A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Saturday 16 June 2012

Craft A Scene- A Little Sand & Sea

Shaz- June 17
Back to using digi-stamps, this time from Make It Crafty. Called Tropical Beach, the image is the shoreline, palm trees, sea & clouds, with a couple of shells on the beach. The Ship in the background is a ‘real’ stamp, as is the Travel,Explore, Discover phrase. Most of the colouring on the image was done with Promarkers, with a little sponging on the sky.
The torn map is a stamp by Stamp & Go, called Antique Maps, SIFS65, a sheet of u/m stamps that has 3 large maps, 3 small and some ships.
To give you an idea of size, the largest map is just under 6"x4". Its a really good set for mens cards, I find.

Full map sheet

  The map was stamped onto an alcohol inked background with Black Staz-on, then torn & the edges inked with Distress Ink Vintage Photo. The starfish charm is a jewellery embellishment, and the compass was cut out with my Silhouette and patted with Vintage Photo and a Copper Embossing ink, then had some Copper Embossing powder and some Black embossing Powder sprinkled randomly on before heating. I covered a base card with some vintage travel themed paper, then added the Sea & sand image. The map was matted on with some foam tabs and the two embellishments added with silicone glue. I added the phrase with Cracked Sapphire Distress ink, then added the dots either end with the Distress Marker in the same colour.

9 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A fabulous scene Shaz, and so much gorgeous detail to look at - the combination of digis and rubber stamps works perfectly together. Fabulous colouring and inking too.
Sylvia x

May said...

Stunning scene.. Love it!! the stamping is just perfect love the colouring & design.. Hugs May x x x

Eliza said...

Oh such a lot of work and it looks great, love how you have layered the pieces, it looks much bigger than it really is. Lovely olde world maps too. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great crafting week
Eliza #65
www.queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au

Please use this link when replying or the stamping Ground blog link.

Anna-Karin said...

Awesome card! Love the addition of the torn map and the scene and colouring are wonderful. TFS!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah there Shaz do love this card and all the deets great affect with the map stamp thanks for sharing , Shaz in oz.x

Jennipher said...

Very unique card!

Unknown said...

Awesome work!!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Shaz, you are as bad as me at this blogging thing. I am assuming that life is rather hectic still with you. I know you are still in splints (well, the house is). How are things going? xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Shaz, wondering how you are and hope all is well in your part of the world - God bless and lots of blog hugs, Shaz in oz.x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...