A warm welcome to all my visitors,
Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. Please leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!
All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.
Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.
Thanks, Shaz XX
Sunday, 6 May 2012
Spring Flowers - Craft A Scene for May
When building a scene, I like to lay out my scene first, using images I have stamped onto transparency film with Staz-on.
I bought my pack of film from Staples, as you can see, they also do one for inkjet printers, which is slightly ribbed on one side to hold the ink. Either works fine for this, and you can use it for so many other things too- making stencils & masks with die cuts for instance.
So to begin, I punched out the windows in a piece of white card(4 1/4x5 3/4”) using a 1 3/8 punch. I only cut the top two, and the right hand two, stamped my Bluebell image( Chocolate Baroque) in Black Versafine, then heat embossed with clear detail powder. I used one of the punched out squares to draw around for the final two windows, and cut out around the bluebell with a scalpel.The image was coloured with Promarkers .
Next I started playing with a choice of images:
You can see how it gives you the opportunity to move things around, and I could also place my Window on top, and see what the finished picture would look like. I chose to go with the last image, with the Oak Branch, and no mountains.
Now I get all my stuff together:
Stamp Positioner……………. Stampscapes Stamps and ………Espresso inkpad, Pine Needles Distress inkpads & pen.
I didn’t want to use the Black inkpad in the end, and decided I would colour directly onto the stamps as much as possible, and add some more colour at the end.
I used the Espresso inkpad for the church, then used Pine Needles Distress pad for the trees. I went in with the pen to get the trees coloured right up to the chapel,and as you can see from the image above, I tried a few inkpad combos first. This was stamped in the middle of a piece of white card.
I used the stamp positioner to place the winding path, Oak Branch and Two trees images after, following my layout.
This is the finished picture cut down to size. I sponged in Green Adirondack inks to the grass,and a mix of Cloudy Blue & Sailboat blue for the sky.I added a sprinkling of wild flowers to the grass, using a couple of stamps that come on U/M Nature Sheet #4. They are the two little stamps you can see at the top of the Stamps picture. For this I used Sunshine Yellow, Sunset Orange and Red Pepper. I used the same two stamps to add the pink blossom to the Oak Branch, but this time I used Pink Sugar Distress pad, then went in again with Worn Lipstick. I added a little Espresso to the Church with a waterbrush.
By stamping the Oak Branch at the top, it helps to create a feeling of perspective in the scene, and I matted the image behind the window using a double layer of foam pads, to add to the depth.
On my Stampscapes page I go into this method in a bit more depth, and show how to make scenes that look very different from each other, even using the same stamps.