A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Thursday 27 June 2013

Nature themed tags



















Back with the tags, then. The first one uses Tims Papillon rubber stamp set onto a tag sponged with Sunshine Yellow, Meadow, and Lettuce Adirondacks, with a touch of Sunset Orange. The Butterflies were stamped in Colourbox Silk Green Pigment ink and heat embossed with clear powder.

The middle tag was sponged with Meadow, Cranberry,Sailboat blue & Sunset Orange. theDandelion heads are a Lavinia stamp, stamped in Versafine Black with Stickles Black Diamond added to the ends.The phrase is from a set by Hobby Arts.
A sparkly dragonfly finished it off.



Third tag, on the right, is again sponged with Adirondacks,Sunshine Yellow, Sunset Orange and a little Red Pepper. the trees are just the tops of a row of Pines by Stampscapes, coloured with Distress Markers in Forest Pine & a bit of Vintage Photo. The flock of birds is an Inkylicious stamp, a set that has a number of bird flocks and birds on it, and I used the same sentiment again.

 The sparkly Dragonfly brad in the second tag started its life as a plain bright green brad, but it didn't go with the tag at all.So I dabbed it onto a Versamark pad, and dipped it into a sparkly Black Embossing powder, by WOW.


















Heated it with the heat gun- hey presto, a cool sparkly dragonfly! The tool I'm holding it with is from Woodware,called Clip-it tools. Easy to hold the brad without getting covered in ink & powder, or burning my fingers. Which is a good point, let the brad cool before you touch it- not only does the embossing powder get hot, so does the brad.


I did this again with some more dragonflies, and a rather plain metal butterfly brad, and a gold sparkly embossing powder, and these turn up later on some more tags.

Supplies:
Tim Holz Papillon Stamp set
Lavinia Stamps,Dandelions
Row of Pines, & Tall Pine,Stampscapes
Scene-its Sentiments stamp set
Take Flight, Inkylicious
Woodware Clip-it tools
 Adirondack Dye inkpads
Versamark & Black Versafine inkpads
WOW embossing glitter powder

5 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

oooh Shaz I love, I love..

.. very very nice!!

.. and well love the tool for brad have one too which came in my Docraft chalks and what great idea to use it to emboss a brad would never have thought of it .. and must file in my head for future use:D Shaz in oz.x

Krisha said...

Hi Shaz,
Wonderful tags girl!! LOVE all of them.

Monique said...

Great tags, wonderful colors.
xx

Anne said...

Beautiful tags! Absolutely lovely! Welcome to OSA too! I know Shaz in Oz as well....nice to meet another Shaz fom this side of the world!

gardenpinks said...

Fabulous tags, love them all and I need more Lavinia stamps!
Lynn x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...