A warm welcome to all my visitors,
Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. Please leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!
All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.
Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.
Thanks, Shaz XX
Rubber Art Stamping & Card Making.
Friday, 14 February 2014
Happy Valentines Day!
I saw some Visible Images stamps back last year, and was very taken with the gothic style. When I saw this set at the NEC last November, I knew instantly that they would be perfect for this years Valentine card for my Beloved Hubby, and I knew exactly how I was going to use it.
First part of the plan involved making some post-it note masks of the two roses, and some heatproof acetate.
This is the two sizes of rose, and I stamped onto the acetate with Versafine Onyx Black, so I could add Black detail embossing powder and heat set.
I started by stamping a large rose in one corner, then adding a mask over it.
I continued adding rose images, both small and large, and masking each one.
Now I repeated this process in a second corner, just not making it as large as the first one.Added embossing powder and heat set.Then I cut around the rose edges, to give me two corners.
The plan was to glitter the roses on the reverse, and the heated embossing powder would preserve the rose images.
The first rose getting the glitter treatment. One tip, when you add your glitter, let it sit for a few minutes to allow the glitter to sink into the glue, that way you get a much stronger glittered image.
2 roses done with red glitter, and the glue added for the black glitter. On the smaller corner, just one rose was glittered in red.
Now it needs to dry, and I left mine on the top of a radiator overnight.
I don't think it shows in this picture, but I lay the two corners in place on my cardstock, in opposite corners, and lightly drew around them in pencil, so I could position the remainder of the stamping.
I had already cut a card base, in black card, 8x8, from an A3 sheet. Then a burgundy mat layer, then the white layer for the stamping.
Now to put it all together- the glittered roses were added with Pinflair glue gel, the larger one in the bottom right corner, the smaller top left.
The hearts were added the same way.
As I'd hoped, the detail of the roses is still clear thanks to the heat embossing.
It came out exactly as I'd pictured it, and I'm also entering it in the Visible Images blog February Challenge, LOVE.
Black Cardstock, A3
White pearl cardstock
Visible Image stamps, Immortal Love
Heat proof acetate
Red & black glitter
Clear drying glue, for the glitter
Versafine Onyx black
clear detail Ep
DI Aged Mahogany