A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 1 May 2019

WOYWW#517-The Getting there slowly Edition

Yep, slowly but surely, those stencil backgrounds from last week are getting there. Time, as always on a Wednesday to reveal our desks in all their glory via Julia over at The Stamping Ground.
 Dang, can you believe we're at the start of the fifth month? Already! Just where is the time going?

I've started off with Florals again, then switched to Butterflies, Dragonflies and other suitable stamps.

I did have some difficulties, many of my butterfly & dragonfly stamps are either too big or too small for this, which is why I went looking for other suitable stamps.
 

The blue squares uses a set of stamps from Inkwell Stamps called Pebble People.


The cats on the green one are also from them, and the cats on the brown squares are from Hobby Art.
An assortment of Lavinia Stamps in the purple squares.




Flowers are much easier to do, as using a stamp platform, I just had to position the stamp in the first spot in a corner, then just rotate the card. Move it to a centre spot, then rotate again. Doesn't matter that the flower gets stamped in different orientations. However, that makes a huge difference with all the other stamps, so they were either placed in a new spot each time, or I did them by hand on a block.



The green one with the cats is pretty much finished, as I had a bit of a disaster that I had to fix.
As you can see, bottom left, the stamp slipped on the stencil, as I'd put it back in place so the images stayed within the coloured spot. Going to cut a circle from some copy paper for next time!
 Fortunately, I had two sheets with green circles, so I just stamped 4 cats again, die cut the circles, added some fun foam circles to the back, and covered the four corners.

 
 These are all the flowers, butterflies and dragonflies cut out to add to the stamped bases.




Doug bought some stuff from Amazon the other day, and had a look at the Daily Deals while he was at it. I spotted a Yupo pad, A4 size, at a really good price, and Doug pointed out a set of make up brushes, also really cheap. They are lovely soft brushes, and will work well I think for ink blending.

The reason for the Yupo- I had some fun the other day with my neglected Alcohol inks and some Yupo, and adding foil to them.


Not sure if the pics will show it, but basically where the ink creates an edge as it dries, that edge stays tacky longer than the background itself, and foil will adhere to it. It's not a precise thing, in that you can't control how much, or how little attaches, but you may get an idea from these two below.
 You just have to give it a minute or so for the main part to dry, otherwise you get far too much sticking to it.








 This one was a disaster, as I didn't let it dry enough.


Way too much foil got attached.










This one though came out really well. I used a holographic foil, and it sparkles like tiny crystals.







Well thats me done, just leaves us with......And Finally........





I reckon most of you are with me, right?




Last thing- I will be swapping in the Birthday ATC swap, if you'd like to swap with me, let me know in the comments, and we'll swap addys.

32 comments:

Helen said...

the cards turned out just great! I rarely use my AI's and have never tried the yupo paper a friend sent me to try... your foiling experiments are fun! Right, need to go pee before I forget... lol!! Helen #??

Sarah Brennan said...

Morning Shaz. Those toppers are coming on brilliantly and mistakes happen occasionally lol. I will be swapping for the anniversary but it may be a tag as I am not sure that I will get ATCs made before then. I don't mind waiting until the crop to swap to save on postage. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

HeARTworks said...

Oh my! You’ve been super busy, and I so relate with your last quote! LOL!!! I wonder where my brain is sometimes!!! patsy

Twiglet said...

Laughed out loud at that one! How true it is! I love all your clever artwork Shaz - each technique is a mystery to me of course. Yupo sounds like fun. xx Jo

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. I love all of the stamping, especially the cats. That foiling technique looks great. Add me to your swap list for an ATC. I should be at the Crop, so no need to post. Ali x #12

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I need that as a badge...can’t believe how easily distracted I am these days!! Absolutely loving the progress on the stencilled backgrounds. Really like the pebble people, never seen them before. The Lavinia look marvellous. As for your cat rescue remedy - genius! You’re a clever stick.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The thing is, I love looking at what you create each week but don't understand any of the terms or techniques! What on earth is Yupo? Sounds like a Star Wars character! And is it wrong that I love the mutant cat stamp mistake most of all? I know, I'm weird :-D. Looking forward to seeing you soon, kiddo.
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Shoshi said...

Love your stamped shapes, Shaz, and the Yupo with the foil is an inspiration. I am sure they look even better in real life! You certainly have been busy this week.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #13

Annie said...

Oh Shaz your funny could have been written for me this week. Love all you've been working on and it's always lovely to see how you put these things together.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Magic Maggie said...

Morning Shaz

I love the way you have used the stencils and I am on the lookout for suitable sized stamps as we 'speak' - because I have the same stencils! The thing I particularly like about you, is that you seem to like the same stuff as me (Lavinia and Clarity to name but a few!), so I will always find your blog interesting. Thank you.

Love

Maggie (Bendy Yorkite) Bendy is the new rescue cat, well...I say cat, he is more like a werewolf!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

That Yupo stuff looks exciting. I must try that some time soon. Thanks for sharing the technique with us. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter) #5

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hoping, God willing, to do ATCs, Shaz ... have your addy already though. Just have to make them first. Love the holographic foil on the blue awesome, and clever way to cover up that slippery cat too 😆 always find away around a booboo if you can.
Happy WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x #16

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Christine said...

Love the way your cards are coming along, the way you share is an inspiration to others, well... me! Thanks so much.
Have a good week
Christine #22

Glenda said...

Things are coming right along with your cards! I really like the look! Happy WOYWW
Glenda #9

Stacy Sheldon said...

Oh wow in the tacky parts, that is so cool. ( I would have never thought to do that) but,then again I have not bought any foil either because, I cannot figure out what the machine does but,I have seen the foil for sale by it self) :) hmmmm :) that has really caught my attention here Shaz, thanks for sharing. ~Stacy #31

CraftygasheadZo said...

Hello lovely - so nice to pop in and see you again after such a long break on my part. Love your shapes and makes. Fabulous buys too. I feel so out of the loop with Woyww that I just needed to touch base with everyone! Take care Zo xx 25

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, I'm loving your stenciled backgrounds - they're all lovely. Those Hobby Art cats are very much like my favourite cartoon cat, Simon's Cat - he makes me laugh! Like your Yupo samples too - even the 'disaster' which looks a bit like our a shot of our blue planet. And the funny, what can I say except that it sums up my life completely!! Have a lovely week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #26

Shoshi said...

Thanks for your visit, Shaz. That's awful, having a fall that put you in hospital with sepsis!! Fortunately there have been no lasting effects from my fall and all is well. I am just pleased I didn't break the plate!! (Shoshi would probably mend, the plate wouldn't.) The plumber is in love with my pantry and this time he said "I could live in here!" and he calls it the Tardis! He gets pantry envy every time he comes. Tomorrow we'll be allowed to use the new loo and I'm going to have some fun choosing wallpaper etc. Glad you like the slippers - still more work to do so watch out for updates!!

Shoshi x #13

Caro said...

Love those cards - they work so well and the Yolo backgrounds are fantastic. Happy WOYWW. Have a great week. Love & God Bless, Caro x (#18)

Sue said...

Hi Shaz, I love your stamping and those backgrounds are fab.

Your quote could so easily be me:) LOL

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #10

StampinCarol said...

I love all your cards! I really like the brown one!! And your Alcohol ink projects.. oh my! GORGEOUS! The foil is so cool! Great quote, seems it fits me perfectly... LOL!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Carol N #29

Neet said...

Love your foiling experiments - they have turned out beautifully, especially the blue one. Think I am having a bit of a blue phase at the moment.
Great shapes you have there with those small images on them - I do like the grey ones (or is it blue/lilac - it does look grey on the computer - but whatever colour I really like them. But then I like the cats - in fact they are all nie and it would be hard to choose a favourite.
Great quote at the end - my friend and I used to say we had "colanderitis" - a colander has bigger holes than a sieve.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Anne said...

Hi Shaz. I do love your work, especially liked the foiling this week. I sort of feel like I'm a real amateur and you are a master at what you do lol That's the second time today that I have seen Yupo paper mentioned though I still don't have a clue what it is Lol
I will swap with you - can do it at the crop though.
I so identified with your 'and finally' :-)
Anne x #24

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Me distracted! well maybe sometimes.....well maybe lots of times actually. Toppers are coming along nicely. I do intend doing the swap but have to be honest not thought about it yet.....keep getting distracted by other things actually! Loving your Yupo projects too. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x14x

Kathryn Frantz said...

Love your foiling on alcohol ink/yupo! Will give it a go.
The quote.....is me!
Have a happy, fun week!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your doing a grand job with those stencils Shaz and well done for finding stamps that fit inside. The stamp platform is a real workhorse for doing repeats and makes light work of creations, what did we ever do without it eh?
I used make up brushes for mixed media work as the cheaper ones tend to shed their bristles, always have a pot to hand and they save using my expensive brushes. There are some fab bargains to be had online.
Late to the WoywW party but I made it eventually. Tracey #33 :0

Lindart said...

Hi Shaz! Neat cards! Great idea, I like the ones as well that are raised! I wonder if you could make ATC coins out of the circles...How nice of hubby to be looking out for things for you on Amazon. Smoosh - yes I did think as I was using it that I could also use Twinkling H20s, but the Smoosh is already to go. It also has a neat applicator, almost like a teeny lip gloss applicator, and is in a bottle like a nail polish bottle. I tried to see if I could find it on Google, but smoosh is such a common word...oh well! Thanks for your visit, have a great week! Lindart #30

buterfliecrafter said...

I bought some yuppo paper ages ago, but haven't tested them yet, should get my alcohol inks out, Vicky#23

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, sorry for the late visit. Yupo paper is a new one to me. The stencilled cards are coming along very nicely! I love how useful my stamping platform is, I should use it more often, and would have less mistakes. Love the funny, that is so me these days. I'd love to swap ATCs - I'm fine with swapping at the Crop. I'll look forward to catching up with you at Happy Stampers. Have a lovely bank holiday weekend, Heather x #15

Marit said...

I am in ooh and awe over your alcohol-ink-foil-backgrounds... amazing! I don't know 'yupo paper' but read about it... it's some sort of thin paper isn't it? And I love the bright colors you use on those sheets! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day, hope you have a nice Friday/weekend. Hug from Holland. Marit #19

Kelly said...

::: yawning ::: good morning, Shaz. Good buys on Amazon. Doug is a sweetie... kind word for enabler hehe. Lovley pieces. I especially like the last one. Almost has a agate appeal to it... and goes well with your blog background ;-) Hugs & Creative Blessings! Kelly #27

Kyla said...

ooh particularly like those cat stamps (and I am not a cat person but these are really nice). Also love your later review of the pencils, always good to know a cheaper alternative and boy are there a LOT of pencils in that kit!

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...