A warm welcome to all my visitors,
Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. Please leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!
All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.
Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.
Thanks, Shaz XX
Rubber Art Stamping & Card Making.
Thursday, 16 February 2012
The base card is white Pearlescent, from PDA Card & Craft, which is where I buy the majority of my cardstock from. Good prices, excellent quality & choice and fast order turnaround, so whats not to like?
The ornate background was stamped in Encore Gold Pigment ink onto black pearlescent paper, and heat embossed with Gold detail powder. The stamp itself is called Large Swirl Frame Background, by Magenta, 26019-R.
This was matted onto white pearl card, then black card. Some Burgundy ribbon was tied around the left hand side, and tied in a bow. Then I mounted the panel onto the card blank, which was cut down to a square.
Next I added Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany to colour the white edges of the tag, and to swipe over the texture of the paper too.
I punched a hole in the top of the tag next,then used a hole re-inforcer, coloured Black with a Promarker, to finish it off. I also used the Promarker to colour inside the hole, to hide the white edge.
I got these from Wilkinsons, by the way. I thought they'd finish off tags I cut myself tags nicely.
Now I selected some Black & Burgundy paper flowers (Craft Creations),and cut the heads off the stems. I used the Black Promarker again to colour the green leaves black.
A dollop of silicone glue next, and some small pieces of ribbon pressed into it, then the flower heads on top of them.
The Black & White heart is I believe, a freebie from Craft Stamper some time ago. I stamped it in Versafine Onyx Black onto a scrap of the pearl white card, then added a couple of layers of UTEE. I put an acrylic block on it overnight to flatten it, after the UTEE had cooled down. I added it to the tag with some more silicone glue, so I could angle it slightly. A small length of black organza ribbon threaded through the tag, then finally I added it to the front of the card with some sticky tabs for dimension.