A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 17 June 2015

WOYWW # 315

Absolutely nothing. Nada.  Not a single thing to show you for this weeks WOYWW, courtesy of Julia over at The Stamping Ground. Why a bare desk? you may ask. Two reasons, firstly, we spent last weekend at Download, and I'll share a pic or two in a minute, but mainly because we are off on holiday on Friday- 10 days in Crete- absolute heaven.
We did have a great weekend, despite the British weather, but I can definitely say I am done with mud for a very long time!










Friday morning the weather was glorious, we even caught the sun a little. Then later in the afternoon it started raining. A lot. There was potential for needing to build an Ark.



After all the rain Friday afternoon/night, this was what the field looked like on Saturday. Actually, this patch wasn't the worst, you can still see grass.
One highlight of the weekend was an entertainment called Battle Heritage. These guys  fight in full armour.  I won't say mock fights, because these guys are not playing at it! The guy in the middle of the picture, with the white cloth held to his face had a huge gash across his nose and cheek. There is not a playful tapping of swords here, they full on batter each other to the ground (with blunt weapons).


Fellow fans of Game of Thrones, I swear that's The Mountain- he was enormous.














Highlight of Sunday night- KISS! Just a small portion of the crowd in this shot- 85,000 people on the field for Sundays bands.





I'll leave you with a final shot from my room, thanks to Tim Holtz and his 12 new colours for the year, I needed to re-organise my inkpads to accommodate them. Right on the top of the shelves are the only Wood-mounted stamps I have now. All the really big ones, which I'm sure are easier to manage still on their block.



OK, I lied. One last pic, as I just turned around to look out of the window, to see this sky.
 So that's me done for today, I won't be joining in next week, but I'll take a pic or two to share when we get back.

22 comments:

Neet said...

First of all, just go away and enjoy that holiday. We will miss you but know that you are soaking up the sun and having a lovely tie, resting I hope!
Gosh, what a lot of inkpads you have!! And all so neatly arranged, in fact I am envious of the lovely unit you have there on the wall.
Great pictures of your weekend jaunt, shame about the rain but you still seem to have enjoyed yourselves.
Hugs Neet 13 xx

Helen said...

Had to smile at the photos from the weekend - that's some rain you got caught in! Enjoy the "proper" holiday - hope the weather is more kind to you... see you when you get home with the photos (love a holiday photo!) Your ink storage looks great, how wonderful to have them displayed like that.. Love, Helen 2

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Had to stop before I went to bed. I nearly built an ark in my back yard, which looks almost as bad as that muddy field. That was one huge battle, if they were that serious.

Loved the desk shot. I actually prefer wood mounted stamps. I think they stamp better, but I'm not much of a stamper, so what do I know. Happy WOYWW from # 5.

BTW, have a SUPER holiday in Crete.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love your wall unit...it's so neatly arranged. That makes me smile...I bet you know where everything is and don't have to waste time searching for stuff...fabulous idea!
Loved seeing the Download pics...that battle looked amazing and you can tell they really meant it, lol!
Have a wonderful, restful time in Crete...soak up some sun.
Hugs, LLJ 8 xxxx

Glenda said...

Just look at all that ink! I'm always on the hunt for more great colors!
Glenda #34

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz, happy WOYWW. Sounds like you had a fabulous time and are going to continue to...very interesting that fighting in full armour, wow. Great view of your ink pads - they look fantastic, all organised, just waiting for your return. Enjoy yourselves, Cheers RobynO#16

My name is Cindy said...

Great post Shaz despite the empty desk! I really wish I had the oomph to get out to Festivals, the atmosphere must be amazing. I have been keeping up on the radio and eldest went off to IOW at the w/e - her feet haven't touched the ground yet (despite the mud!!). Have a great holiday!! Happy WOYWW Cindy xx

sandra de said...

Lovely to see you had a great time and some great pics. Have a glorious holiday.
sandra de @37

Kristiina said...

Hope you have a lovely time in Crete -probably better weather than at home :) looks like you're really picking the cherries of vacation time. Happy woyww!
Kristiina #19

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Wow it's also neat and tidy. Love your space. I too am a fan of the thrones. Looks like a fabulous vacation enjoy your time away. Peg R 50

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great time! I live in the middle of the U.S. and it has been raining almost every day for three weeks. The garden likes it...but we have a lot of mud too. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #43

Debbie Rock said...

Ha! Knew there'd be mud! YES!!! The extra crop is wonderful ... will PM you my only doubts!!!! Can confirm the canvas was posted off this morning ... will be SOooooo glad when it arrives and I get any feedback ... just too stressful for Lil' Ole me though. Have a FAB - U - LOUS time on your holibobs and chat soon ok. Much love to you from Debbie xXx

Shoshi said...

Great to see the Download pics, Shaz - you 2 look so cool!!! As for the "mock" battles, well! What can one say? That must have been amazing to witness! Hope you have a simply wonderful time in Crete and I can't wait to hear all about it.

Not joining in WOYWW this week - I'm having a very bad experience after the 2nd chemo and feel nauseous (despte taking the meds) and completely wiped out, and sleeping a lot. Just feeling totally awful. No doubt it will pass in a day or two and I can't wait!

Take care you 2 and safe travels!

Shoshi

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Ah, big brutish men in armour pummeling each other... what more could a girl ask for? (well, new ink from Tim, but you got that covered). I love that shot of your inks and big stamps. So organized and just the right color easy to find. And Kiss! Even crazier fun! You've been very busy! Judy #55

Anne said...

Hi Shaz - I'm back. Just been so busy last few weeks. Well it seems as though you enjoyed your weekend - must admit I wouldn't have liked the mud :-) Have a wonderful holiday you both deserve it! Anne x#25

Unknown said...

Looks like you are having a blast! Interesting how guys still like to beat up each other, LOL! And to see KISS, pretty amazing!
Carol N #45

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the shelving, very neat and tidy. I hope you have a great holiday. I've seen those Battle Heritage guys before, they are very good. Have a great week and a happy woyww, Angela xXx 26

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

well Shaz, I am totally thrilled that you are going to, or rather "are" in Crete .. as I'm writing this very late .. seems to be my way at the moment.

The "mountain" looks like one of my nephews .. three of them have ginger beards too, and are huge, 6'4" and I am very tiny compared to them, I get a crick in my neck around my family :D

Caught up on your cancer news and sorry to hear it will be praying for you in that .. maybe God willing, be better than they think eh? pray so.

Beautiful and thoughtful gift by Sandra, down below, Dee how sweet WOYWW folk are. special, isn't it?
I haven't been well, that is why haven't been around in blogland. :D on the up now, though.

Happy belated WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #60

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Nannie4 said...

Have a great time in Crete, Shaz. It looks like you did have fun on the weekend, in spite of the rain. Good for you. We'll all look forward to your pics when you return. :) Nann4 #62

Lisca said...

Thanks for sharing all those great photos! I bet you had a brilliant time in spite of the rain.
Your ink/stamp wall is wonderful! So organised! I'm impressed.
Have a lovely holiday tomorrow in Crete with lots of sunshine and relaxation.
Thanks for visiting,
CU soon,
Lisca

Eliza said...

Have heaps of fun and enjoy your holiday what a great escape oh and thanks for the laugh about Man Mountain he really does fit the bill. As I was reading your story and was looking at the armour I was thinking GOT and giggling and bingo you said it Man Mountain. Yes I do think Tim has mucked up everyone's storage solutions. Ah off to the drawing board we all go.

Thanks for sharing, have a great holiday
Hugs Eliza & Yoda

Kyla said...

Glad you are enjoying your hols....sun, good food and cocktails just what the doctor ordered :-)
Kyla

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...