A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Friday 23 September 2016

Die Cut Baubles Christmas Cards #1

As the title implies, there are a few cards made with these Bauble die cuts.
 In fact, these particular ones came about  as a result of me  die cutting baubles for another card. I saw the 'negative' shape left behind, and thought 'hmm, I can work with that idea'.


And so I have another 6 cards for my Christmas stash.

Eagle eyed readers may also see that there is a new page in my links at the top- a Christmas Card Gallery. I thought I'd make use of another of the 10 pages Blogger says we can have, and put the pictures all in one
place. Each set of cards does have a link to the original blog post, so if a browser wants more info about products used, they can just go to the post, but otherwise you can just look at the images.

For starters, I wanted to use an embossed background to die cut from, so I needed a big enough folder to give me room. These two- I've put some black card in them so the design shows better- are a recent purchase.
 They are Crafts Too folders, bought from The Art Of Craft. Called 'Seamless Circle' and 'Happy Christmas' respectively, they measure  5 3/4" x 7 1/2"(14.6x 19cm), which means they will cover the front of an A4 sheet folded card.




I selected my first 3 dies, this set is called Heirloom Ornaments 2010 from Spellbinders. I used the middle 3 dies- there is one larger and one smaller.





I also had an idea of the paper I wanted to use. I use the word paper loosely here, as they are almost fabric like, and have a raised printed design on them.




 The die cut front,from the 'Seamless Circles' folder, and the sheet I'd decided to use with it.




Double sided tape used to stick them together, them matted onto some gold card.







Some small ribbons added with a glue dot to the top of the baubles.


















Next up I used some of the marbled paper- the design on this one fitted the baubles perfectly. This ones cut from the Merry Christmas folder.







A different die for this one- an X-Cut 'Stars' die set. 5 dies in this set and again, I used the middle three.









Backed again with one of the marbled paper sheets, and I added a small flourish to the top of the bauble, along with a ribbon bow.
 The Flourish comes from the Tim Holtz strip die 'Winter Foliage'.







Back to the baubles for this one, and I changed it up a little, making it a landscape orientation, and just using two dies. I added a 'string' with some gold thread secured at the back with DST, then matted onto gold card again.














 Still making changes, the card on the left uses Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments 2011, and I used a mix of the two sets for the card on the right, both using the Merry Christmas folder.







 The dark blue has a gold matt and bows, and as the lighter blue one has silver dots on it, it's matted onto silver card, with silver bows added.



The sentiment is from the Phill Martin set 'Snowflake Sentiments',stamped in Gold and heated with Gold Detail EP, added with pop dots. I've also added a small acrylic gem to the centre of the snowflakes in the sentiment.






I stamped and embossed a sentiment in silver to match the pale blue one.
























I've also got all the 'positive' shapes left over, which will make another batch of cards, mounted onto a Christmas Paper backing, So 12 cards from one batch of die cutting.








Die Sets used:

 Heirloom Ornaments 2010,(left)



Heirloom Ornaments 2011(Right)
 both Spellbinders.



     X-Cut Star



 

4 comments:

Barb said...

You're certainly ploughing ahead with your cards Shaz. Some more really lovely Christmas cards. Barbxx

Krisha said...

WOW! Those are some gorgeous cards Shaz!

misteejay said...

What fabulous cards Shaz. You have certainly been busy.
It really makes sense to use both the die-cut and the 'waste' because it gives two very different effects.
Have a great weekend.
Toni xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

So loving your Christmas cards and thanks for the ideas, I really need it Shaz as I've gone brain dead where Christmas is concerned. Happy crafting, Angela x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...