A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 13 August 2014

WOYWW #271

Good Wednesday everyone- time for the regular desk hopping known as WOYWW. Link in at The Stamping Ground, where our Hostess with the Mostest, Julia, will attempt to keep us all in some sort of order.
 A couple of pictures of stuff done recently, as there isn't much on my desk right now, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, being mine and Beloved Hubbys birthday on Thursday, so I can't show his card yet, and the other being some news I'll share a bit further down.
This one was for a friend at work, for her sisters birthday.




This was just playing with the resist stamping again- really like this technique.




So, my news, and its going to be a bit of a shocker. It looks like I have a Bowel Cancer diagnosis. Had a colonoscopy on Saturday just gone, and they found a growth. I've been booked for a CT scan and an MRI, the CT I now have the appointment for this Saturday, so things are moving along pretty quickly. They haven't said 100% thats what it is, obviously waiting on biopsy report, but I think they have seen enough of this sort of thing to know what they are seeing, and the scans are to give them info on size/accurate location/stage, rather than a diagnosis. I think you can also tell a lot from their demeanour when telling you stuff, you know its not a good thing. A few people on here are in the loop already, and if for any reason, treatments etc, I can't post, I know they will keep everyone updated. Silly thing is, I feel a bit of a fraud, as I feel perfectly fit and well- the only problem I've had was passing some blood, which is why the colonoscopy was done. Doesn't feel like I have anything wrong with me at all, which I take as a good sign that its fairly new and localised. Whatever it turns out to be, you can be sure that I am being very strong minded about this- I've decided that its beaten, it just doesn't know it yet!
 As such, this sums it up perfectly for me, lol:
My (slightly) weird sense of humour is intact, which is good, a friend the other day (she's been diagnosed with Leukemia) said' you do know the Grim Reapers a Goth, don't you?' I replied, ' Of course, I've watched Bill & Ted'. She also suggested we get together when we have a treatment gap and have a Cancer Cocktail party, which seems like a fine plan. She lives near Whitby, which makes it even better, lol. Theres only one 'C' word guaranteed to make me panic, and we all know which one that is! So, having dropped that bombshell, I will catch up with you all later on- off to get my beauty sleep. Have a great week folks, see you later.

28 comments:

l00pyscraftcreations said...

all I can say hunni, is (((((()))))) and I will be sending up prayers for you and your friend, may God Bless you all, xxx

Helen said...

Your link was wrong, but so glad I came to find you. Oh my, Shaz, what a shocker.. Hope they've found it in good time and you get speedy treatment.(sounds like you are) Sending you big hugs. xxxx Helen 3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love that statement! It's so you! Keep being defiant and Bolshevik and you'lL kick that bu*#€r into touch!
Hope you and Doug have a fantastic birthday, I'm sending massive hugs to you both.
Hugs, LLJ 12 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Bolshevik???? WTF? Blooming auto correct.....of course I meant BOLSHY!!
Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like your URL on 17 has some spaces where it shouldn't - is it a predictive text problem, it adding a space between "words" cause it thinks you need them? No matter, I found you anyway :)

With that sort of thing, medical stuff, it's hell, the waiting. Fingers crossed it all works out to be if not nothing then at least early caught, treatable, and low impact on life as you know it.

hang tight

Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (1)

Debbie Rock said...

LOVE the resist technique! Yeah, you already have it beaten and know you have nothing but my love and thoughts as you send it packing. Love Debbie xXx

sandra de said...

Ohhh Shaz you are so amazing. Knock that "c" right between the eyes. Sending you lots of cyber hugs.
Sandra de @33

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz, well that's not good to read but you certainly have the right attitude...have had breast cancer 13 years clear now and my dad came through the bowel thing ...so know that you have lots of extra well wishes coming your way. Love that resist card, happy WOYWW, keep in touch and craft as much as you can. Hugs RobynO#39

Belinda Basson said...

That is quite a bombshell! I like your attitude however, the power of the mind is an underestimated thing. Keep us posted so we can keep you in our thoughts and party with you in your treatment gap.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh girly, all I can say is that it's perfect you should be enjoying the 'resist' technique...that sums up the resistance you're going to put up against this horrible disease. As I've already said, am so glad you're feeling fit...gives you so much of a head start!

fairy thoughts said...

e you well if anyone can beat the grim reaper at the goth game its you shaz. sorry to hear tht shocker but thats totally the right attitude. love the idea of the cocktail party ..... so like you
janet @2
lovf the cards BTW

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What's the C word that panics you? Christmas? That's my trigger C-word. Scary about the potential diagnosis, you are right that you can tell when it isn't good news by how the medical people act. You have the right attitude about it for sure. You card is beautiful and I must remember the resist technique myself one of these days.

Mrs.D said...

Poor Shaz, and such a brave face you are putting on it all. If you haven't had any major symptoms, just the passing blood, we can hope that it can be dealt with quickly and effectively and all be over soon.
Praying for you.
Chris #63

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best! Maybe your results are negative, but be aware, that you can survive that C-thing! It is 7 years, since I had my first operation and I am still here and active.
Cheers
Gabriele 29

Anne said...

Hi Shaz - well what a post!!! Love your attitude and my prayers go with you as 'you kick it into touch'. You go girl- YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
Great card as well. Hugs Anne x #33

My name is Cindy said...

Really like that resist card - it's awesome. Bummer about your news, well done for keeping your sense of humour intact, your post made me smile despite the 'shock'. Brave of you to let us all know - I've only met you a couple of times but I think you are a very strong person. There's not much anyone can say really is there but we are all here, and not just every Wednesday - one step at a time? Hugs Cindy #57

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I know this is not something anyone wants to be told but my mum had the same attitude as you and it is now six years since they found her cancer in a similar place. No-one wants it but where the cancer is makes it easier to be dealt with so keep your chin up and we will all be rooting for you.
Big hugs, Angela x #44

Unknown said...

What a bombshell... I am in awe of you spirit any sense of number. Those will get you through this... and the love of your friends. Prayers....Diane #77

Kim said...

Early detection and great attitude is the key!!! Sounds like both are in your corner...If it helps, my Mom, now 91, was diagnosed 13 years ago...still C-free!
Oh, and I love the resist card!

okienurse said...

Love the card and resist stamping but I think what is perfect is your Awesome attitude girlfriend! {{Do NOT start with me!!!}} I have heard that C word a couple times in my 62 years and it always shook me up a bit none the less. At 42 yrs I was told I had a pelvic mass...surgery revealed a 9# mass that was benign so no chemo or radiation needed. at 55 I was diagnosed with face cancer and had 3 extensive surgeries and now seem to be okay. No chemo or radiation because of it being in my skull!!! Can't do it right I guess! Waiting for what comes next cause it is always a fear of the unknown! Keep doing what you are doing and when they do your surgery let us know! Thanks for visiting my desk last week. Just got home from the war and posted some more pictures if you are interested. Vickie #75

Kyla said...

Loving the resist technique, often forget it so thanks for the reminder :-)

What rubbish news, you are right that a positive mind is a great strength. Love to you and Doug xx
kyla

Christine said...

Speechless I am!
Stay strong, remember when you're down there's nowhere else to fall so stay strong.
Praying for you, He got me through it so He can get you through too.
Hope you both enjoyed your birthdays.
Love and God bless you and keep you.
Bishopsmate #50

Helene said...

Long time, no see! I've said it before - I'm amazed by your art and this card is certainly no exception!

Shoshi said...

Oh Shaz... I am so sorry to hear your news. However, these days the prognosis is very good and it is not the death sentence it used to be. I wish you all the very best, and rest assured my prayers are already going up for you. Your wonderful attitude and continuing sense of humour will stand you in very good stead because you are so up-beat and a fighter! Keep us up to date with news as and when you can, and meantime, I hope you will continue to feel well, and get through all your treatments OK.

Thanks for taking the trouble to comment (and such a lovely one too) when you have so much on your mind. Much appreciated!

Mega hugs, hunnybuns.
Shoshi x

Shoshi said...

PS Your "resist technique" (as well as being awesome on the card) is what will get you through this! Just remember, "Resistance is NOT futile" lol! Hang in there.

Shoshi x

BJ said...

Oh hugs Shaz, hope the other tests prove you wrong though. Puts what I have had to contend with this past week into perspective though, although I have been feeling horrid. More Hugs BJ#69

glitterandglue said...

Hello Shaz. Firstly, your card is beautiful. You are very talented - have a great way of putting colour and shape together. Secondly - I am praying for you. Keep hold of that sense of humour! - I know that when John was diagnosed with prostate cancer it took a bit to get over the shock - but once we got through that initial bit, we had such a lot of fun laughing together as he went through the months of treatment.
Take care of your self, our friend. Reading all these comments, it is very obvious you have lots of folk standing with you!! May you know God's peace in all this.
Love n hugs,
Margaret #27

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Thanks for your lovely comments on my Clarity projects. The reflections are so easy using the Gelli plate, and so effective. Someone scared the life out of me this week by saying just how many weekends (or should I say how few) there are before the "C" word arrives. xx Maggie

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...