A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Friday 14 February 2014

Happy Valentines Day!




 I saw some Visible Images stamps back last year, and was very taken with the gothic style. When I saw this set at the NEC last November, I knew instantly that they would be perfect for this years Valentine card for my Beloved Hubby, and I knew exactly how I was going to use it.













 First part of the plan involved making some post-it note masks of the two roses, and some heatproof acetate.






This is the two sizes of rose, and I stamped onto the acetate with Versafine Onyx Black, so I could add Black detail embossing powder and heat set.

I started by stamping a large rose in one corner, then adding a mask over it.









 I continued adding rose images, both small and large, and masking each one.

  The first corner completed- as its on acetate, I could do all the stamping, then emboss it all, as the ink won't dry. It WILL smear though, so you need to be careful.










Now I repeated this process in a second corner, just not making it as large as the first one.Added embossing powder and heat set.Then I cut around the rose edges, to give me two corners.
 
The plan was to glitter the roses on the reverse, and the heated embossing powder would preserve the rose images.






The first rose getting the glitter treatment. One tip, when you add your glitter, let it sit for a few minutes to allow the glitter to sink into the glue, that way you get a much stronger glittered image.
  





 2 roses done with red glitter, and the glue added for the black glitter. On the smaller corner, just one rose was glittered in red.
  Black glitter added, and you need to make sure you get right up to the red, so you don't have any gaps showing.











Now it needs to dry, and I left mine on the top of a radiator overnight.




 I don't think it shows in this picture, but I lay the two corners in place on my cardstock, in opposite corners, and lightly drew around them in pencil, so I could position the remainder of the stamping.
 The barbed wire was stamped to make corners( good old stamp positioner again),and I tried out the Love word in black and red on my scrap- I preferred the red. Everything was heat embossed with clear embossing powder, by the way.


 I made a pair of triple embossed hearts, Aged Mahogany DI on the base card, then three layers of UTEE.

 I had already cut a card base, in black card, 8x8, from an A3 sheet. Then a burgundy mat layer, then the white layer for the stamping.




Now to put it all together- the glittered roses were added with Pinflair glue gel, the larger one in the bottom right corner, the smaller top left.

The hearts were added the same way.


As I'd hoped, the detail of the roses is still clear thanks to the heat embossing.











It came out exactly as I'd pictured it, and I'm also entering it in the Visible Images blog February Challenge, LOVE.

Supplies:
 Black Cardstock, A3
 Burgundy Cardstock
White pearl cardstock
Visible Image stamps, Immortal Love
 Heat proof acetate
Red & black glitter
Clear drying glue, for the glitter
Versafine Onyx black
 clear detail Ep
 UTEE
DI Aged Mahogany


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Shaz and hope Beloved Hubby was besotted with it :)
Lynn x

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Those roses look amazing. Beautiful card Shaz x

Monica said...

I am intrigued at the use of barbed wire as I see it in a sort of sinister way.
That was quite process you went through and the result is spectacular.

Cathi ONeill said...

Love the use of the acetate! Great design, bet your hubby loved it! Thanks for joining us in the Love Challenge at Visible Image!

Kay Dalton said...

beautiful card,thanks for joining in the challenge at Visible image x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...