A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Swallowtail Tags

These came about as I wasn't happy with the colouring on one of my butterflies. It was the first one I tried, and got a few ink lines from not having the sponge folded properly.
I cut the image down to two tag shapes,positioning the wings to one side of the tag, which got rid of the centre piece, where the smudges were. I decided I would overstamp with the French Script stamp, in Versafine Black. What I didn't do was mask the butterfly first. This sort of did & didn't work. It worked well because the script appears to flow behind the butterfly, but didn't work as the black Versafine didn't wipe cleanly off the embossing. Probably would have worked better if I'd used a different colour.
 You can see its gone a little grey, but I decided I could live with it. I think if I'd have used a Purple to stamp the script, it wouldn't have been so noticeable. Oh well, we live & learn.













 I've added some butterfly die cuts to the one,  and haven't gone any further with the second yet. Just goes to show, there is often a way of retrieving mistakes before they get binned.




 Supplies:
Stampin Up Swallowtail Butterfly
Stampin Up French Script
 DI in Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord & Shaded Lilac
Versamark
White Embossing powder
Onyx Black Versafine
 Butterfly die cuts/punches



2 comments:

Rossella said...

Hi Shaz, you have had a lovely time playing haven't you?
This is a beautiful stamp and I like what you have done with it so far. I look forward to more
Rosie x

john-w said...

Hi! I'm new to WOYWW! Had a bit of a bad start with my website! Called myself pyro-jack, only to find out that it refers to a type of devil! Last thing I wanted to be associated with! Our God is amazing. His creation is so diverse, and your artwork shows that. Gorgeous! Have a good WOYWW, john-w #52

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...