A warm welcome to all my visitors,
Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!
All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.
Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.
Thanks, Shaz XX
Thursday, 24 August 2017
Hot Foils Part 3- some experiments
By the way, I found out that WOW! Embossing Powders also make a Hot Transfer Foil,called Fab Foil, and the packs are 1 Metre x 10 mm, cost £2.50, and come in quite a range of colours. Sorry the Purple foil pic is a bit fuzzy, I think it's all the reflections.
Anyway, I have a couple of glue pads, one is called The Essential Glue Pad, by Tsukineko, and the other is a Palette pad. I've never had much success with either one, to be honest, so I thought trying it with the foil & hot iron was worth a shot. I also tried some glues I have for Gilding flakes & so on, a Honey Doo one, one from Indigo Blu, and one from Sweet Poppy.
Then I had another thought. I wondered if it was possible to stamp with Stencil Paste? And guess what? It is!
So here are my 6 experiments. I wrote on each card what glue I was using, then used scraps of foil over them. From left to right, top to bottom they are: Essential Glue Pad, Sweet Poppy Stencil Paste, Palette Glue Pad, Honey Doo Mixed Media Glue, Sweet Poppy Wunda Size,and Indigo Blu Flitter Glue.
The Sweet Poppy Stencil Paste worked really well for being stamped, so this has real possibilities.
Bottom row, the Honey Doo and Indigo Blue glues both took the Hot Foil really well.
The last thing I tried in this session was on a canvas. I had some I'd stencilled on with paste a while ago, so gave one a try.
It's a canvas board, and I probably ironed it for about a minute, as it was so much thicker than cardstock.
But I think it could work well for giving a distressed look, or if it was added in small patches, for instance on the wings.
So all in all, a few possibilities raised here, and I have some more experiments drying right now. I want to see if my Dreamweaver pastes work for this, and also if regular press-down foils work this way too.
All these were done with an Iron by the way.
'Cos fairly tidy doesn't happen too often. Not very tidy, of course, just fairly.😁 Wednesdays here again, so time for linking up ...
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I had bought these, the new Tim Holtz Embossing Diffusers. You have probably seen, like me, the...
I've had a few people wonder how the cheap wafer thin dies I've been buying from China were going to perform, and I promised a rev...
This is the first of the batch of seven cards I made, thanks to some Pinterest inspiration. Here is the card that caught my eye,...