A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 8 November 2020

Christmas Card Club Challenge #23- Use Stencils.

Hello ladies, and here we are with Rachels choice for this Challenge, to use Stencils.


My stencil is from Sweet poppy, and is called Mistletoe Tree. I made my own glitter stencil paste, using Translucent paste and mixing in a pale green glitter. This is a really good way of glittering stencils, as you get all the glitter, but because it's mixed into the paste, there is no shedding. It's also way cheaper than buying small pots of pre-made glitter paste!

The sentiment is back to me using up my peel off stash, added to a thin die cut label. 
 I added a few half pearls to some of the design.
 And thats my contribution for this challenge.

Not sure how many cards I have now, but suspect I'm well into next years supply!


11 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

What a great mistletoe tree Shaz. And an excellent tip to make your own coloured glitter paste. Far more economical - meaning more money to spend on other goodies ... lol. Hugs Shaz x

dutchess said...

That’s a gorgeous stencil Shaz and I love your idea of making your own glitter paste...I have just thrown away lots of pots that have gone solid....
Take care xxx

Rita said...

Three beautiful cards Shaz. Love the colours of the glitters and paste mixed. Like you I have too many now but I’ll give some to the local hospice as the patients there can’t get out and they do love choosing a few cards. I’ll need to check this year as maybe they’re not accepting cards under the circumstances. Enjoy your Evening. Hugs Rita xxxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Shaz
Stunning card ,....love that sweet Poppy Stencil ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Mrs A. said...

That is a lovely stencil that you have used. I didn't have anything suitable to use but i am liking all the ones used in this weeks theme. maybe i should invest in some!! Hugs Mrs A.

Kyla said...

ooh lovely stencil, so simple yet so effective. Just seen your tidy desk update!!! Glad I was sat down for that photo ;-)

Hope the tablets have kicked in and your starting to feel better again.
take care
kyla

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, your cards are beautiful and that's a great tip for using glitter too. Hugs, x

rachel said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz - love that stencil and how clever of you to make your own paste! Fabulous! Hugs rachel xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Super cards Shaz, love that stencil and your glittery mistletoe trees.
Lorraine

Zoe Tant said...

What a gorgeous stencil. Love how you've created these pretty CAS cards Shaz. Thanks for the idea. Keep safe Zoe x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Shaz, that's a beautiful stencil and I love the idea of making your own glitter paste,must give it a go. Hope you are keeping well and safe Kate x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...