A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Westminster Abbey card

 This is another great stamp from Penny Black, this time a wood-mounted,4226L, Westminster Abbey. 
 I thought immediately that it would make a lovely Wedding card.
 I used a base  of white pearlescent card, A4 folded to A5.
TIP: If you fold A4 to make A5 cards, trim a little off the top or bottom before you begin to construct your card. Used as is, it will be a very tight fit into the envelope, and if it has any layers or dimension, it will not fit.
 The Abbey image was stamped in Adirondack Espresso onto a scrap of white pearl card, and cut out using Nestabilities Labels 8, with the  2nd from largest die. I used the largest die to cut out the dark blue mat from dark blue card.
 Next I used a small very slightly damp paintbrush to drag some of the Espresso ink into the image. You can use a waterbrush too, just don't let too much water reach the tip.
TIP: Keep your brush only slightly damp, and scrub it off onto scrap paper regularly. You will pick up ink on the brush, and end up dragging too much colour into the image. And yes, I found that out the hard way, lol.
 I sponged a little Adirondack 'Meadow' at the bottom to give a foliage impression, and some 'Stonewashed' in the sky area.
 The image was matted onto the blue card with DST.
 I tore a strip of Tim Holtz Core'dinations paper in blue and added it to the left of the card, and some glittery vellum on top. If you don't have glittery vellum, you can do your own by stamping a swirly or flowery image onto plain vellum with clear embossing ink, and heat embossing with a sparkly embossing powder. The blue spotted ribbon was tied in a knot over both, then the image mounted overlapping this with Pop-Up glue dots. I used a 'Wedding Day' worded stamp along the opening edge, stamped in Distress Ink Cracked Sapphire,  placed equally, and added some dots in a matching Promarker to finish.
 This is another DT project for J&C Creations, and the Stamp, ribbon, Distress Inkpads and Tim Holtz paper are all available from J & C Creations.

To recap, you need:
 Penny Black Westminster Abbey stamp
Adirondack inkpads in Espresso, Stonewashed & Meadow
Distress inkpad Cracked Sapphire
White Pearl Card
Dark blue card scrap
Tim Holtz Core'dinations blue paper
Glittery Vellum
Blue & White Spotted Ribbon.
Nestabilities Labels 8
Small paintbrush or Waterbrush

No comments:

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...