesday!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, I'd seen these embossing glazes but tried to ignore them but they look great on the heart mmmm...... Hope the cold is going away it's such a miserable condition. Nice new goodies too though rather restrained Lol! Have a happy creative woyww, Angela x16x

Sue said...

Hi Shaz, You'll have fun with the new stash.

Glad you are improving. Sending heaps of positive healing thoughts.

Love the verse:)

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #6

Anne said...

Hi Shaz like the embossing glaze - I do like embossing. Sorry you've not been well, I think I might now have a cold starting :-(
Your 'funny' made me smile. Take care Anne x 19

Lindart said...

Wow! I have never heard of the Embossing Glazes, will have to look that one up! The heart is gorgeous, what a beautiful colour! I also like that set of cards, what a great idea to do several in different colours. I love the Unicorn stamp, he has great taste! How do you remember which Lavinia stamps you have? I'm going to have to start making a list! Glad you are feeling better, thanks for your visit, Lindart #27

Elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear you've not been too well again, Shaz, but glad that you're in the mend now. Lovely new goodies and your cards are beautiful. Those embossing glazes sound interesting - must take a look at the demonstrations. Hipe you have a better week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #20

Lillianb said...

Thank you for you visit to by blog, saved the Tim holtz video to watch later,

I love you funnies youput on your blog,

Lilian B #14

Crafting With Jack said...

That blue glaze looks lovely, always new products coming out to tempt us. A friend is just getting over a chest infection, they seem to take longer to recover from these days. Hope you are fully better now. #31 Angela

Twiglet said...

Ha - I love the and finally! So glad you are a bit better - so many nasty bugs around Shaz. Your crafty stuff sounds brilliant even though I have no idea what you do with it. I do like the blue glass effect - very clever and so useful, I think. xx Jo

Caro said...

Love the and finally! The blue glazed heart looks lovely and I will be checking out the TH embossing glazes with interest. Glad you are a bit better now - take care of yourself! Happy belated WOYWW. Have a lovely week, with love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#8)

Kelly said...

Greetings, Shaz! Lovely new toys! Yes, Tim's glazes are on my list.. you know, like I need anything else lol Thanks for being my first visitor this week. Creative Blessings!

Shoshi said...

Sorry I missed this last week, Shaz. I've been watching the Creativation videos on YouTube and also fell in love with the new embossing glazes from Tim Holtz and have got to get these!! I understand they will be out in Feb. I am going to a craft show in Feb. and will look out for them but failing that, will order them online. They look amazing, don't they!

Hope you are feeling better.

Shoshi x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...