A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Monday 19 March 2018

Christmas Card Club Challenge #6- Christmas Flowers.

Rachels subject choice this fortnight, Christmas Flowers. For my cards, I've gone back a lot of years to some old Chocolate Baroque stamps- in fact, I'm pretty sure they were Graphicus, or maybe even Elusive Images when I first bought these: Poinsettia Script, and Christmas Rose Script. I love these stamps, as they are so timeless. I also have another couple in the same vein, Mistletoe Script and Holly Script. All these stamps are still available, either singly, or as a set of 4.


 
  I totally got distracted, and failed to take many photos during the making! Both images were stamped onto white cardstock with Versafine Clair Nocturne, then heat embossed with clear powder.
 Promarkers were used for the colouring, and I coloured and cut out a second layer for the Poinsettia, and added it with silicone glue.
Some Distress Ink in Old Paper & Antique linen was blended into both cards edges, after they had been torn out for an aged look.







 For my images, I added some Gold Stickles to the Poinsettia centre, and some Black Diamond to the Christmas Rose.











 One thing that surprised me when looking for images to see how the Christmas Rose should be coloured, was the amazing variety of colours they come in!
 This was just one Pinterest image of the flower, and there are many more colour variations than this. So beautiful, I think I shall be looking to get some of these into my garden for next year.


14 comments:

Welsh Dors said...

Hi Shaz,
Notice you used the new (to me at least) Versafine Claire inkpad. How do they compare with the original Versafine? Thanks.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two gorgeous cards for our challenge this time Shaz. I didn't realise how varied the colours were on these Christmas roses either, they're so pretty.
Lorraine

Christine Harrop said...

Two very lovely cards Shaz. I knew the Christmas Rose came in more than one colour but not so many. I even know it is called the hellebore... lol! Christine

Gibmiss said...

Hi Shaz
Two fabulous cards... Love the Pinterest photo
Hope you are feeling better
Hugs Sylvie xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi there Shaz, two very beautiful cards, and your colouring is fabulous, especially love the Christmas rose. Both beautifully designed too, Kate x x

scrappymo! said...

These are beautiful cards. i love the image over the script background, it looks so pretty. Tearing the edges and inking them was a brilliant idea as it suits this image so well to have that distressed look.

You will enjoy your visit to the nursery to look at the hellebores. Before we downsized to this house which has a postage stamp of a yard, I had a huge garden with hundreds of perennials. I had several hellebores including the black one which was my fave. I will say that if you have any raised beds or hillside, plant them where they are above you as the flowers always face down and are hidden unless you are looking up at them!

Mrs A. said...

Two lovely cards and beautifully coloured. I always thought Christmas roses only came in white too. These colours are glorious. Hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

Both of these are just beautiful. The script background behind each of these pretty flowers really lets the flower shine forth. Your CB Christmas flower reminded me I have a similar stamp that I totally had forgotten. You really got the white shading done so nicely, and like you, when I had checked the colors for another stamp that is a Christmas rose, I couldn't believe the variation of color. I just thought they were white! Well done! TFS & Hugs

dutchess said...

Two beautiful cards Shaz...what fabulous images on the stamps...isn’t it lovely to rediscover old stash...particularly these beauties...
Am longing to get out into the garden now the snow is receding...take care xxxx

Rita said...

What beautiful cards Shaz. Your colouring is always so perfect. Hugs Rita xxxx

rachel said...

Absolutely brilliant Shaz - these are fabulous stamps - I definitely have the poinsettia one but wasn't aware of the christmas rose one - looks fabulous! Hugs rachel x

Carol said...

Two lovely cards Shaz, those images are gorgeous. Carol x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Gorgeous Shaz, love them all.. when in Melbourne my landlady grew the Christmas read see Celt they flower in our winter not yours,. She had all colours except the very bright pink ones, so thought of pink not white fir them. They flower ever so long too. Shaz.xx

Kelly said...

Those are pretty! I'll have to check my seed catalogs. If I can find them, I'll pick up an extra pack. Love your Christmas cards. By November we should be set. Creative Blessings! Kelly

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...