A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 9 October 2019

WOYWW #540- The New Stuff Edition

Back again then, as usual our regular wander round the desks of the world, seeing what everyone has been up to. Leaving our blog link along at Julias place, The Stamping Ground- feel free to come join us, we're very friendly! As always from me, there *may* be some enabling.











And here we go with the first. I have seen so many people with the IKEA Raskog carts, but they're a bit pricey I thought, although they have just dropped the price by a tenner, ( to £40) I also had a look at the Hobbycrafts one, which was a very sensible £25, and as they had a promo running of 20% off online orders, means I got it for £20. And I was very pleasantly surprised when I unpacked it. You have to put it together, but that literally took me all of 5 minutes. It is a very good size, neither ridiculously large, nor uselessly small. Trays measure 15½ " x 11½"(40x29cm), and stands 31" (77cm) tall.  Also, very sturdy. Comes in a few colours, I went with the grey. I think the others are mint, rose gold, and white. It has two lockable wheels. Love how much stuff I've now been able to remove from my desk, but still keep handy. The baskets are really strong and deep, and there is plenty of access room between them. I've been able to remove my two boxes of UFO's from the desk, and they all fit in the bottom tray.
So, very happy with it.

I'm waiting on some stamps arriving from Lavinia, as they just put out some more new ones. They're not here yet, so I'll share them next week.
I've also bought myself a new toy I'm waiting to arrive, so I'll do an unboxing and some testing when that turns up.

These did arrive, I'm so far behind on Christmas cards this year, and thought these are going to help make a supply pretty quick. I reckon some foil/glitter card behind those baubles will look ace.



 But it's desk shots you want to see, and this actually doesn't look as bad as I thought it did. It would look better if I got my act together and concentrated on one thing at a time.  Like the 10th Wedding Anniversary card I need to get done for Thursday!
As well as tidying stuff into the cart, I got distracted by something in a video from WOW! embossing powders I watched. She'd made little circular swatches that she'd stuck onto the lids of her pots so she could see what they'd look like embossed. Which is something that I thought was brilliant, as it's not always easy to know what some powders will look like. So I got sidetracked. Some pots have split swatches on, as some, like sparkle EP's, or these 'two-tone' ones, look different on light or dark cardstock, so I punched out a bunch of circles, and then cut some in halves to match up on the lids.


This is the 'craftermath' on the desk behind the desk, the Christmas glittered images I'm gradually matching with background stamped pieces, more embossing powders than any sensible person needs, and generally anything I'm trying to find a new home for.



Received a fab card from our lovely ShazinOz the other day, thanks Shaz, it is so appreciated.


And so I'm almost done. Two more Chemo treatments to go, and I shall be able to stop hiding away from people with germs, like the hermit I've been for the last few weeks. Missed 3 gigs last week, as because of the treatment break I had, they now fell in the week my immune system was at it lowest, so the risk was too much.They were all in small halls where you're really crowded together. However, we are off the the Birmingham Arena on Friday to see Alice Cooper!

Which just leaves......And Finally.....



I think this pretty much sums up the state of my craft room this week!

25 comments:

Helen said...

I hadn't really clocked from the FB concert pics that you hadn't been to them... but Alice!! wow, that will be something. Great enabling, this week, (way better than me!) and the trolley looks fab, very useful. Happy WOYWW Helen #?

glitterandglue said...

Morning Shaz. I do like that cart - has given me a few ideas... The dies are great - are the Cathie Shuttleworth? She is so clever with her designs! and yes, those sort of designs do indeed look great with fancy glitter card behind them!
Love the and finally - reminded me of my room on Saturday after a bit of a card marathon!
Glad you are so nearly at the end of your treatment - take care at the concert, but glad you are up for it.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh enjoy Alice Shaz and good luck with the last of the treatment. I do love my trolleys as they do free up a lot of desk space and I can grab things easily. I am wondering about buying a third one as I can probably just about squeeze one in. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Fonda said...

Just stopping by to say hello! Fonda #9 Alice Cooper! He must still be performing! Amazing.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Woohoo for nearly being at the end of the chemo!! I wondered if that's what had happened when I saw the FB pics of Doug at the concert. Going really wasn't an option at the current state of play. Hope you're feeling ok, lovely gal and are not too breathless.
What a great find that trolley was, honestly it's a win win from every angle! And I love those baubles, they'll look amazing with foil behind them. You know me and sparkly, lol!!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Glenda said...

I love your new cart. I've looked at them but resisted so far. I really don't have room for one at this point so I just keep scrolling!
Happy WOYWW
Glenda #10

Annie said...

I'm doing a quick whistle stop trip around a few of my favourite blogs between bear making [I've nearly finished one and there's only another 8 more to go!!].
I really love the new cart and am desperatly trying to justify buying one but alas I don't think I could find the space to store it because as your finally suggests it looks rather like the tsunami has hit in here with bear parts today.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

Julia Dunnit said...

Two sessions left...and self imposed hermitry...way to go Shaz, definitely better than all those hot sweaty concert bodies for now, you can make up for the ones you missed! Alice Cooper will be quite a show, definitely something to look forward to. I love the cart, it has freed up desk room and everything in that top tray looks so neatly organised! It amuses me that you got distracted by the embossing powder idea (a good one) - i know we dont do so much of it these days but I would be lost without having too many for a normal person!! Get back to the card now. I have to tidy which is v boring, but so necessary!

sandra de said...

I do like the ikea style trolley.... something nice about just sitting and rolling what you need towards you. Love the idea of detailing your embossing lids. Makes so much sense. All the best with the next round of chemo. Much love coming from OZ... Sandra de @18

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Shaz, so pleased to hear that your chemo is coming to an end, good luck with it.
Thanks for the tour around your craft space and those trolleys looks so useful. Your new dies look beautiful, will look forward to seeing the end creations. Take care, Kate x

Magic Maggie said...

right...love the embossing powder idea, but shelved for a day as...(swank, swank) am off to do the pastel pet portrait course tomorrow - may not be swanking when I'm done though! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Please could you say in your blog what keeps you motivated to do the cards, some of us need the advice!
Hope you are generally OK - love
Maggie (Bendy Yorkite) It's Bendy I'm drawing in A3!!! (I have never done anything that big in all my life).

Lillianb said...

WOW embossing powders are great, foil behind those baubles will be great,
Lilian B # 15

Lynn Holland said...

I donated lots of my craft stuff to the local hospice day care centre recently including all the storage units.
Then what did I find myself doing this week- you got it - looking at storage units. Oh dear
Lynn x 16

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, the funny is brilliant and makes me feel one hundred times better than I did this morning when I took my desk shot! I have two of those trolleys from Hobbycraft - one for the sewing room (gold) and the other for in here (mint) - grey wasn't an option when I put in my order. I'd like to say they help me to keep my desk clutter-free but the proof is in the photo ... I'm obviously beyond help!! Nice goodies on your desk - love the snowman. Have a fab time at the Alice Cooper show and have a try not to breathe in those pesky germs. Hugs, Elizabeth x #20

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh wow Alice Cooper, I love him and he has such a sense of humour too though I imagine you don't pick up on that when he's on stage. Hope you have a great time. Thanks for the info about the carts, I'm thinking of getting a couple when I move into the new Studio. Let me know what day you're going to the NEC, we might be able to meet up. Have a lovely woyww and a happy creative week, Angela x14x

Neet said...

That's a great "and finally".
Now I am going to have to go and measure the trolley I got from ikea to see what the difference is. Never one to say "no" to storage - but wondering where on earth I would fit it if i got it?
Love the snowman die but they are all lovely and I see what you mean about the baubles.
Great idea with the glittery tops - I do that with pain and pens but not with glitter or ep. I would not have thought of the two tone ones - hats off to you Shaz.
Glad the isolation period is almost over and you can get back to your music and the concerts you must be missing. On good authority I did hear that the stamp show was not as good as usual with one or two big names missing. Made me feel better about not being there - hope it helps you too.
Sending love for the two final treatments
Neet 6 xx

StampinCarol said...

Great cart! I've seen them all around but I got one from HSN by Totally Tiffany and love it. They sure do hold a lot!
Those are fab dies!!! I'm just getting started on my Christmas cards, need about 30.
You are definitely getting so organized on your embossing powders!
And what a funny! Love it!
Thanks for popping by and have a great week! Hope your last chemo treatments go well and that your immune system strengthens!
Blessings!
Carol N #21

Caro said...

Wow! Enjoy Alice Cooper, that will be amazing! Love the look of that Hobby craft cart and what a sensible idea with the embossing powders. Hope the final chemo sessions go well for you. Happy WOYWW. Love & God Bless, Caro xx (#8)

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, I've looked at that trolley from Hobbycraft but so far resisted as my craft room isn't large. Hope everything goes ok with your remaining chemo sessions. Enjoy Alice Cooper - love his shows on Planet Rock. I used to borrow my older brothers LPs when he was out - Alice Cooper was one of them - great voice! Have a lovely week Heather xx #28

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love my trolleys and last week on a trip to IKEA for something else (that in the end we didn't buy) bought two small trolleys that can go in front of my cupboards and be moved easily! On reflection..maybe I need to stop hoarding stuff! You reminded me that I have more stuff to be colour labelled! Wishing you well with the chemo treatment! I'm sure you will enjoy your Alice Cooper outing!Big hugs! Chrisx xx 30

Stacy Sheldon said...

HI Shaz, oh YAY two more to go that is do able, and at least you will be off house arrest to get to go see Alice :) I love those dies and cannot wait to see what you do with them, they look like they will carry the whole design really easily with flair. and I probably have just as much powders you're in good company :) ~Stacy #26

Twiglet said...

Thanks for lovely comments - my back is better today, thankfully. Your trolley is fab and your workspace looks so well set up too. xx Jo

Shoshi said...

I love your new trolley, Shaz. It looks very compact and useful. I am so glad you are nearing the end of your chemo - I remember the final weeks, counting down the days! Let's hope that will be the end of it for you, and you can get your life back properly. You've really been through the mill. Thank you for your visit - yes, huge bore having to go for another PIP assessment. Those clowns have gone down even further in my estimation than before, which I didn't think was possible! I just hope I get a good result at the end of it all, to make all the stress and hassle worthwhile. This process is NOT fun. In the meantime I've been making such good progress on the slippers that they may even be finished in time for next week's WOYWW!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #29

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi Shaz very remiss this week, was very tied up last week, coming up for air now. Love your new trolley, first saw one in Michael’s in Florida with my friend last Sept the well after our crop, marvelled at them then and seen quite a few folks with them. Prob available here but no room, love your new stash.
I don’t have many coloured EP but that’s a good idea if ever invest!
Glad the card made it, and loved that one, I pray last two go really really well Shaz and knock the critters on the head somall ckearvis forthcoming. Praying hard. Sending loads of prayer hugs.
Thanks for Sharing, God bless, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Kyla said...

ooh love the trolly and especially the bauble die, yes glitter or foil behind will look AMAZING

kyla

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...