A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 15 November 2017

WOYWW #441

Yes, it's Wednesday again. Where are these weeks going? Time to pop over to Julias place, The Stamping Ground, and add your link to the best blog hop there is!
I've been playing with stencils & paste again, with the intention of doing some more foiling on some of them. I'll probably do a few more before I do that though.
 Of those in the picture, the snowflakes have a multiple of blue glitter EP on them, the bottom one is another Tim Holtz stencil( so was the snowflakes) , this one has blue through purple glitter on it.
 The white snowflakes are done with a White Sparkle Puffy Powder from Stampendous.



I like the idea, but not the order I used the EP in. I'll try it again, but swap the order round.



This one worked better.






This is the white puffy one, I stood it up so the light would show the dimension better.
 You can see along the top where my 'Low Tack' tape wasn't so low tack! Good job it'll be trimmed down.





I picked this up in Tesco yesterday. I saw it last week, on BJ's desk, I think, and kept an eye out for it.
 The two penguins are, indeed, adorable.



So thats me done, I'm doing this Tuesday afternoon and scheduling, as my desk won't change tonight.
 For starters, Doug doesn't work nights anymore, so we have the evening together, which is lovely. I used to do my blog post after he'd left for work, and have to keep remembering I don't have that time now. It's lovely that he's off nights, we get to spend more time together, and he doesn't have to have an afternoon nap on a Sunday, then stay up all night to get back into his shift/sleep pattern.
Then, tonight we are off out to see Alice Cooper at the Arena, Birmingham. I've been a fan of his since the 70's- had all his stuff back then. We saw him about 4 years ago, and he was great.
Amusing story about Alice Cooper- like I said I was a fan of his back in the 70's, and had all his Vinyl LP's, as they were back then. During the late 80's, early 90's, he dropped out of sight for a while.  Anyway, my Eldest son Ant came in from college one evening, raving about this great new band I was going to love. It was, of course, Alice, and the single was Poison. You should have seen his face when I said, oh you mean THIS Alice Cooper, showing the aforementioned Vinyl!

And finally seen on Facebook yesterday.........................

26 comments:

Annie said...

Hope you really enjoyed Alice....I saw your pic on Facebook this morning.
As for the funny of the week here’s my version.....If you walk a mile in my shoes....that would be the furthest they will have walked for years 😂😂😂😂
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Shaz, glad you and Doug are getting to spend more time together in the daylight. Hope you both enjoy Alice and the rest of the concerts you've got lined up. Thanks for the EP share. Happy WOYWW Sarah #10

lisa said...

Love the look of those snowflakes, Shaz, they look really raised and glittery.
You must so enjoy having Doug home in an evening. My Sister and her Hubby work different hours, him nights, she days and they cross like ships in the night, it wouldn't do for me. Hope you enjoy Alice!!
Hugs Lisax #12

sandra de said...

Lovely to hear you get to spend some evening time with your dear heart. Enjoy the Alice Cooper concert... such a blast from the past. I like the EB snowflakes and the beautiful scroll pattern.
sandra de @4

Diana Taylor said...

Love your glittery snowflakes and swirls - I can see me ending up with a big pile of mixed glitter (my plasticine was always one big lump of khaki!).
Hope you enjoy Alice, have a great week,
Diana x #17

Ellie said...

Hey!
Really enjoyed seeing the mix of embossing powders. Have a fantastic week.
Ellie#19

Zoe Tant said...

Wow very sparkly snowflakes Shaz. Love them. Zoe x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Ooooh, I love everything you've done this week - the swirly stuff, the colours, the sparkle - all cracking (as they say around these parts, lol!). I'm so glad that you and Doug have a bit more time together, G and I have really been enjoying that too, even doing mundane things like the decorating together makes it go quicker! Great to see that Alice was on top form last night as well :-D
Hugs LLJ 15 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. Trust the concert was good - and that you are really enjoying your evenings with Doug. How wonderful for him not to be continually on nights any more!! Great experiments with all that embossing powder! It's all looking good.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Cheetarah said...

Those snowflakes look amazing! And such a funny story indeed! Hope you had a great time at the concert :) Happy WOYWW! xox Cheetarah #28

StampinCarol said...

Just love the snowflakes and the swirls! Gorgeous! Great looking penguins, too! Hope you have a great time seeing Alice! I was never a fan but he was popular in my high school days, I was more into country then. And how did you get the SAVE pinterest button on your pics??
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Carol N #23

Elizabeth said...

Loving all your experiments with the different coloured EPs, Shaz. Mixing them up is very effective. After me saying I don't buy many magazines these days, I now have to admit I have the one with the penguin dies as well. I blame BJ too and those penguins were just too cute to miss. I did laugh at your story about your son and Alice. We're of the generation that is experiencing that with our children because the acts and groups that were popular in our day have stuck around and made amazing comebacks Glad you enjoyed the show - there's nothing to beat a live performance. Have a great week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #24

Neet said...

I know someone who is "Alice" crazy, she goes to all his concerts from what I can gather. You enjoy yours.
Love the snowflakes you have done and it is interesting to read the experimentation that went into your crafting. The other stencil is simply gorgeous too. As are the little penguins - what a find!
Take care, enjoy
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, I bet Doug is so pleased not to be doing nights. My father worked three shifts when I was a child so I kind of thought it was normal to only see your occasionally but it's not easy, guess it's just what some people have to do. Alice Cooper has a brilliant sense of humour, he's so entertaining whether he's singing or not. I love your experiments too, sorry got distracted Lol! Have a great time at the concert and happy woyww, Angela x11x

Shoshi said...

Hi Shaz, so glad you and Doug are able to spend more time together now. You will need to reorganise your time so you get your crafting in, though! I love your textured and sparkly snowflakes. Really cool, and fun to experiment in this way. Thank you for your visit and I'm glad you enjoyed seeing our kitten antics - the cone of shame (lampshade!) was a definite no-no for Ruby but she's adapted to the suit very well - Lily seems a bit subdued in hers but isn't trying to get out of it. Hopefully they'll be back to normal soon. So glad you like my socks too! I'm really enjoying knitting socks again after so many years, and hope I get time to make several pairs before this lovely appeal comes to an end, but then I expect they will go on wanting them after it's over!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #9

Sue said...

Hi Shaz, More new stash to keep you out of mischief;)

Really like the purple glitter design.

Love the 'In my shoes' thingy:)

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #18

Stacy Sheldon said...

that is so fun that you share your love of music, and I bet his face was priceless when he seen your record cover too Shaz. YAY for more together time! I love the texture of those white snowflakes, well all of them really but, the white ones look so textured. ~Stacy #30

Annie Claxton said...

Heheheh your Alice Cooper story made me chuckle :o) Lovely to see your stencilling experiments, I especially love the one with the glitter and the swirly pattern, gorgeous! Annie C #20

Monica said...

Everything old is New Again. So now you are ahead of the youngsters. You will soon adjust to the new timetable and it should make for an easier life,
Great desk as ever.
Monica #26 i think

Julia Dunnit said...

Really glad to hear about Doug's new work day, what a great change for you both. Love the positivity of it. I wondered to myself about holidays being used up when I saw on FB about the next few concerts you'd booked! I suspect also that Doug is happier to be on days in terms of keeping an eye on you too. After all, you need eyes in your backside to do that!!!! Love the puffy snowflakes, they worked really well without losing detail, very clever. Lovely stencil. Finally decided that stencils dont feature in my stash so much because...I cant be bothered! Terrible revelation!!

Cara said...

Mol img your creations this week. I hope you had an amazing time at the gig x

Lindart said...

I love the white puffy snowflakes! Must try that! It's so much fun to experiment, isn't it? As far as Alice goes, he had (has?) a Saturday night radio show on CBC that we used to listen to all the time - he has such a lovely voice! Ive never seen him in person though - hope you had a wonderful time with him! Thanks for your earlier visit, have a great week! Lindart #25

BJ said...

Super glitter work and love the puffy white snowflakes. Yep I think it must have been my desk as I have the penguin too. Cold so much better this week, foot still sore and hot flashes are getting interesting. Thanks for the visit BJ#7

misteejay said...

Lovely embossed pieces Shaz.
Sounds like you will be able to do so much more together now Doug is finished with nights.
Hope you enjoyed the concert.
Toni xx

Kyla said...

I loved your Alice Cooper story, my hubby saw him in '87 and LOVED him too. I loved his 6music show too when he used to do it.

Great that Doug doesn't work nights anymore, much easier to go to gigs :-)

Thanks for visiting my desk already
Kyla

Christine said...

Thanks for your visit earlier, I did visit you on Wednesday but got distracted by the 'die link' .....
I cheated with the bulbs as I dug trenches down the garden and then placed the bulbs in and covered them over - interesting to see what happens next year!!!
Pleased to hear that Doug has made the changeover to days, sad about you having less crafting time but think of all the films you can watch together!!!
Christine #33

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...