A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 21 November 2012

WOYWW #181

 I can't believe its Wednesday again- where do these weeks go? I really must start some Christmas shopping soon, I think. Welcome to this weeks Workdesk wander, courtesy of our charming hostess, Julia of The Stamping Ground.
                   This fridge magnet sums up what is on my workdesk this week, along with every other surface in the house- even poor old Ambrose if he lies still long enough, and being a cat, lying still is possibly what he does best. He definitely gets in enough practice to be World Class anyway.
 And why do I have such a dusty house, you ask? Apart from not doing any housework?
                                       



                                               The reason is here:
This is the ceiling.Well, part of it anyway. And yes, it is on the floor.






 This is where it used to be:

This is Beloved Hubbys current project, my new craft room. Which was my youngest son's bedroom, until he moved out. So the room is being redecorated,( for redecorated, read renovated!) and needs some plastering. Actually now it needs a LOT of plastering! Seriously though, that ceiling has been up for a hundred years plus, plaster on lath, and in places it seemed a bit loose. So its all coming down to be replaced with plasterboard.
This was just as he started. I did think that if he'd strapped the vacuum cleaner to his back, it would A) have made him look even more like a Ghostbuster, and B) meant he could have cleaned up as he went along. I didn't think it wise to voice that thought, though. And yes, Hublet, I can see you looking over your glasses at me as you read this, :)

 Been some interesting stuff  here, not least of all the old gas pipes in the wall from when the houses all had gas lamps,
and the Lead weights from when there were sash windows fitted were still inside the wall.






This is Hubby trying to hide the tide mark on his forehead from the goggles. My current room isn't blue, by the way, it has a fluorescent light in it, and I have to keep changing the settings on the camera between rooms! You can also see the old  bedspread pinned over the door to try (unsuccessfully, I might add) to stop the dust escaping.


I have been getting round to some Christmas cards as well, and here they are part way through.
The fronts, anyway, as they are to be easel cards.





Final round off, you remember I posted earlier in the year that we were re-doing our bedroom? had a new roof to the house, and our bedroom ceiling raised. Well, it finally got finished, apart from one or two little details, and this is what it was:




And this is what it looks like now:


  
Well, I shall schedule this post, and see if Mr Linky is up and awake before I go to work at 5.30( that is just such a stupid time to have to go out), and I will be back to visit this afternoon. Have a great Wednesday folks, see you later!
 Had this urge to write Catch you later, Dudes!then, (watched Bill & Ted again recently, lol.)

22 comments:

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh lots going on in your house at the moment! hope its all sorted soon - I lost my craft room to my OH as he wanted a study so I am now camped in the dining room! Not seen Bill & Ted for years - quite fancy watching it now. Thanks for visiting me and have a lovely week.

House of Bears said...

Goodness you've still managed to craft despite all that work going on. When Cedric was decorating our bedroom and lounge we found it really difficult to organise ourselves into any crafting.

Thanks for visiting the bears today. :)

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - that's some major works going on in your house there... but if it turns out as beautifully as the bedroom, it'll be worth all the dust! Thanks for your visit and happy WOYWW!
Alison x

Jenny Marples said...

Boy are you guys busy! Should be great when it's done though. Thanks for dropping by. Happy WOYWW, hugs Buttons #77

JoZart Designs said...

What an upheaval but it will be worth it just like your lovely bedroom is now that it's complete. Amazing that amidst all this there are a couple of gorgeous cards!!
Hope you are straight soon....
Jo x
Great your angel has arrived.. .don't forget to let me know the name of the one you were drawn for when i post it.

Shoshi said...

Wow, that's fantastic! How amazing your bedroom looks. Just think, one day soon, your new craft room will look just as super! What a great hubby you have - love the pic of him enjoying a well deserved cuppa! Living in a building site isn't pleasant and however hard you try, the dust gets everywhere, doesn't it, and there's that lovely experience of grit in everything you eat... Never mind, soon be over.

Thanks for your lovely commnent and I'm glad you like my cards. My desk apart from that is in a pretty boring state - nothing on it.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #85

fairy thoughts said...

Wow your hublet would give my handyman a run for his money in the renovating stakes. your bedroom is an amazing transformation. Look forward to seeing your craft room
thanks for sharing
janet #31

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Blimey, that's the largest Work in Progress I've seen today! If it's as successful as your beautiful bedroom, then you will be crafting in style in the future!!
Hugs, LLJ #36 xx

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Shaz you certainly picked a winner with your very clever and talented Hublet:) Wish he could have taught my DH! Fab bedroom and you will have a fab craft room when he has finished but the dust does get everywhere - that magnet says it all and it is what I used to tell our children :)
Love the cards and love your new blog header.
Lynn x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Can't believe you've managed to make Christmas cards with all that going on. Your bedroom looks lovely. Thanks for visiting mine, Chris91

okienurse said...

love all the work going on around you house. Isn't it great to get it finished. I haven't felt well enough to start the tiling but...soon. Thanks for visiting my desk! Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #2

Unknown said...

Fabulous works in progress there, thanks for sharing the pics. Will be waiting to see the new completed craft room when it's done - lucky you.
Nearly forgot say, the cards look fabulous too.
Thanks for visiting me already too.
Cheers, Elaine #35

Nan G said...

Wow quite the reno going on! Want to send him over to my house? LOL Hugs Nan 93

Neet said...

Your "Hublet" as you called him must be good at renovations to tackle something like that. Evidence in what he did in your bedroom too. Fab job he made of it! Love the cards you did.
Hugs and Thanks for visiting me, Neet 47 (one day I will be early instead of playing catch up) x

Neil said...

Good morning, I'm a day late but am trying to pop on by and say hi to everyone this week! Wow, lots going on but I'm sure that when you move into your new craft room it'll all be worth it!
Neil#34

Helen said...

Wowza, some huge re-organisation here!! How lovely that you have a hubby to help you - is he free anytime soon do you think?!! I have a few jobs....lol! Have a great week. Helen, 9

Elizabeth said...

Oh gosh, I wouldn't like to be you right now - I'm the world's worst when it comes to coping with disruption ... in fact, the EM has even considered sending me off to a hotel when he has been deep in handyman mode! Still, when you eventually get settled into your lovely new craft room it will all be worth it.

Oh, and I'm definitely one of life's squirrels. I did find a storage system that suits me and all those bits of paper are now filed away - for now :)

Hope you had a good WOYWW. Elizabeth x #112

sandra de said...

Ohhh lots happening at your house. Love what you have done with the bedroom. Looking forward to seeing how your craft room evolves. At least your DH thought to wear protective clothing before he started.
Sandra @18

Kyla said...

Lovely bedroom...proof that it will be all worth it for the craft room (but plaster dust....ooh, hate it! Gets everywhere!!).

Happy WOYWW and thanks for visitng me already

kyla #17

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo there Shaz,
I love your step by step transition that have been and one to be!! great job by your treasure of a husband that is for sure. And thanks fr sharing your great cards too - off to peek down below..
Many thanks for popping over and for sharing ~ Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #1

Laurart said...

The bedroom is amazing and I am sure your craftroom will be as well. Can't wait to see it. I am sure it will be worth the mess. Happy WOYWW xxx Laura #51

Laura said...

Thanks for dropping by.
I think I might just go mad living with that much dust!
Catch you next week Dude!! :D
Laura 87

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...