A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 4 March 2018

Christmas Card Club Challenge #5- Robins

This fortnights challenge is set for us by Valery, and she chose Robin/Robins.
 I've had a lot of fun with this challenge, and to prove it, here is a whole flock of Robins!

 We have a shaker card, 4 cards and 4 tags too.


The main set of stamps used is called Round Robins, and is from Hobby Art.










The Robins were stamped In Versafine Clair Nocturne, then heat embossed using clear powder.


The colouring was done with Promarkers- Tan/Firewood for the browns and Lipstick Red/Crimson for the red.





 I masked them all off, and brushed Broken China and Faded Jeans across the tops, having placed a torn piece of paper to make the hills. A thin line of Stickles in Baby Blue defined the edge.



 I added a few glittery peel off snowflakes- they were actually 'waste' from the backing sheet!


The filler was from a package I picked up the last time I went to the NEC,called Crystal Snow, but I can't recall who I got it from.I think I overdid it a little!

 While I was waiting for the Stickles to dry, I decided I'd make a few tags too, and a smaller card. The robins stamped in Nocturne again, and heat embossed. The greetings, from top left clockwise, are from Phill Martin Scribbled Christmas Petite Sentiments set.Hobby Art Winter Wishes, Phill Martin  Snowflake Sentiment Corners, and the 'odd' one is from the Hobby Art Robins set.
 The 'odd' image is from a set called Winter Birds, by Inkadinkado.

Not sure if he really is a Robin, but sort of looks similar.😊








                   
  That one was heat embossed using Stampendous EP called Holographic, and is really cool, as the longer you heat it, the more the colours change. I just added some DI Broken China/Faded Jeans from the centre out, and used the same blues to dust around the other Robins. Punched a hole & added ribbon.

I was almost done, when I remembered I had an Imagination Crafts stencil called Singing Robins. So, I made them up using stencil paste, then left them to dry so I could foil them.










While they were drying, I went back to the robin with the letter in his beak.


Stamped his hat,then masked the hat to stamp him in place. I also stamped the letter first of all, so I could position his beak over it. Good old TH Stamping Platform!

I filled in the white parts of the hat with an embossing pen, then added Stampendous EP in Sparkle Puff. Don't know if that's available, I've had it for years, but you could get the same effect by mixing a pinch of glitter with any Puff Powder.





Added a few glittery snowflakes again, and stamped the sentiment, from a Crafters Companion set,called Festive Sentiments, in Encore Silver pigment ink. I think, along with a Gold inkpad and a normal black one, these were the very first inkpads I bought. Along with a reinker, which I think I've used once in the 15 ish years I've had it. Still works fine too.

I thought the 'snow' half of the card looked a bit bare, so I added some Embossing ink, then sprinkled on a WOW! EP called Snowfall.

So that's it  for this challenge, and 5 cards and 4 tags added to my Christmas Card collection!

15 comments:

Rita said...

What can I say Shaz. Your Robin cards look amazing. Love those little fat robins, never seen them before. I'm glad I don't have to choose one as I love them all. Keep Warm and cosy. Hugs Rita xxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

These are fab! I love robins anyway and all the different takes on them are fantastic 😍
Hugs LLJ xxx

dutchess said...

Wow you have been busy Shaz....love these images I know I have them but sadly they are still unused.....great selection of cards and tags ...beautiful....xxxx

Zoe Tant said...

Oh my this is one amazing collection of Robins. They are all so cute and I like the different embellishments to make them all a little different. Thanks for sharing them all. Zoe x

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness...what a wonderful flock of robins.

My fave is the first one...the shadow bos. loved seeing the photo walk through process as well.

Love the fat, cheeky robin image!

The others are all great. Swell to get some tags made...I need to get cracking along on those too...

cuilliesocks said...

A busy bee you've been Shaz creation all these wonderful cards, I love your designs, especially the shaker card, it's brilliant. All the Robin images are fabulous, Kate x

Christine Harrop said...

Great cards featuring the lovely robins. So Christmas-sy! Christine x

MaryH said...

Gosh, you were on a Robin roll with all of these delightful cards. These are the cutest robin images and I love what you did with the little fat ones! They just look so cheeky & cheery, with all the sparkle & snow that you've added on each project. So pretty and clever in your designs! TFS & Hugs

rachel said...

Absolutely awesome cards Shaz - I love them all and the tags too! Wow you have been super busy!!! Big hugs Rachel xx

Mrs A. said...

Goodness what a lovely lot of cards and tags you have made and those robins are all so different too. I love how the tags have turned out and the shaker card robins look so cute with their beaks just above the snow! Lol. Hugs Mrs A.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Well my goodness you certainly did have a ball making these fabulous cards, so many for your Christmas stash. I love the cute round robin image that you have used.
Lorraine

Carol said...

Wow Shaz you have been busy...what a fabulous selections of robins! Carol x

Kyla said...

ooh these are looking fabulous, especially the shaker ones, talk about getting prepared for the "C word"!!!

Hope you guys were ok in the snow.
Kyla

Gibmiss said...

Hi Shaz
Wow you have been busy... love all your robin cards....
Stunning
Hugs Sylvie xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love them all! xoxo

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...