A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 19 January 2020

Christmas Card Club 2020- #2 Holly and/or Ivy

This fortnights challenge has been chosen by Elizabeth, and she'd like to see Holly and/or Ivy on our cards. We also are welcoming a new member to the group, Linda, so we are all looking forward to seeing what she creates.
I've made 4 cards for this challenge, all pretty much identical.
I've taken Holly as my theme. The holly background in 3 of them is a Sweet Poppy Large background stencil, and I covered the paste in glitter while it was wet. The two on the left are two-tone, top one a mix of green & silver, the bottom one copper and green.  On the right, the top one is green glitter, and the bottom one is stamped with a 'cover a card' stamp from Impression Obsession.



 Here you can see the details of them a little better.


I matted them onto dark green card, then mounted them onto my card base, which are just under 6" square.




Next I stamped an old Chocolate Baroque stamp, Holly Script, in gold and heat embossed with Gold detail powder, then cut them down to a tag shape. I cut the same size tags in dark red, and ran through an Embossing Folder from Creative Expressions, called Festive Greetings. I layered them together, slightly offset, and added a small ribbon detail.
 I mounted them to the card front with some foam tape, for a little dimension.




The final addition was a glittered holly bough, taken from the CB stamp. I'd stamped onto acetate, then glittered and finally cut out. A few small spots of silicone glue adhered them over the holly image on the tags.

A peel off sentiment finished them off. I only wanted a small sentiment, and this helps use up some of my peel off mountain! I stuck the peel off onto scraps of the green card, then matted onto scraps of the red.

11 comments:

Rita said...

Wow Shaz, what a fabulous array of cards from you. Love them all and I need to get ahead and try new things. I have been in a rut so to speak for a while now so watch this space. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xx

dutchess said...

Hi Shaz...fabulous design for your cards...that’s a great background stamp and your tags and holly sprigs are stunning xxxx

Elizabeth said...

Four fabulous cards, Shaz. The stenciled backgrounds are gorgeous and I love the Holly decorated labels. xx

Linda Simpson said...

These are all stunning Shaz, love the beautiful rich designs.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Shaz, what a selection of gorgeous cards. I love all that wonderful glittery paste and the scripted background is so beautiful. Your designs are fab, Kate x

Mrs A. said...

Like the way you hsve created the double tags for the front of each card and swapped the colour ways around on the backgrounds. Hugs Mrs A.

Christine Harrop said...

Four great cards Shaz. I like the script stamp. Looks great in gold. Christine. xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful set of cards Shaz with lots of gorgeous glitter and details.
Lorraine

rachel said...

So pretty Shaz - I love these. And a great how to aswell! Big hugs rachel x

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous cards... Shaz you have been busy ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz and it's a great idea to keep making them, saves all the rush next Christmas Lol! well maybe! Hugs, Angela xxx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...