A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Monday 25 April 2016

Butterfly Tree, times 2.

This card is using the Butterfly tree from Sweet Poppy Stencils. It was done using white Glossy embossing paste and a selection of glitters. I added the Copper Glitter for the trunk first, and it's just a matter of being careful where you sprinkle it, and then tip it off away from the butterflies. A little going on them won't matter, especially if you are going to do an assortment of butterfly colours as I have here. I think in all I used 4 colours for the butterflies.
 I punched some spare butterflies from glitter paper, and added them atop the image with some Pinflair gel glue.
 It was matted onto  a copper coloured glitter paper, and I find when attaching any card to glitter paper, it is better to use a glue such as the Pinflair glue gel. You can put DST on the back first, but smear some glue gel on top of that. It will stick well to the glittery surface, and also give you some slide-ability when matting.
 Next I matted it onto a sheet of purple glitter paper that had had one edge punched with an X-cut border punch, called Doily Dots.
 All mounted onto a 7x7 card base.
The second card is similar, but I used a paler almost Champagne coloured glitter for the trunk, and pale pink and lilac glitter for the butterflies. I matted this one onto silver glitter paper, then purple again. The purple this time was punched with another X-cut border punch called Looped Fringe.The base is an A4 cardstock sheet folded in half.
 Both have copper coloured peel offs used for the Birthday greeting.
 I may end up adding a ribbon to these, as they seem to be missing something, I think.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Great effect with the coloured glitters, looks fabulous. Cara x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...