A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 25 September 2019

WOYWW #538- The Bit of Enabling Edition

Indeed, as all has been quiet on the enabling front lately, and I have a reputation to uphold, there have been a few purchases this week. First off, an 8"x8" Tim Holtz pad, called 'Abandoned'. Loving the colours in this one.
 Next we went to Webbs garden centre on Saturday, and they have a Hobbycrafts on site. Not a huge fan of them, to be honest, but occasionally they have some bargains.



Like these packs of Glitter cardstock, 20 A5 sheets, half price at £2 each. So, two shades of gold, a silver & a white. They have lots of colours besides these too.








   While we're on the subject of glitter, I came across some Glitter Fun Foam, and I'm thinking these will be great for a number of things- sentiments, for one, and die cut shapes for Christmas cards for another. I think they were 90p each.





Julias revenge, lol. The enabler was enabled. You may recall Julia was using moulds & air drying clay last week, which reminded me I have a tub full of unused moulds.
 Spotted these in there, the one at the bottom says Superlight, and it really is. Feels like a packet of air! ( Mind you, I haven't opened it yet, they might BE bags of air, lol).They were a pound a pack.
 The one above is heavier.


Got distracted from the Christmas cards to join in a swap in a FB group for Samhain/Halloween. Samhain being the old Celtic name for All Hallows Eve, and the Celtic New Year.
Made another set before this, but got carried away with the stamping, and decided they were far to crowded with images, so they went in the bin. There's only so much you can rescue! Linking as always on Wednesday over at Julias place, The Stamping Ground, where she will attempt to keep order.

 On the Chemo front, this time round has been much better, and having seen the Oncologist on Monday, they'll continue at the 80%, as I seem to have tolerated that much better. Good news is, it's clearly working, as the blood test I had two weeks ago- before the treatment and after the 6 week break- showed my cancer markers have dropped from 235 to 175, so it's looking good.

Saw Annies mention last week of the 2020 Crop, it's in the diary! Looks like June will be a busy month, as the following weekend will be Download, and having seen the Headliners announced on Monday- Kiss, Iron Maiden and System of a Down, plus so far, 10 other bands we always go to see on tours - we are most definitely booking.



 Which brings us round to.....And Finally......

 Love this Terry Pratchett quote from one of the Discworld books.

23 comments:

Helen said...

Good news on the chemo front, and the crop, hope to be there too. Love the halloween swaps and your enabling - I've been remiss in it myself this week!! Happy WOYWW
Great quote!

xx Helen #??

Annie said...

Brilliant news on the chemo front my friend :-) :-)
Love the Samhain/Halloween cards you made....gorgeous Autumn colours.
I saw the clay on Julia's blog last week too and was really tempted but I just have too many projects on the go at the mo especially as my customers seem to want to start Christmas early.
Keep up the good work on the health improvement.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Glenda said...

So glad to hear your Chemo seems to be working and that you are tolerating it well. So many new things to play with...how fun!
Glenda #18

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

The colours in that paper pad definitely caught my eyes too! The super light air drying clay would be great for embellishments on paper projects. Let us know how you get on with it. £1 seems to be a good price! I know what you mean about Hobby Craft - I get excited when I see one - but when I walk around there isn't really that much worth buying. There are better deals and selection on the internet - apart from some of their occasional sale items. The Halloween cards look awesome! So glad the chemo is working - keep it up - it's going in the right direction! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #17

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

So thrilled re chemo Shaz, that is such an answer to prayer and must be a huge relief to you, curiously a friend having chemo had same issues with full strength but much better on reduced strength guess it’s all a juggling guessing act fro them.
Lovely goodies for enabling but as am no where near any of those goodies they won’t enable me.at all! 😉 ATCs look fine to me, but we are always hard markers on our own work.
Happy WOYWW. Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x #14

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

sandra de said...

Continue to hope and pray that all keeps going smoothly with your chemo treatment. Love the Halloween cards and goodies on your desk.
sandra de @19

My name is Cindy said...

great quote, kinda devilish.... good to see you found some bargains at Hobbycraft. Like you i don't think they have an outsatnding range, and even some of the interesting stuff i wouldn't buy because its been there so long. Good for basics (their new range of basic card packs are good quality and colours also the ombre glitter which I have resisted so far....) and the occasional bargains - I get nearly all my card blanks when they are on offer. Of course I am in there nearly every week for classes so I tend to see the bargains. Lovely 'halloween' bits. Excellent news about treatment - long may it continue to improve!! Happy WOYWW Cindy #15

Lillianb said...

Happy WOYWDW

So glad to here the Chemo is looking good for you anfd hope it continues. Lovely lot of new stach to play with,

Lilian B #10

Caro said...

First up - wonderful news about the chemo working and you getting on better with the dose. Praying that it continues that way. I absolutely love your stamping on the ATCs, and that Tim Holtz paper pack is gorgeous! Terry Pratchett is one of my favourite authors and that is a brilliant quote. Happy WOYWW. Take care of yourself and have a lovely week. Love & God Bless, Caro x (#7)

Fonda said...

Stopping by to say Happy WOYWW! Fonda

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Am thrilled skinny that the chemo is working so well, long may that continue - you give those cancer markers a kick up the a$£e! I love those All Hallows' cards you made, such great colours and designs. And the TP quote is genius and what I try to live my life by - once a rebel......
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

Kyla said...

SO pleased the treatment is working and your body is responding well, always amazed at your energy levels though!

As to your "enabling"....noooo......i have been ignoring TH page of new goodies BUT....that pad looks right up my street-darn it!!!

Neet said...

Good to hear the news on the chemo treatment - here's to it continuing!
Love the halloween cards - have you seen the new images from Tim Holtz? I want them, without a doubt. They might fall into my basket somewhere.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

So pleased to hear things are looking good on the chemo front. I had to smile when you mentioned Hobbycraft. They opened one in Lincoln and I've been in it once and was really disappointed. I have visited the one in Sheffield which is bigger but generally only for Art stuff as the craft area is not particularly very good unless you are under 6yrs of age! but I do like their water colour papers and paint stock. The Halloween cards look great, gorgeous range of colours too. Thanks for the visit to mine, hope you have a lovely creative week and a very happy woyww, Angela x13x

StampinCarol said...

Wonderful news with the chemo!
I've been busy making cards to teach at my October class, 3 of 4 done, 1 Halloween, 3 Thanksgiving.
I think I have a pack of air dry clay..... somewhere. GKW.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!
Carol N #20

Stacy Sheldon said...

Fun fun things to play with Shaz, oooh YAY that is fabulous news on the treatment results so far so good :) I think I bought some sparkle foam sheets and I think they were white so, the thought was diecut snowflakes but, I am not so sure I ever got around to it yet :) ~Stacy #21

craftyani said...

Love the halloween ATC's. Obviously Hobbycraft has gone downhill, when I lived in the UK I thought it great but that was over 20 years ago. So glad to hear your chemo is working makes it worth all the bad days when you see light atthe end of the tunnel. Ani #5

Christine said...

Thanks for your visit earlier.
So pleased there is good news on the chemo front.
Speaking of clay..... I think I may have a pack somewhere .... if I find it I will need to find some time and that may be a taj more difficult!!
Enjoy your week
Christine #16

Twiglet said...

Great news about your chemo Shaz - let's hope it quickly does the trick for you. Glad you are getting geared up for June 6th too - let's make it another to remember! Love the and finally.. just going to think of something really naughty to get up to now! lol xx Jo

Crafting With Jack said...

Love those Halloween backgrounds.

Lindart said...

Hi Shaz! I've read the first Discworld book, and I'm sure I could gather up quite a few quotes - it's full of insightful thoughts! I like the one you chose! I should read the rest of them!
I love your Halloween ATC's - the mushrooms and the colours give that perfect spooky quality without going all out Halloween, as do the crows in the second set!
Glad things are looking up on the cancer front, keep going! Mindset is everything! Have a great week, thanks for your visit! Lindart #23

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, having sorted out my computer problem, I'm catching up on commenting. I'm liking the look of the glitter fun foam - methinks that as well as the ideas you have the right colour would make lovely poinsettias. Have fun with the clay. That date is in our diary too. Hugs, Elizabeth x #24

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Missing you Shaz, hope you’re ok, in my thoughts and prayers,
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...