A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 18 February 2018

Christmas Card Club Challenge-Reindeer

  This fortnights challenge was set by Zoe,and is for Reindeer.
 My first card features a Reindeer by Tim Holtz, a Movers & Shapers die. It's cut from a dark brown glitter paper, and if I ever use it again, I'm going to cover it with a coat of clear embossing powder! It sheds like nothing on earth!
 I cut a selection of snowflakes from a sheet of white linen card, and then backed that with some light blue glitter paper. Then I decided to add the snowflake die cuts back, just coming in from the edges. The A5 card base was covered with some Christmas backing paper- which strangely enough also has reindeer on it- it was just the closest paper I had to the colour of the one behind the snowflakes.


 The next one  ended up with a bit of paper piecing. Simply because I used some of the silver glitter paper that can be coloured that I bought from Pink Frog Crafts and Cards, that I got at the NEC last year. It does colour fine, but I didn't realise the Promarkers would be a little slow to dry, and ended up with green fingerprints on the central snow section. Then I cut another white piece to go behind the reindeer, and a dark blue piece to go behind the trees.
 The die is one of the Cheap from China dies.



 I added a small acrylic gem to the centre of each snowflake. I covered the A5 card base with a silver snowflake patterned paper, then matted the picture on foam pads.

14 comments:

dutchess said...

Two super card Shaz...love that TH deer....think I have that one too....enjoy the rest of the weekend xxxx

scrappymo! said...

Love that bold T Holtz glittered deer. I know what you mean about some glitter card shedding. I always wear random dots of glitter on my face for days after!
I like the way you inset the blue glitter paper behind the cut away snowflakes and great idea to reuse the waste snowflakes too

The second card, has a great die. I have not ordered any directly from China yet, but a lady in my area imports them and resells them with a modest markup. I have just picked up my first ever order and look forward to using them.
This second card is very pretty and has a peaceful feel.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two gorgeous reindeer cards, love the shape of the TH reindeer, must put this on my wish list.
Lorraine

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh nice work gal. I fobbed my glitter paper off on a brownie group for exactly this reason, hated it. Trouble is, it looks great! And we’ll done, I’ve put my Christmas stamps away so there’s no danger of me using them in a year round challenge. I know this because MeBart spent last weekend tidying up in our loft room and I cannot for the life of me find them, or two other boxes I thought I might check on!!!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Shaz
Fabulous cards... Love your china Die ... I bought a couple of dies from them so cheap...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Gorgeous cards! I LOVE glitter 😍😍😍
Hugs LLJ xxx

Zoe Tant said...

Super cards Shaz. I love the shimmer of the second and what a great die to use to bring in so many festive elements. Hugs Zoe x

Carol said...

Two super cards Shaz, love your die on the second one. Carol x

Mrs A. said...

I'm with you on the glitter card.It still goes everywhere. Love that second card though. Hugs Mrs A.

rachel said...

Two fabulous cards Shaz - I am of course biased and love the Tim one best of all - glittery gorgeousness! Hugs rachel x

cuilliesocks said...

Oh two wonderful creations Shaz, love the glitter deer,and the die scene is gorgeous. I love that these much cheaper dies cut so well,as I find the hugely expensive SW and SB don't. Have you tried the dies that the Works sell, cheap as chips and cut beautifully, Kate x x

MaryH said...

This TH deer is one of the most graceful I've seen, and looks just splendid here with the icy snowflakes drifting down. Such a pretty card. Love the effect you've achieved with your 'cheapie' forest trees and glittered blue sky too. Good buy, I'd say. I love the deer standing quietly with the snow hills behind them. A very peaceful scene. (if you've ever used the Ritz Glitter by Els, that does not flake off after you've burnished it). Well done, Shaz, and hope you are doing well. TFS & Hugs

Christine Harrop said...

Two great cards Shaz and that deer die is super. Hope you are well. Christine x

Aimeslee Winans said...

More card gorgeousness! I can relate to the glitter, I like it but it doesn't like me! Thank goodness for Stickles, xoxo

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...