A warm welcome to all my visitors,
Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. Please leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!
All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.
Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.
Thanks, Shaz XX
Sunday, 20 May 2012
Craft A Scene, Spring Flowers Tags
I ended up with a pair of tags from my original scene- the second isn’t really a scenic image, it was actually what was left over after I cut out the first tag, but I thought it was too pretty to discard.
The grasses, Black Cat and birds are all from Inkylicious. The Hedgerows are by Hobby Art, a set called ‘In The Country’.
It has hedgerows, fences, a bridge, couple of buildings etc.
The tall red flower on the second tag is from set by Chocolate Baroque,( formerly Graphicus/Elusive Images).The DL sized sheet is called ‘Autumn Hedgerow’, and has both outline & silhouette versions of the stamps.
I brayered a piece of card with a variety of blue & green Adirondack inks, and stamped the grasses along the bottom in Adirondack Meadow. The taller flowers and grasses were stamped as a second impression, just to make them a little lighter. I added colour to them with Tims new Distress markers. I also stamped a little flowers stamp, from Lavinia Stamps, in Fired Brick & Festive Berries Distress Inks,randomly in the grass.
The cat was stamped in Black Archival ink, and then I cut out the tag shape. I think he looks as though he is watching something crawling on or in the grass! The Hobby Art set is a clear polymer stamp, so I could bend the hedgerow stamp on my block to get a more natural shape, and I stamped it twice, to edge the field, then added a third one coming off that to create a second field. Looking at it, as the hedgerow is just lines & squiggles, you could adapt that by colouring in browns/greys and turn it into drystone walls, I think. Final touch was a couple of bird flock stamps from an Inkylicious birds set, called Take Flight. I punched a hole in the tag and added some green fibres, and used blue & red fibres in the second one.