A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 31 December 2014

WOYWW #291- New Years Eve Edition.

Happy New Year to all my WOYWW buddies, may it be peaceful, happy, healthy and prosperous.
 Well, just where did that year go? I know we all say the years pass faster as you get older, but its getting ridiculous now! I feel like last year just went by in a flash.
 But the year would not be the same without our regular meets at Julias house, The Stamping Ground, for our weekly snoopfest.
 So, to the desk. First, a few crafty goodies in my stocking off Santa:
Both sets of Spellbinders were on my Amazon wish list- I have the Long Baubles(2011) version, this is the rounder 2010 one. The penguin stamps and die cut were  Beloved Hubbys find on the net- I see little groups of Penguins appearing on cards next year.
 Two semi precious stone angels for my collection, I have a number of animals, angels and hearts.



Yesterday I felt like we are finally getting this pain/discomfort thing under some real control, and I actually managed to get something done. Sorted out my dies into themed folders- might save on the time wasted hunting for something. Also might mean they get used more!
A little Christmas pressie to myself- The Craft Station had some Sweet Poppy stencils in their sale. They are mainly stencil versions of Lavinia Stamps, and I got 4 nice  fairy ones. Also, a Holly leaf die- can I claim that as a start on next years cards? lol.







Finally a really sweet pic, in more ways than one. We went into Birmingham to John Lewis, to look at TV's. After about 1/2 an hour standing around/ walking round various tv's, I was struggling, so Hubby took us off to the restaurant for a coffee. Sent me to sit down while he got the drinks (and cakes, lol). I had a very nice shortbread with my Mocha- I could eat shortbread until I was sick, honestly. But this was what Hubby saw at the counter, and brought for me: Monty, the gingerbread penguin! How can I possibly be expected to eat something so cute?
 So that's my final desk for the year-I'm hoping and planning on doing a lot more crafting next year, and looking forward to our weekly meet up at Desker Central, under the watchful eye of our much loved Julia. Have a lovely New Years eve everyone, wherever and whenever you are.

Just remembered- the saga of the canvas! This was what it looked like:

 It did involve taking down the 4 smaller pics that had been on that wall and relocating them, and fortunately Hubby loved it! Quite a bit of alcohol there, for cocktail making. Thanks to the painkillers, I've only had two cocktails all over Christmas- that was most definitely not part of the plan!

29 comments:

Cardarian said...

Hi Shaz!
I think of you a lot and wish you all the best in 2015!
I am looking forward to seeing you at the WOYWW gathering!
Lots of love anf hugs,
Cardarian

Ali H said...

Hi Shaz just wanted to wish you a very happy new year and hope that you are restored to full health really soon love Ali #12

Helen said...

Happy New Year, Shaz (and Doug) Hope that your pain levels continue to steady - shame you missed out on all those cocktails. Monty is definitely too good to eat! Helen #13

Unknown said...

Hi Shaz
I love all your new presses and treats. I couldn't eat the little penquin either! I hope 2015 for you is a better, positive year where you are feeling much better.
Hugs Lynda B 16

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Dear Shaz well lovely new stash there, love the dies and the stencils/ stamps too well done on hubby finding the ultra cute penguins too...
... and glad that you have the pain management sorted that can be a pain in every way eh?

Praying every blessing on your 2015 esp for your health, and happy WOYWW!
Shaz in Oz.x #15 I think

Lunch Lady Jan said...

When your treatment is all done, I shall make you the largest cocktail in existence!! So be warned :-)
You got some fab crafting prezzies, I was a lucky girl too. And the 'tiny' canvas actually looks really good where it is, am glad that it was a hit!
Take care, hope you're feeling a little better with the pain under control.....
Love, LLJ 14 xx

Glenda said...

Happy 2015 to you and yours! Hope you find good health and are pain free! Happy WOYWW!
Glenda #24

Christine said...

LOVE that canvas! He's beautiful.
I think you were both very brave to go into Birmingham, all that noise and crush sends me into a tizzy!!
Love your crafting goodies - sounds like you had a good Christmas.
I wish good health and happiness for you all in 2015

Bishopsmate #30

sandra de said...

Wishing you an absolutely fab 2015, I am sure it is all up from here on. Love the Xmas penguin stamps and shortbread.
Sandra de @31

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Those PB penguins are adorable. Here's to good health in 2015. Thanks for all your visits and comments throughout the last year xx

Fiona #18

Annie said...

Monty is just far too cute to eat :-) I really love that canvas.
Wishing you a very happy New year filled with many creatived times and lets hope it's a happy and healthy one for us all.
Hugs,
Annie x # 22

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Shaz! I agree - you can't possibly eat Monty! I love your new stencils and the cool canvas on your wall! Wishing you improved health in 2015 and lots of creative ideas to keep you busy! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #26

My name is Cindy said...

Nice prezzies Shaz and I'm sure you'll put them to good use this year. I agree it sure has gone fast and it really does seem to get faster as you get older! Hoping 2015 is a better year for you healthwise. Big hugs, Cindy xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw Shaz, am cross that you've had to be using painkillers over the holidays, but glad to end that you might have got a handle on getting them to help your comfort levels. It's a slog gal, don't give up. I'm with you on the shortbread too....if it's in the house, I have to eat it till its gone. Very dangerous! Lovely bunch of pressies, and Yep, the canvas was worth the hassle!

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz and may tomorrow be the start of a wonderful year. Hoping you'll soon be on top of the world and fully recovered...hugs RobynO#35

Twiglet said...

Thanks for a good yearful of snooping round your crafty activities on your desk. All the best for 2015! x Jo

Artatag said...

Oh some nice goodies there on the table waiting for you! Art is such a good thing!
Monty must be preserved! He really is cute!
I wish you and your famuly a very happy and successful New Year!
Hugs
Gabriele 25

Unknown said...

You received some really nice crafting goodies in your stocking. Love that penguin stamps and die. Have a Happy New Year. #37

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

Oh the penguin cookie is so cute! My son would love that! I collect penguin stamps in order to make things for him because 'it isn't manly to collect penguins' LOL Happy New Year :) #39

Kim said...

Here's to a Healthy Pain Free 2015!! I love those stencils, and your Dragon Canvas would fit on one of my walls just fine!!

Anne said...

Some lovely pressies. I wish you a happy and healthier 2015. Anne x #28

Unknown said...

Looks like you got some great stuff to play with! And that is a cute piece of gingerbread. Never seen one like that before. And your picture about the drink bar... oh my gosh! Gave me thought of Harry Potter! Hope you have a better 2015 with complete healing!
Carol N #34

Hettie said...

Happy New Year to you and Doug, Shaz. I am so glad to see you keeping your spirits up, though I do not mean the alcoholic ones!!
Loving your goodies...that bauble set is the one I had so much fun with. I treated myself to a new one which arrived today! Oops! Well that was so last year!
Hugs
xxx

Annie Claxton said...

HI Shaz, glad you found room for your unexpectedly huge canvas, looks fab! Love all you penguin goodies, Monty is so cute (but I would still eat him) :o) Happy new year to you and yours, Annie X #47

Shoshi said...

What a great day out you had, despite it being so exhausting - I love shortbread too! Lovely new stash you've got for the New Year, and your canvas is amazing... Here's hoping 2015 will be full of good news for you, and great improvement in health all round. Keep up the good work, both you and your wonderful hubby.

Happy New Year and happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #58

Kyla said...

ooh, the picture was quite big! :-)

Some lovely Christmas presents from hubby, very nice.

Glad you have been getting the pain under control, its all a learning curve :-)

Happy New Year
Kyla #5

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Your craft room looks far more organised than mine, but I do have a lot of Christmas cards to store as well now, after the failure of the Christmas fair - no panic for next year then. I have not moved on to sorting my dies yet. They will come after finishing doing my stamps and stencils and finding some space in my room. I think a lot of stuff will be heading to Merlin and to the litle ones in Derby to play with. Have a positive New Year. xx Maggie #50

Cazzy said...

Happy New Year Shaz, glad the pain is getting better.
Maybe you will be able to drink next Christmas.
I love your penguin pressies and the cookie, I have those baubles and that heart die set, don't have the long baubles yet.

I had to buy myself a few pressies too, and the holly die definitely counts towards next year's cards (this year by now).



Sorry this is late.

Cazzy x #61

Sue said...

Happy New Year, Shaz! I've done some catch-up reading here on your blog and was happy to read that your pain/discomfort is getting more manageable. I'm trying to get MUCH better at visiting blogs and leaving comments and all of that this year. I very much appreciate how "real" you keep things - the success and not-so-much of your crafty experiments, what's going on in your world, etc. The oversized canvas was fun to read about - I'd have NO idea what to expect if I had to order something using the metric system! Anyway - just wanted to stop by and say hi and I truly hope that 2015 is your best year EVER!!!

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...