A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Monday 3 August 2015

Some new dies - Alphabets and THOSE Birds!

 I have my Bird Crazy dies! Been waiting a few weeks to get these, but actually a lot less time than I expected,as they were not expected over here till the end of August. However, Jenny at The Artistic Stamper had them early, last Monday, so here they are. Apparently also, according to Jennies Facebook page, Sizzix are considering doing an accessories die set- hats/masks/ etc etc- they have been asking for customer feedback to see if it's wanted.
 The other two sets came about thanks to a video I watched the other night, which featured a card made using the die set on the lower right, a set called Coles ABC, by Lawn Fawn. The only die alphas I own are for my old Quickutz Squeeze tool, and whilst they work fine for cutting out individual letters, if you want to form a word, it becomes a nightmare, as you cannot see the actual die position.
For anyone not familiar with them, this is what they look like. You can see the cut shape on the cutting side, but the back of the die is blank, making positioning letters in a phrase or word a bit hit and miss.


The Lawn Fawn set, from Crafty Devils Papercrafts, are all joined by little legs, which need to be separated, by twisting them apart. I also used a pair of wire cutters to remove most of the excess.





 
The size of the letters is almost 1", 23mm, high, which I think is a good general size for most cards.







 It includes a question mark and exclamation mark, but no numbers or ampersand.










The second alpha set is by X-cut, and also from Crafty Devils.Its called 'Wedding Alphabet & Numbers'. The dies on this one are slightly larger than the Lawn Fawn set at almost an inch and a half, or 34mm.
 It also includes the numbers 0-9, an ampersand, exclamation mark and question mark.






 The addition I really likes was 'st''nd''rd' and 'th'.







 I already have a card in the making, which I will share tomorrow when it's finished, using the Lawn Fawn set, and based loosely around the card I saw.
                                                                             



   Final dies to show you are the Bird Crazy ones from Tim Holtz/Sizzix, to go with the Tim stamps.
You get the 6 dies to match the stamps, then a further 12 dies, of eyes/beaks and wings.
I've already used one of the dies to cut out a bird I stamped, and I was surprised how easy it was to line up, and how well it cut out.. You'll see that in tomorrows card!

4 comments:

Shoshi said...

A great collection of dies, Shaz. Also very interesting seeing how you separated them, and how you line them up. I haven't got very many dies at all and funnily enough, got them out only yesterday to use one, after not having used them for several years! I was using my Cougar cutting machine to get the same results, but still have not got that set up again since we moved house (other things - and you know what lol!! have intervened and taken over my life since we've been here!). I look forward to seeing the card you make with the new dies.

Shoshi

Cazzy said...

OMG I want those birds, now you are telling me about dies I must have too! My wish list is getting longer and longer......

Helen said...

I found my birds a bit tricky to line up (must order the magnetic platform!) especially the eyes and beaks.. really don't think I'll be using them too often - so I certainly wouldn't go for the hats and accessories set! (or the stamps either!) Look forward to seeing what you do with the crazy bird tomorrow.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Funny, I've just been looking at the new SU alphabet and numbers dies and wondering whether to add to my wish list. Those alphas I do have were bought a long time ago and with scrap booking in mind. Something around the 2cm mark is much more useful for card making. Love the card you made for Jan :-)

Fiona #33

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...