A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 22 February 2015

Birthday Card with Indigo Blu stamp

So, I can blog this card, now its been handed out.
 I mentioned last week we were going down to Plymouth, for a friends 30th birthday meal, so a card was a necessity. The stamp used, by Indigo Blu is one of their 'Dinkie' range, it measures 3" x 2 1/4", and features a Penny Farthing, which seemed perfect, as Rob is a keen cyclist.









The card is based on samples I saw at Pink Tulip crafts quite a while ago, when I bought the stamp.




















I must admit, I did a few colour variations, both in the stamping and the inking, until I found one I really liked.The stamping was all done in Archival, apart from the grey, which is Versafine.



Out came the trusty stamp positioner, as I cannot 'eyeball' this sort of thing, I'd never have got an even spread of the stamping. Its just 3 images stamped from one inking, so they gradually fade out.






I did one pretty much the same as the samples.
Then added DI in Tumbled Glass & Salty Ocean, Scattered Straw and Old Paper.







Same inks, but this time in bands across the cardstock.


Then I tried a sort of half and half.
Then the one I finally used.This one is again DI in Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean, then Adirondack Sandal and Lemonade, with a little DI in Squeezed Lemonade also.



The corners were punch with a SW punch- can't remember when I last used that,and matted onto dark Blue cardstock.


Dark blue brads in the corners.


For the front of the card, I used some Tim Holtz paper from the Lost and Found paper pack, which features a bicycle themed sheet, in french.

The sentiment was stamped in the same Cobalt Blue Archival, onto an offcut sponged the same as the main image, then punched and matted to match.

The numerals for 30 are a set of stamps from Dimension, who used to be Dimension Fourth. I stamped them in the same ink onto offcuts of the backing paper, and attached them with Pinflair glue gel.







I now have a number of stamped, and some inked, images left over.




When I was looking at the samples after I'd done this card, to get the image for this post, I noticed the Butterfly card in the left corner. Its been done with Adhesive film and Glamour dust. So, I thought, I wonder what one of these images would look like?
 I took the one that I'd inked in bands, and added a sheet of double sided adhesive film to it.




Before I peeled the backing off, I burnished it down well with a hard rubber roller.


Peeled off the backing paper, and sprinkled it with Glamour Dust, in Crystal. Rubbed over it first, to make sure it was well covered, then tipped the excess off.

Came out looking pretty good, I thought.
I matted it onto some pale blue card, stamped a sentiment and matted that onto pale blue too.










Now it needed a backing, and I wanted something fairly light. In the end, I embossed a sheet of thin white card with a Cuttlebug folder, called Cogs and Wheels. I added a couple of strips of adhesive blue gingham ribbon, then the image over the top, along with the sentiment.
 So, two cards out of one idea.


3 comments:

Rita said...

What a fabulous card Shaz. Love the image you have used too. I really like the way you have graduated the colours. Hope your well. Hugs Rita xxx. Ps. I gave you a mention on my latest posting that I learned from one of KN tutorials. X

Shoshi said...

Oooh, love this one, Shaz! Love the stamp, and how you've repeated it with the fade effect. Really clever. So glad to see you've got your creative mojo back. My Mr. Mojo and Mrs. Muse have extended their holiday onto another planet, I think... Hopefully they will return in a few weeks' time once I'm back on my feet again.

Thank you for your lovely comment - it was soooo good to see you both yesterday and share all we did - I was delighted to show you my ARTHaven even if it is in gathering-dust mode atm! What fun we had.

So glad you like the photos. I've yet to get my hubby's ones and will send them when I do. Your hair pic came out really well! I can't wait to get some glowing colours into mine on Thurs.

I'll email you in a mo.

Hugs,
Shoshi x

Paula said...

Oh I love the card with the glitter over the bicycle. But I am a glitter girl and love the sparkle.

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...