A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 10 July 2019

WOYWW #527- The Post Holiday Edition.

.....Aaaand we're back! Had a great week away, I'll add a few photos at the end. Back to our regular Wednesday meeting over at Julia's place, The Stamping Ground.

 First up then, the desk shot. Actually shots, as I can't get it all in in one. Not that its a huge desk, but only have a couple of feet between that and the table along the wall behind me, so I can't stand far enough back.

A stack of ATC's started before we went away, for some swaps within one of the Lavinia stamps groups on FB.
All pretty self explanatory- a pot of paint brushes, my cauldron!,the twirly boxes full of stuff and things.

The UFO boxes- yes, they multiplied- a few finished cards. babywipes,microfibre cloth, a Corner Chomper, mini Tonic guillotine, which is identical to the one that's the TH/Tonic one, except for the colour. It cuts perfectly, which, as the Tim one is Black & White, rather annoys me, lol.

Now, I have some new Chocolate Baroque stamps on order, the Gnome ones, but they're not here yet, so that'll be next weeks enabling!😁.
But, in order to maintain my reputation, I will tell you that Sizzix UK currently has a huge sale going on, with loads of their own, and Tim Holtz, cutting dies/embossing folders, and some stamps at really excellent prices. So, I'll just leave that there.😉


Above are a couple of things I brought back for my windows- they're Good Luck charms, and intended to ward off the Evil Eye originally.
Now this pic has a story behind it. When we go on holiday, we have a challenge to buy each other gifts, but they must not cost more than 5€ in total. We did it twice this time.The cat is sweet, as are the tiny penguin & pig.
 The Island shape soap is made from Goats milk, but the funny one is the donkey shaped soap- it really has Donkey milk in it! Who knew that was a thing?
I'll probably be late round today, as I have a hospital appointment at 9.10 to have a PICC line inserted in my arm ready for my chemo, the first treatment is on Friday morning. The PICC line stays in for the next 12 weeks, but is a much better way to do it than them having to find a willing vein every couple of weeks! Having had chemo once, my veins are rubbish- it's a bit like trying to get blood out of a stone- and as for trying to get anything into them well, that's a whole other story.
 So, that just brings us round to .....And Finally........

True Dat!














And now for a few holiday pics, so you can skip past and carry on visiting if you want.😊







There was alcohol involved- regularly,lol. After all, hydration is important in hot weather.😎



 This one above shows the only working traditional windmill in Greece.
 Amazing scenery from up in the mountains.









A very silly, cheeky parrot in one of the beachside bars.
  





And these last screen shots from Google maps, show how much of the Island we covered on the Quad. I can also say, with clear & definite knowledge, that many things classed as roads by the Greeks, and Google for that matter, use the term in the loosest possible sense. Mainly meant there wasn't actually any trees growing in it! The orange dots in the top right mark out Kos town, where we were staying. Most of the south side of the island is only accessible via boat.

19 comments:

Helen said...

Great photos from your holiday, glad you are home safe, but boo to the chemo - hope it goes ok. love the donkey soap... nope. never knew that either! Take care Helen #?

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Looks like you had a great adventure on holiday Shaz, although i'd be wary of that Donkey milk :/ hee hee!! Sweet little 5Euro finds though. We have quite a few of those evil eyes around the house, when my children were younger they would often have a little bead eye pinned to their clothing from the locals. Wishing you all the best for today Shaz, take good care now & good to see you back although i'm sure you would rather be where you were last week.
Hugs Tracey #8

Shoshi said...

It looks as if you had a great time on holiday, Shaz! Welcome home. I love the thread work (if that's what it is) on the blue ornament - really pretty.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #9 x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I laughed at you buying the same things for each other - G and I do that with books all the time! Donkey milk eh? That brings to mind the Monty Python cheese sketch with beaver cheese being requested. (Sorry, bizarre brain again, I know you'll understand). I used to have an evil eye protector somewhere, wonder where it's gone?!
Good luck with the chemo stuff Shaz, having the line put it sounds a much better idea. Hope Doug is enjoying his freedom too!
Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

Marit said...

Sounds (and looks!) like you had a marvelous holiday! The windmill reminds me of Don Quichotte (but that story was located in Spain or Portugal wasn't it?! The must have windmills like that overthere too.)I love the little gifts you bought for each other! Happy woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #18

Annie said...

It's coffee time here so I've time to call in on my fav blogs and those who started early and have already visited me.
It was soooo good to see you both enjoying your holiday [hydration and all] before the next round of treatment. I hope Friday goes well and the treatment goes without too much trouble.
Hugs,
Annie x #13

Shoshi said...

Thank you for your return visit, Shaz, and I smiled at the idea of you popping dates all day long! You could do worse. They are full of fibre and goodness as well as natural sugars. Yes, so far pleased with the sample bags - they are new ones from Salts. I never ever thought I would even contemplate changing from Coloplast Sensura Mio but the Salts ones have a very clever drainage system (not necessary for you, of course!) and the filter is supposed to be much improved because of a radical new design. The fabric is as good as the Coloplast bags, and also the whole thing seems to be thinner. They are also much easier to cut. So it's win win all round! They've only just brought them out, and I had to wait for them to start making the convex version.

I thought of you when I saw the Download Festival was on!

Shoshi x

Stacy Sheldon said...

Oh my gosh, I bet that was just a really cool thing to get away and do together :) and I had to laugh at that bird and the road descriptions too :) That is a very cool looking windmill. ~Stacy #23

Diana Taylor said...

It looks like you had a great time on your hols, and no I didn't know donkey milk was thing either - how strange. Good luck at the hospital, hopefully it will make life a lot easier for you and I hope it goes well on Friday too.
Hugs, Diana xx #19

Caro said...

Love those Lavinia stamp ATCs and the fun finds from your holidays - I had heard of donkey's milk but didnt know you could buy it like that. Hope the hospital goes well. Happy WOYWW. Have a lovely week. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#15)

StampinCarol said...

I really enjoyed your post! So much fun stuff! The donkey soap did make me think about milking a donkey. Not sure I'd want to try that.
Great quote! When one is in her 60s it takes a while to find the correct year! And what a fun trip!
Hope all goes well getting your PICC line in and that your chemo goes well.
Have a great day!
Carol N #22

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, glad they've found a better way of administering your chemo and I do hope all goes well over the next 12 weeks. In the meantime, you have those new stamps to look forward to. Have a lovely evening and good luck for Friday. Hugs, Elizabeth x #25

Neet said...

Great colour on your desk with the backgrounds of those ATC's - fab! I can hardly see your cauldron but would love to see it in close up. Sounds terrific to me.
You have just reminded e i wanted some stamps from Lesley at CB and now I cannot remember what they were but gnomes sounds familiar - must head over for a look but maybe after following your link to Sizzix. Oh Shaz, you lovely enabler.
Have several bits around the house with that "eye" - isn't it called the 'eye of ...'? Cannot remember but I am sure it has a name. Love the other bits and pieces you brought back - especially the soaps, both very unusual in make up. If asses milk was good enough for Cleopatra am sure you are going to be rejuvenated even more with what you bought.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great holiday pics and like the idea of buying each other little gifts that is so sweet. Great collection of ATCs too. Wishing you a lovely week and a happy woyww, Angela x14x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for the visit. Oh so glad you had a great time. Photos are beautiful. I do enjoy seeing the different areas when visiting WOYWW desks. I'd love to visit Spain and the UK, but I doubt that my son will ever be stationed there so doubtful...he has us come wherever he is and takes time off to show us the area..so it's quite easy for us to tour, we make no plans, only our airfare, and get to see the 3 grand girls. Have a great week

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you and Doug had such a good time Shaz. Bet you're glad the washing mountain is out of the way too. Hope your appointment went well and your treatments aren't too rough. Love the enabling but I am staying strong lol. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Lindart said...

Looks like you had an awesome time in Greece! What a way to see the island! You will have lots to keep you busy over the next few weeks. Good luck with the chemo, hope it doesn't tire you out too much. Big hugs, Lindart #24

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry I’m late. You’ll be getting ready go for chemo....I will be thinking of your poor child veins missus. Then you must come home and rest. I love the 5e souvenir challenge...especially the soaps, useful and fun. Donkey’s milk though, wow. Who knew. they’re definitely using their resources well! That’s a very large swap your taking part in, makes me a bit faint to think about numbers like that!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi dear Shaz,
I’m sorry I’ve read this three times now without commenting, can’t recall why! ... you are daily in my prayers.
More chemo concerns me, Shaz, I’m not sure why you’re needing it? Maybe I’ll PM you... anyway praying for mercies abounding. I’ve rubbish veins too cos of Cortisone. If don’t put in a PICC they’ve no end of trouble. Remember that from last time in ICU. They’re clever devices once in well.
Pray you’re okay after it today.
Re your idea of alcohol and Paper towel for alcohol ink lift. Loll used blending solution and made a ink pad with paper towel, and worked well on her sample, but I didn’t have enough blending solution and had only just bought the isopropyl spray wasn’t sure of it, as it’s 98% and pretty strong.. found out strength after buying it, not on bottle had bug search online!
I didn’t want to wreck a stamp. May try. Just thought the JM idea idea tried and true. I liked it with light grey but not with other colours in Archival.
Happy belated WOYWW. Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x #20

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...