A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Saturday 16 May 2020

Christmas Card Club Challenge #10- Door/Window

Well, I'm here, a week late, but my monitor giving up the ghost basically turned my PC into a giant paperweight! So, Margaret chose this theme, and she'd like to see Doors or Windows featuring on our cards. I knew exactly what I wanted to do, and also that I didn't have any door/window dies, but I did have cutting files for my Silhouette. Which was when my monitor decided it had had enough.
When my new one arrived, I cut out the Gothic Arch window, and the Glowing Candles Memory Box die. I also realised the 'stained glass window' effect I wanted was going to show through the candles, so I grabbed all the waste off my cutting table to stick back in place.
 To back the windows, I used some sheets created long ago, using the 'Caught in Crystal' technique. I've linked to my original blog post about their creation, in case you don't know the technique.
I had to wait for them to stick and flatten, as you can see some had gotten a bit curled over time.
 These were ready for attaching to the window cut outs.






And this is after they stuck and flattened out.




 Stuck them down onto 6" card bases, after matting the card front- I changed the green one later, as I didn't like the narrow border, and also realised I'd not kept track of which window went on which card, as the one I used on it had no green in it at all!











 Next stage was to add the candles in front of the window, and some yellow Liquid Pearls for the candle flame.







Final addition was a sentiment peel off.
This one shows a little of the glitter added to the window background.

11 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Shaz
Stunning cards ....
I completed forgot last week ...thought it was tomorrow ...
Hope you are well
Hugs Sylvie xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are gorgeous cards Shaz, a lovely effect with the stained glass window. Glad your new monitor is working fine, these things are sent to try us.
Lorraine

Christine Harrop said...

Fabulous effect with the stained glass window. I love that gothic arch window. I have two different window dies but I think I must look for something like this. Glad youxare up and running again. Christine

dutchess said...

Beautiful stained glass effect of your windows Shaz....
Glad your technology is now up and running what is life like with out it.....take care xxx

cuilliesocks said...

WOW Shaz what stunning cards, love the background on the windows, a wonderful design, and the candles in front of the arched window is brilliant, absolutely love them all, thank for your visit to my Instagram, it was a lovely surprise to see you there,Kate x x

Mrs A. said...

These are brilliant Shaz. I never even gave church stained glass windows a thought. Glad you have your pc sorted out now. Hugs Mrs A.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

Rita said...

Such beautiful cards Shaz. Love them. Hugs Rita xxx

Linda Simpson said...

These are stunning cards Shaz.
Hugs
Linda xxx

scrappymo! said...

These are so gorgeous, Shaz. I love this technique!

I am going to look thru my dies to see if I have anything to try this out with!

Glad to hear you are back up and running! It is such a drag to have technical issues.

We are having a few days of rain starting today so I am having a crafty day inside. I feel like putting clean PJ's on after my shower and lazing around all day....but my husband would die of shock!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz, love them. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...