A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 24 July 2019

WOYWW #529- The Goodbye to Erika Edition.

Writing this on Tuesday evening, and today was the day we said our goodbyes to Erika.
It was a lovely celebration of Erikas life, many tears were shed, and many happy memories shared.
 The Crematorium is newly opened, and is a beautiful building, in a woodland setting, which she would have loved.
 You can see from the picture what a lovely tranquil setting it is, and get an idea of how many people came to her funeral.
 It literally was packed, with people standing at the sides and back, as well as all the seating being full.
Everyone we spoke to said the same- everyone liked Erika, it was impossible not to. She was so warm and open, and lived life to the full. She is going to be so very missed by all who had the good fortune to have met her, and those who got to know her through her love of crafting, both in real life & online.

She was a regular at Pauline Butchers Inky Workshops, and one of the other group members made up this collage, which was at this weeks Workshop, so Erika was still with them. Pauline brought it along to the wake.  We also were given a small bag containing a handful of wild flower seeds, which we were asked to scatter anywhere we liked, so people would see them flowering, and smile. That way Erika would still be making people smile even though she's not with us anymore, which we thought was a lovely idea.

After we left the wake, we met up with our Amazing Leader, Julia, in a local Costas for a drink and a catch up. We had a couple of hours of fun and laughter, and a break from the heat in the air conditioned Costas. It was an incredibly hot day, mid 30's I believe.
 So, the reason you're here- my desk.
I stamped out some house images, from a couple of sets by Chocolate Baroque I bought a few weeks ago, and have been playing around with my coloured pencils.
 Slowly but surely getting them coloured.




I freely admit that this week I'm falling down on the job of Enabler in Chief! Haven't actually bought anything for a week or two, so I'll have to try harder for next week. 😀







Second chemo this Friday, the first one seems to have gone OK, not been ill or anything, so fingers crossed.

Which just leaves.....And Finally.......





Quick Edit: Ian posted on FB today- the Funeral Director counted the guests at the funeral- 155! That says everything about her.

24 comments:

Helen said...

I am not surprised that Erika's funeral was so well attended, thanks for sharing the photo montage. Helen #?

Shoshi said...

I’m glad you and Julia managed to have a get-together, Shaz, but only sorry it was under such sad circumstances. The funeral sounds beautiful - bitter-sweet, in a lovely setting. I love the idea of the wild flower seeds. Your new coloured pencils are awesome! What a huge rainbow of colours, and just the thing for the sweet house stamps! I am glad the chemo isn’t making you feel poorly so far.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #7

Sarah Brennan said...

I am not surprised that Erika's funeral was so well attended. Glad you and Julia managed to catch up too. Hope the second lot of chemo goes as well as the first. Hugs and happy WOYWW. Sarah #10

Lunch Lady Jan said...

This crafting community is amazing on good times and sad - I'm so pleased there were such a lot of people at the funeral. The wildflower seeds was a lovely idea. Glad you could catch up with Her Maj as well!! I'm so pleased that you felt ok after the first chemo, hope the second goes as well.
Hugs LLJ 3 xxxx

Lillianb said...

I am glad that lots went to say goodbye to Erika and glad it went well, Loving the house stamps,

Lilian B #14

Julia Dunnit said...

OMG how appropriate to my lost threads yesterday...twice in as many minutes! great to see you, couldn’t have had a more chilled afternoon without you! you’re both looking well Shaz, keep up the good work! You may not think so, but you are enabling even if to you it’s not new stuff....I’m a sucker for a house image! Xxxxxxxxxx

Annie said...

My sewing is done and the coffee is made so it's my time for desk visiting.
Thank you for sharing Erikas send off with us Shaz. She was obviously loved by all and what a wonderful idea with the wild flower seeds. Good luck with the rest of your Chemo.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

Glenda said...

I'm so glad you got to spend some time with Julia. It would be so nice to have a little get together with you ladies! Thinking of you as you do these treatments. Many hugs!
Glenda #16

Christine said...

Hope your second treatment goes well on Friday, should be cooler for you to travel.
Love those little houses ..... reminds me that I was stitching a collection of small houses, must go hunt them out...
stay cool
Christine #19

sandra de said...

Lovely to hear you were able to catch up with Julia. Looks like it was a beautiful send off for your crafting friend.
sandra de @20

craftyani said...

My what a collection of colouring pencils lucky you. Find colour so therapeutic. Thanks for the reply on FB, good to have knowledgable friends as since moving to Spain I have missed out on a great deal of new inventions. Have a good week and hope the chemo goes ok. Ani #11

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, I'm glad that so many people turned up to celebrate Erika's life (I do hate the word funeral). It was lovely that you also got chance to catch up with Julia. I hope your chemo session goes well, and that you don't feel too awful after it. You still take pole position as Chief Enabler ... Diana last week posted about some pocket folders from Westgate Supplies that you had mentioned... well Mrs Postwoman delivered mine this morning! I'm going to use them for die cuts, and small stamps. Thanks for stopping by earlier, I do have some card images on my PC, I just like touchy/feely copies too that I can flick through or take to work maybe if someone orders a card Have a lovely week Heather xx #9

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Dear Shaz, a heartwarming post, we are blessed indeed to know gems like Erika, and what uplifting feeling in the midst of deep sadness it must’ve been for her family to see how well she was loved.
I love those stamps, so beautifully English and love the colouring! And your funny, so me!
Very thankful for no side affects for you and praying earnestly that long may it continue, dear Shaz! May the Lord walk with you each step of the way through this treatment.
Happy WOYWW. Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x #24

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Shoshi said...

Thank you for your return visit, Shaz. I'm glad someone else has to get their sewing machine manual out as well! I'm glad you like the card I made. I gave my friend her framed picture this afternoon and she loves it. Although it was my least favourite of all the ones I did, I think it does look better in the frame.

Shoshi x #7

Dorlene Durham said...

I'm glad to hear that the funeral was well attended and nice. It's so hard to lose someone especially when they are still young. Have a good week. Dorlene #26

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm sure Erika would be very pleased to know that so many people are thinking about her and celebrating her life. The funny sound familiar....now what was it I was going to say!!!! Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x13x

StampinCarol said...

How wonderful that so many attended Erica's memorial service.
Love your coloring. Bet your images will be fantastic!
And happy that you're not having any effects from the chemo.
Had to laugh at your quote. I'm almost there!
Thanks for popping by! Have a great week!
Carol N #25

Caro said...

I'm always sorry that I never knew Erika she sounds like a wonderful person, and how lovely to have such a big send off. I am pleased that the first round of chemo wasn't too bad and really hope that it continues that way. Have a wonderful week. Love & God Bless, Caro x (#17)

Neet said...

So glad that Erika's funeral was a celebration of her life and was celebrated by so many. Says it all doesn't it?
Love the house cards you have been stamping - that is a bit of enabling as you tell us they are by Chocolate Baroque.
Glad the chemo is happening reasonably well for you, hope the second one is as good as the first. Just a shame you have to have it at all.

Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Shaz, I am glad to see you are coloring and things are going well during this round of Chemo. That is nice to see that so many people were able to attend for her families sake :) ~Stacy #31

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A lovely and touching thought regarding the wildflower seeds Shaz, a life taken far too soon Erika's memory will continue to spread even though dearly departed. Sorry i'm later than expected to visit, just way too hot to sit on the computer earlier.
Sending hugs for Friday, will be thinking of your Tracey #8 xx

Lynn Holland said...

It’s funny how funerals can be the saddest of events and also make us smile. Such extremes of emotions aren’t they.
Take care
Lynn xx 6

Twiglet said...

So good that Erika's life was celebrated by so many. AND every cloud.... great that you managed to see Julia too. Hope your chemo continues to go well for you Shaz. Hugs x Jo

Crafty Kaz said...

Wow love your collection of Pencils, and looking forward to seeing all the images coloured.
also had a scroll down and love your blending Brushes.
happy Crafting Kaz x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...