A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 2 June 2021

WOYWW 626 - happy mail dance

 So it has been a couple of weeks again since my last post, work and life has taken over, stuff and things needed doing or sorting.

I have had some happy mail and gifts arrive over the last week, so I warn you this post while being shorter than normal will have no less pictures ha ha 


So celebrating the WOYWW celebrating 12 years of friendship swap we have an awesome card complete with splendid poem inside from Annie (Wipso) and Jo (Twiglet) 


Yesterday I had a visit from my younger brothers as we had arranged a bike ride out  (I dont have my bike licence so i was pillion on my brothers) , And just as we was ready to leave I had someone trying to post something through the door, Odd I thought, Its bank holiday monday wich means no mail.




So Imagine my surprise when I opened the door to find Debbie's, hubby Phil at the door bearing a package.




As I didn't have time to open it as we was off out, I set it aside for later, later came and went and I had forgotten all about it, I am sat in front of the TV when I glanced up and saw the carefully wrapped parcel on the record player (Yes I am old school and proud).

So carefully I begin to unwrap it, first a bubble wrap pouch, next some buble gift wrapping paper, then many layers of tissue (not going to lie, all I need was music for a game of pass the parcel), I am then left holding a piece of art that has an uncanny resemblance of not only the image I have had in my head since Sharon's passing, but also has the colours that depict how I felt too.



 

I sat holding it for what seemed like an age before I realised I couldn't see it anymore, my eyes had started leaking again.


I was so overwhelmed by what I was seeing, it was so uplifting and mournful at the same time. 


I sat and allowed myself to take in all the details, Deb is meticulous, no single addition is added without reason, I am sat studying it and I remember thinking am I seeing what I want to see? 


So I picked up my phone and I start to write a message to Debbie thanking her. I am fully aware that quite often the art is different for each and every one of us.


I give her a breakdown on my take of this piece she had created, explaining my reaction to it and my thoughts as to why there are two wolves in the image 

I saw myself as the lower left one, howling in grief, and that Shaz is the one watching over me.

You know what? 

That was exactly the why behind it,


It is fair to say that I love it, and that I need to find a special place for it xxx


 



You know how there is normally a gratuitous picture of Shaz, or us at the end of these post's? 


Well opposite we have many..


Here we have a gift from my Niece Karina, she had taken some pictures from our social media and had them printed onto a piece of white crushed velvet.


 So I have draped it over the back of the chair, where Shaz would normally sit and work, which incidentally is visible from my office directly opposite.


The thing which crushed velvet is you can't not stroke it x



Well that is my offering head over to our Julia's Stamping ground and share yours 

and finally ...

24 comments:

Twiglet said...

Oh my goodness - what a stunning piece of art Deb has made for you - so clever and perfect. Shaz would love it, I know. Glad our little ATCs arrived safely - just a little smile for you. AND I chuckled at your last photo - clever! xx Jo

Annie said...

I’m so glad your ATCs arrived safely...you’re one of the gang and Shaz will be smiling at us including you with the swap. Really love the velvet photos and the piece of work Debbie sent you is stunning...it’s so you and Shaz.
Hugs,
Annie x

Sarah Brennan said...

Such a moving and beautiful piece of art indeed from Debbie, Doug. Love the images on the crushed velvet too - a great place for them. Thank you for sharing Shaz's funeral video. I must admit that I just about managed to hold out until the Queen number at the end and then my eyes started leaking too. Hugs. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #14 (I had a lie in for the holidays).

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Such beautiful work from the deskers, Debbie is a genius, though she’d be the last to accept that. The ATC SHE CREATED FOR YOU AND Shaz is quite quite beautiful and the meaning is perfect. Hope you enjoyed your run on the bike, it’s been many years since I rode pillion!
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Doug,
Have been AWOL but reading your posts none the less if no comments, esp loved this one.. yes Debbie’s ATC really is aShaz Doug ATC exquisitely, lovingly and thoughtfully made.
A keeper for sure as you say, yes eyes do have a habit of leaking or mine do, too.
Love the velvet, so many kind thoughtful folks, and def needs to be stroked as crushed velvet.
And your funny totally cracked me up too. Must send it it to our family group on Signal. 😆🤣🤣🤣 they’ll love it too.
Thanks for Sharing, Doug, may God bless in all things, sending prayer hugs from Downunder, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Diana Taylor said...

Wow, what an amazing piece of art Debbie sent you and so beautifully appropriate to you and Shaz. And what a lovely and thoughtful gift the velvet panel is too.
Diana x#18

Susan Renshaw said...

Fabulous happy mail and gifts!
Susan #17

Kelly said...

Good morning, Doug. All I can say is 'you are blessed'. I've been absent but and so happy to see you here and sharing. The piece from Deb truly is art. I will bet that each time you look at it, you'll find something new. let those eyes do their thng. It's all part of the healing. Hugs & Blessings! Kelly #26

Mary Anne said...

Debbie is AMAZING at her art and that piece is stunning - my eyes would be leaking too! So glad you shared it. Had to laugh at the CTRL trio - best way to teach it to kids! In my grand tidy I came across and old 6" floppy disc with PC Write on it, and forgot to share it on my desk.... not too many deskers will appreciate it but I suspect you might!

Happy (Summer?) WOYWW - hope it wasn't here and gone!
Mary Anne (2)

The Hardy Stamper said...

How Lovely! The wolf art sums up you and Shaz to a T and is exquisitely made.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh my word Doug, I had something in my eye then, and a large ,ump in my throat. Your description of interpreting Debbie’s art is perfect, and I agree, what a wonderful piece she’s made. Also shows how you and Shaz are never far from any of us in thought. Isn’t Phil a good ‘un too, to deliver for you. Loving the velvet, what a lovely idea, another gorgeous set of memories, would have made me blub for sure!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

What a precious post. WOW that piece is truly beautiful. And what treasures of all the photos. I think of her most when in my crafty space, her posts and computer questions I had were no doubt you answering them. Thanks for your posts, It helps all of us a lot. Best Wishes for good weather and some return to normalcy in so many different areas of your life.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful collection, no wonder you couldn't take your eyes of them. Sending hugs, Angela x13x

Helen said...

I read this at work at lunchtime and nearly burst into tears - what a perfect, beautiful, gift from Debbie. I tried to comment at the time but for some reason my phone wouldn't let me. I am glad you got to go out with your brothers. Take care. stay safe. Helen #1

cuilliesocks said...

An awesome piece of art work Doug, I can well see why you would be emotional over it, i's beautifully created.
A wonderful idea of your Niece to get this throw made for you, just a lovely keepsake, Kate x

Empire of the Cat said...

What beautiful art and happy mail gifts. Happy WOYWW Elle #27, EOTC

roffeycreations said...

Hi Doug - my very first visit - and what a beautiful surprise for you from Deb. Just lovely - I hope it helps in both remembering the wonderful times you had with Shaz and healing the hurt. Stay safe & well - Cheers Maursxxx #12

Shoshi said...

What wonderful gifts you have received, Doug! The piece from Debbie is amazing, and I never knew you could print onto crushed velvet. That is brilliant. All such special things.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #11

Unknown said...

I absolutely love what Debbie made for you its so pretty and im soo happy you found somewhere for my gift to you it means a lot and means more you can see it all the time xxx lots of love xxx

Spyder said...

Lovely piece of wolf art. beautiful!
((Lyn))

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Sorry I missed this last week, Doug, I was AWOL. Came because of Julia's post today - that is a stunning piece of art from Debbie for sure and you can be sure she poured her whole heart into it. Very thoughful of Jo and Annie too to include you in the anniversary swap - Shaz would have loved to take part and wouldn't have missed it for the world! I have several of her lovely ATCs in my collection. The printed sheet with the photos draped over the chair is touching - and I always love your IT jokes! Take care xx

R's Rue said...

I love happy mail. Debbie created a masterpiece for you. Have a beautiful day friend. Hope all is well.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

i am giving this testimony cos l am happy My name is Mrs. Santana Valdez from Houston,taxes.i never believed in love spells or magic until i met this spell caster once. when i went to Canada in June 28th 2021 this year on a business summit. i meet a man called Dr Zuma zuk.He is powerful he could help you cast a spells to bring back my love's gone, misbehaving lover looking for some one to love you, bring back lost money and magic money spell or spell for a good job. i'm now happy & a living testimony cos the man i had wanted to marry left me 3 weeks before our wedding and my life was upside down cos our relationship has been on for 2 years. i really loved him, but his mother was against me and he had no good paying job. so when i met this spell caster, i told him what happened and explained the situation of things to him.. at first i was undecided, skeptical and doubtful, but i just gave it a try. and in 6 days when i returned to taxes, my boyfriend (is now my husband ) he called me by himself and came to me apologizing that everything had been settled with his mom and family and he got a new job interview so we should get married..i didn't believe it cos the spell caster only asked for my name and my boyfriends name and all i wanted him to do. well we are happily married now and we are expecting our little kid, and my husband also got a new job and our lives became much better. in case anyone needs the spell caster for some help, email address spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com Great Zuma zuk i thank you very much thank you in 1000000 times.. if not you i would have been losted and wasted thank you. Email Him Through his email address... spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com please make sure you contact him for any financial difficulties okay...What a powerful man such as Dr Zuma zuk.. he is so much powerful..\\ email him for any difficulties.. spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com His whatsapp +15068001647

SMITH CASH said...

I can't stop thanking Lord Zakuza for helping me bring back my girlfriend that left me for another man at her workplace.. I was shocked when she broke up with me and I needed help but everything I did to recover her back did not work. If not for the intervention of Lord Zakuza who I met online, I wouldn't have gotten back my girlfriend because Lord Zakuza prepared a love spell that brought her back to me within 48 hours. I love my girlfriend and I'm happy getting her back again. Thank you Lord Zakuza and I promise to share my experience with you to everybody so that anyone that needs help in any way can also get help too for you are a good and wonderful man that God has sent to help those who need help.. Here's his contact information just in case you need any help from him. WhatsApp/call number +1 (740) 573-9483 or Email: Lordzakuza7@gmail.com

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...