A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 12 July 2017

WOYWW 423

First thing this week is an ATC I received  last week, from Anne at Copper Beech Crafts. Love the colour, and the stamp. Smashing card that came with it too.



 Right, this desk shot is going to be a bit of a shocker. All of those joining us from The Stamping Ground will find this hard to believe.😲








I decided it needed a complete clear up, and cleaning- I had a few rainbow stripes at times, as stray Brusho crystals got activated!
But as we are off on our holibobs tomorrow, I thought it ought to be done. So that's what it's going to look like for the next 10 days, but I'm sure it won't last past us getting home again.






There has been some stuff done in the last week- that canvas I was working on is very almost finished- these are some wooden pieces I wanted to add.



Sprayed with a mix of Dylusions and Distress sprays, and a Cosmic Shimmer pearl one for good measure.










I'd added some paste through a Tim Holtz stencil.







Then stuck down my various pieces using Glossy Accents. Apart from the clock face- that has silicone glue so the spinner will still turn.


I'm just going to add some runs from the top with diluted ink once this is all dry, and then I think I'll call it done.



Well that's it, I'll be round to visit as many people as I can today, and I shan't be joining you next week, but I'll be back the week after.



I'm sure this will make a few of our WOYWWers laugh!

23 comments:

Helen said...

wow, such a clean desk! Love the canvas you're working on..
Have a great holiday, hope you have a fun relaxing time. See you soon! Helen #?

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope you have a good holiday. Great canvas; those Visible Image stamps are on my wish list. Happy WOYWW Sarah #?

Claire said...

Love the cartoon!
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire no. 4

Annie said...

Hope you both have a great holiday. Love the canvas.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Ha, that cartoon made me snigger! The canvas is great, I really like what you've done with it..the colours, textures and patterns all work incredibly well. I hope you have a wonderful holiday, you deserve it. Btw, I've featured a special cake on my blog today that is right up your alley :-D
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Christine said...

What a shock! Have had to go and lie down for a bit! If it makes the holiday more enjoyable .... all I can say is well done.
Absolutely love that canvas .... lost for words in admiration.

Have a good holiday both
Christine #14

May said...

That poor wee clean desk is going to miss it's owner whilst your away... so organised. Love the ATC... and card... Beautiful... your canvas is amazing the texture, stamping, colours... Brilliant... Love the thought of some inky runs on it...Most important have a wonderful wee holiday... enjoy every second... see you soon... May#13
Love the joke it really made me laugh out loud...

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

That's a great canvas, Shaz! Good that you remembered the moving part of the clock - I probably would have forgotten and glued it down! I've used similar gears in my art and you know what my hubby said? He said they can't work that way, cause they would jam - as if we would care LOL! A man's perspective on the world is very different from ours! Enjoy your hols - we'll miss you next week! Tell us all about it when you're back! Thanks for visiting earlier! zsuzsa #17

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, I could do with several of those patches Lol! very funny. Oooooh! holiday lovely, hope you have a great time. I so love those stamps which reminds me I have a project to finish with them. It's no good I have to mention the desk, was trying to pretend I hadn't noticed..... very tidy! but it's not compulsory is it Lol! cos I don't think it will happen here! Have a good woyww and happy crafty week, Angela x12x

Neet said...

Smile (at your cartoon).
Love the canvas - gorgeous blue shades within it.
Well Shaz, you and Doug have a brilliant holiday - enjoy the feeling of sunshine on your face and whatever else; have a cocktail or two for me and just chillax.
Hugs & Thanks for visiting me
Neet 1 xx

Cheetarah said...

Beautiful canvas and blue is my fave color :) A clean desk for new possibilities! Have a great week! Xo Cheetarah WOYWW #19
Contemplations of a Kitty

Lindart said...

I LOVE that canvas!!! And I love made-up words, holibob is an awesome one! Have a great holibob, and have LOTS of fun! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #31

StampinCarol said...

Sometimes a clean desk in an inspiration! LOL! I had to think about your work, holibobs. Very cool! And I love your canvas! The stencil paste is great on it! Great joke, too! Have a great time on your holibob and catch you in a couple weeks!
Carol N #24

Cara said...

Tidying up!!? Not sure what that means, certainly not something that's known here! Your canvas is looking fab. Hope you have a fabulous relaxing holiday x

Twiglet said...

Ha ha - where can I get a patch!! Have a fab holiday. xxx Jo

Sharon Madson said...

Lovely ATC; that is one of my favorite images. Wish I had it. :). Great mixed media project. And I don't sew, but it is funny. Thanks for sharing. #28

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, lovely clear desk. I'd love to mess it up for you while you are away ... it really wouldn't be a problem, I'm an expert mess maker. Lovely canvas - great steampunk style. I can think of a few WOYWWers who would fit that funny :) Have a wonderful holiday. Hugs, Elizabeth x #25

PS: I was thinking of getting a table of my own but the keyboard could be a problem for my arthritic hands.

Bernice said...

Enjoy your holidays - nice to have such a tidy desk to come home to!
Bernice #20

Hazel said...

Lol! at the patch! Love your blue crafting - Hazel WOYWW 36 x

Dorlene Durham said...

Clean desk...unheard of! LOL That comic had me literally LOL!! I have to share it with one of my sewing friends. Have a great week! Dorlene #30

Jan said...

You desk looks so organised. Happy WOYWW xx Jan (26)

Kyla said...

Cleaning 😮😮...glad you off on holiday as I would need a rest after that!!! Hope you have a lovely time X

lisa said...

Love your canvas Shaz, the detail is great. Have a happy holybobs, we are off too!! See you soon
Hugs Lisax #17

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...