A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 15 July 2020

WOYWW #580- The not much happening Edition.

There isn't really. Long shot of todays desk. Some piles of Christmas Cards, I've finally got round to cutting, stamping and sticking in inserts. My own fault, if I did it at the time, I wouldn't end up having to do so many at once.
 From front to back- glasses, phone, guillotine, wallet of Gelly Roll pens. Now, there's a question. How come Sakura can make gelly roll pens that always work- even white ones- yet no one else can make a white gel pen that doesn't fail almost as soon as you get it home?
Bottle of home made stamp cleaner, Versafine inkpads, Versamark and embossing powder- still experimenting with the MINC and stamping. Piles of Christmas cards,reading glasses, dry microfibre cloth for drying stamps and cleaning brushes on. Two carousels full of stuff to numerous to mention.
Far end is scalpels, tweezers and pokey tool. Pincushion- courtesy of Elizabeth at the last crop- and one of those loose sheet telephone pads that comes in handy for jotting stuff on, or squeezing blobs of glue onto.


Desk two- the desk behind the desk. Handy as a general dumping ground for what I'm using, just not right now, lol. The big  Really Useful Box is full of Christmas papers,tub on top has a damp microfibre cloth for wiping stamps. The big Document holder is holding card bags, some packs of coloured textured card underneath it. ATG next to that. Along the back storage tins for alcohol inks and a number of reinkers, Stickles & Pearls, with the Crop Bear sitting on top. Spray inks at the end on a Nail Varnish storage thingy from Amazon.Tim Holtz layering stencils hanging off a rail, along with Embossing Folder samples. The drawers under the desk have all sorts of card & paper, punches- which I really need to sort out, as I don't know  when I last used most of them- one drawer full of peel off sheets I'm trying to use up. Just at the very front, the corner of my Hobbycraft trolley with my make up brushes on top.And thats my contribution for this weeks WOYWW, courtesy of Julia over at Base Camp, The Stamping Ground.
 Which just leaves us with......And Finally.....



This did make me laugh, especially number 8!


Clearly from the US, as over here we'd say handbag, but all the same so, so true. I think I can handle anything short of a Zombie Apocalypse with the contents of mine.



Oh, I might be a bit late visiting today, I have a CT Scan at 10.00, and I have no idea how long I may be there. The longest part is usually them trying to find a willing vein!

24 comments:

Helen said...

there may not be much going on but there is much to look at! Hope the scan goes well and they find a vein easily. Helen #?

Sarah Brennan said...

I do hope the CT scan goes well Shaz and that the results are positive. I store my TH stencils on book rings too! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #?

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lol at the pants And Finally - I mean, the one about underwear not that it sucks...... lolol! You're not the only one who doesn't like inserting inserts, Crafty Ani was mentioning it on her post today.
Hope the CT Scan goes ok today, lovely gal - thinking of you xxxx
HUgs LLJ 3 xxx

sandra de said...

WRT your comment about white pens that is soooo true and goes for a white ink. I am always on the look out for a non fading white ink. Will have to try Dr. Ph Martin's bleed proof white mentioned on woyww but it is proving elusive to source in OZ. Had a good chuckle over your funnies both correct. Stay safe and hope you get to create after you cat scan.
Sandra de @9

Susan Renshaw said...

I am going to share that mask pic!!
Love having a nosy at your desks - lots of good storage!
Happy woyww! Stay safe and keep well. Susan #15

Lisa-Jane said...

Great post about the pants / mask! I love the idea of the "not right now" desk - I think everyone should have one. Or at least a "not right now" shelf... Good luck with the CT scan - I have similar issues with my veins and there is often a lot of muttering from the medical staff! Have a fabulous week, Lisa-Jane #2

My name is Cindy said...

Loads to look at though!! Feeling rather meh today so I don't think much is gonna get done. Grey skies don't help. I tend to be a little less all encompassing with the handbag these days as it's usually only me I'm thinking about but we do have some special lockdown additions at the mo! In the old days the wors thing was finding the banana I'd put in in case the kids needed a snack..... last week. Hope they find a vein OK!! Happy WOYWW, stay safe, stay well, Cindy #11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, I had to smile (or maybe cry) when you mentioned white gel pens, I'm with you. I have bought them all and you're right the only one that is any good is the Sakura. Hope the Scan went okay not a favourite day out but has to be done. We've been to the Vet's today which was interesting. Have a really lovely creative WOYWW, Angela x14X

Neet said...

Hope the CT scan went well and they found the vein. The guy that eventually did mine was in in a jot. Brilliant guy!
Well, you certainly sound organised with knowing where everything is and I am right there with you re the white pen. Why can they not get it right? Same as why can the company beginning with R not make paint without it drying up in next to no time whilst others beginning with P or D can? I have some from when I left school (as a teacher not a pupil lol) by Berol and it is still fluid 18 years on. Hardly use it either - just a gold and a silver.
Love your ... and finally - both of them!
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

Shoshi said...

Lovely to have a detailed tour of your desks, Shaz - a good opportunity when there isn't too much going on. Hope the CT scan went OK. My veins are usually find-able, but my trouble is with cannulas that have to be in for longer than an hour or two - they tissue over and block up. I always end up having to demand a PICC line to save all the awful hassle and ending up like a pincushion when I'm in hospital! Chemo plays havoc with your veins, doesn't it.

Love the handbag funny. I used to carry a vast handbag (I'm now really minimalist lol!) and always promised myself I'd go to a dolls' house shop and buy a kitchen sink so that I could pull it out and impress people!

Thank you for your comment - glad you enjoyed my latest fashion statement and our colourful garden! My hubby has worked so hard.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #8

Sue Jones said...

Hope the CT scan went well and vein found easily. Love your mask analogy :).
As for the bag - yes that is me , especially went i used to be a teaching assistant , you name it, i had it! Not much different now, if i go out with my own children . better safe eh ?!
Have a great week. Soojay #22

Caro said...

I really hope your CT scan went well. The mask thing I saw on Facebook and it made me smile. Lovely seeing the long view of your desk for a change this week. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#1)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Shaz! Hope your scan went ok. Thanks for the walkthrough of your desks - my husband always points out that I have too much stuff, but next time he does, I'm going to show him yours! Funny comparings masks to underwear, but actually spot on! I'm glad they made them compulsory in shops - I always carried one but never wore it because nobody else did. I saw a lot more people wearing them today. Stay safe and have fun! Thanks for stopping by! xx zsuzsa #10

Twiglet said...

Brilliant - and finally - Max always laughs at my capability to solve any problem with the contents of my handbag!! AND I haven't done a No.8 for ages - I don't need a law to tell me that I need to keep it covered.... lol. Your desks look well laden today Shaz. xx Jo

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Shaz! I am finally getting around to making blog visits - I'm not even going to pretend I can ever catch up with what everyone is doing! Your desk really does look organised - it doesn't mater how much I try to sort my storage until I can get rid of the big cupboards we brought with us I think will always need re-organising every so often!! I love the underwear funny and there's something about the handbag one that hits a nerve here! Hope the CT scan goes OK, Hugs, Chrisxx 30

Anne said...

Just saying hello. Not joining in this week as nothing on my desk :-( Hopefully back crafting soon. Anne x

Lynn Holland said...

Hi Shaz
I saw that poster about the masks somewhere else today. It’s spot on.
Thanks for popping by my post. Our little market is much the same as yours. Fortunately the food traders are top quality and there is a good plant man as well. They have the same problem with the council as you mentioned.
Todmorden in Yorkshire, where we go on Saturday’s is better as it has an indoor market as well. I much prefer this way of shopping than going to supermarkets.
Have a good week and stay safe.
Lynn xx 29

StampinCarol said...

Quite the detailed description of your desks!
Had to laugh about the masks. As to the quote, I have only the band-aid and mini-pharmacy.
Hope your CT scan went well and they found the vein quickly!
Thanks for popping by and have a great week!
Carol N #24

Dorlene Durham said...

I hear you about the white pen dilemma. I have the worst luck with finding one that works more than once. I’ll have to get Sakura next time. Have a wonderful week! Dorlene #31

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

There's more than enough to keep our eyes entertained Shaz, there seems to be more desk days like this than ever for me.. Treat yourself to some crafting and save the sorting for another day, thinking about the sorting puts me off doing anything. The white pen can be a very frustrating thing.. stick to what makes life easier Hugs Tracey xx
P.S I laughed so much at the funny :D

Marit said...

My jaw dropped reading that 'list of tools and materials'... boy, you have a lot of stuff! But now that I look around in my own atelier... I have the same amount *blush* I LOVE the mask/underwear list, made me laugh out loud! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday, hope the CT scan didn't take too long. Big hug from Holland. Marit #20

craftyani said...

Hi Shaz all my inserts are in also, well they were now made some more cards, neverending. I laughed at scapels, tweezers etc sounds like an operating table, some of my craft shelves resemble a cosmetic shelf, makeup sponges, nail varnish remover, shaving foam, cotton wipes etc. Hope your Ct scan went ok. Ani #6

Cardarian said...

Hi Shaz!
Wow! now that post was a proper WOYWW. I think I am close to you with all my stuff in the craft room! Sometimes I can't remember where I have stuff and look for it for agaes! At least I know I have it...somewhere!
Your funny things - I always have a laugh! That womens purse -or handbag as it is called in England is mine Alan always says I must be carrying the kitchen sink with me ha, ha...
Have a lovely week, I hope the Scan went okay!
Love and hugs,
Cardarian

BJ said...

I'm woefully late, I'm so sorry, don't seem to have gotten around to even putting the computer on till today!!
Totally understand your "not much going on here" thing, me too. Hope your scan was OK. Hugs
Tail between legs, BJ#21

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...